FOF roughness

metalchic

It's not rough now but the over the shoulder restraints banged your head around like a rag doll with very little you could do to prevent it. I think it's fairly smooth now but I can see why people may think it's rough.

• Like 2

I had not rode it in a few years, and I will admit it felt more jerky than I remembered. I am a few years older though, so I think my body aches a bit more easily than it used it. I still enjoyed it though.

when I rode Vortex I did not feel the banging that so many complain about though. So I guess as with all rides it's different for every rider. 

• Like 2

At least for me, the "roughness" only occurs when I sit in the back of a car (ex. sitting in 1-2 vs. 1-1); I tend to get a much better ride when sitting in the front of each car. Other than that, I think FoF's been running well this season! :D 

EDIT: And to more directly answer the original poster's question, yes; but I think at the start of both this season and last season, FoF was running very well. Also, IIRC, I asked a ride op about why the ride was smoother last year and I think they said it was the train I was riding in, so I'm not sure...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/4/2017 at 10:47 AM, MDMC01 said:

At least for me, the "roughness" only occurs when I sit in the back of a car (ex. sitting in 1-2 vs. 1-1); I tend to get a much better ride when sitting in the front of each car. Other than that, I think FoF's been running well this season! :D 

EDIT: And to more directly answer the original poster's question, yes; but I think at the start of both this season and last season, FoF was running very well. Also, IIRC, I asked a ride op about why the ride was smoother last year and I think they said it was the train I was riding in, so I'm not sure...

That could easily be the case too. Went last month and first ride my son and I were in the front seat and second time we were in the second row, and we both thought it seemed a lot rougher the second time.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have been on a few times this year and mostly I thought it was rougher. One time was particularly bad and I didn't want to ride it again. One time was unbelievably smooth. I think it depends on the seat and train. 

Tuesday I  had my worst and best ride on Vortex. First time was in the back of a car and it was so rough. The second time was in seats 6-1 and 6-2 (fiancé and me) and we both have never had such a smooth ride. I didn't think Vortex was capable of it. 

Same thing happened on The Beast. Once we rode above one of the wheels and it was hard. Second time we rode in the middle of the car and it was awesome. Just try out different seats until you find the one that you like. 

I have to agree with this here. I've only ridden KI FoF 4 times, two last year and two this year. Last year it definitely wasn't in the greatest shape, but I still thought it was a fun ride. This year it was a lot worse and a very uncomfortable experience. I wouldn't really mind if it was removed. In fact, now that I think about it, I don't think I would mind if any of the Coney Mall coasters were removed. (Except for Racer. All it needs is an extensive retracking like Rebel Yell and it would be so much better.)

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

I will state this again. My opinion is that FOF rides different in the front vs the back. Plus it seems a loaded train rides different than an almost empty train. FOF can provide different rides every cycle. One may seem pretty tame the next quite rough. Don't give up after one ride!

^I've also noticed a fairly significant difference in speed between the two different trains this year. Even when carrying the same load (just me).

I'm beginning to wonder if people who are finding it rough are riding full trains. I usually hit it first thing in the morning so there are usually  very few people on with me. And I haven't noticed any roughness to speak of. 

• Like 1