Kings Island Easter Eggs

Captain Nemo

1 hour ago, CoastersRZ said:

That is not carved on a tree.  That was a poor photo shop image.

The Son of Beast logo on the crate next to Flight of Fear?  I don`t think there was ever such a thing.  They had a crate that shook in 1999 by the entrance to the Kings Island Theater, and then had the Son of Beast logo in it by the entrance to Son of Beast.  I don`t think there was anything related to Son of Beast by Flight of Fear.

You should probably check out FoF in closer detail this season! I wouldn't have posted it if I had not seen it myself.

• Like 2

On 1/19/2018 at 6:27 PM, silver2005 said:

The ballpark seats at Reds HOF Grille are from Riverfront Stadium, the stadium the Reds were in before GABP.  The blue seats were lower deck, the green above that, then yellow at the press box level, then red for the upper decks.  

I didn't know that! How neat. I went to many games at that park...we normally sat in the blue seats but did sit in the red seats once - talk about friggin' scary! There was very little space between the rows and they almost felt like they were tilted forward. I remember feeling like I was going to fall to my death. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On ‎1‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 7:38 PM, Cdeq said:

No idea if anyone said anything about this but Mystic Shed also has the SOB anti-rollback and chain lift in it. 

so they used old parts from sob on Mystic Timbers the ride or decorations

• 1 year later...

My kids pointed out this year while riding WindSeeker, if you look down from above, next to the queue there's an area with stones that spell out 'Windy 2011', I think was what it said.  Very similar to the stones under The Vortex queue.

Also, maybe not an 'easter egg' but I love the "SHOOT a staple wherever you'd drive a nail!" poster in the Mystic Timbers loading station.  Something about a being stapled, at a coaster loading station... yeah.  Clever.

On 6/21/2017 at 3:25 PM, ComfortCounsular#1 said:

On the arch walking into Planet Snoopy by Chick-Fil-A are a few blue paw prints, I'm pretty sure these are from the Nickelodeon days. I find their presence very comforting.  

Two years later, but the arch was actually added in 2010 with the addition of Planet Snoopy. It wasn't around during Nickelodeon's in-park existence.

On 1/19/2018 at 5:38 PM, CoastersRZ said:

That is not carved on a tree.  That was a poor photo shop image.

The Son of Beast logo on the crate next to Flight of Fear?  I don`t think there was ever such a thing.  They had a crate that shook in 1999 by the entrance to the Kings Island Theater, and then had the Son of Beast logo in it by the entrance to Son of Beast.  I don`t think there was anything related to Son of Beast by Flight of Fear.

Chill bro...

• 3 weeks later...

A KI blog post covered the meanings of the license plates and the homage to the Zodiac on the new antique cars ride. One thing I was surprised that it did not mention was that the name "Peters" on one of the advertisements is a reference to the former Peters Cartridge factory located just outside the park. 

On 1/19/2018 at 7:18 PM, Captain Nemo said:

You should probably check out FoF in closer detail this season! I wouldn't have posted it if I had not seen it myself.

Its the weird almost biohazard / radiation symbol right? It is on some theming inside f.o.f. as well as The Beast and Mystic Timbers

Capture+_2019-09-17-10-04-13.png

8 minutes ago, RivertownRaider said:

Its the weird almost biohazard / radiation symbol right? It is on some theming inside f.o.f. as well as The Beast and Mystic Timbers

Capture+_2019-09-17-10-04-13.png

That's the one. The symbol was a part of SOB's theming (pictured a few posts above), and IIRC that too was a callback to Adventure Express' original plot as Outpost 5 was the mine cart's intended destination. Every so often, someone spots one of those somewhere and thinks it's the sign of SOB's return. I'm hoping Orion has one or two of these symbols on a wall, crate, sign or something. 

9 hours ago, RivertownRaider said:

I dont relate them to s.o.b. returning. Bur something cryptic tying all thrm together.. S.o.b., a.e., M.T., F.o.f.

I think it's merely an easter egg, a fun little tribute to the park's history. SOB being the biggest callback, as it built its entire theme around a reference to AE's station master recording, which is kinda cool in retrospect.