How late are you allowed to enter the park?

Alfomar

Hey everyone! I'm new here and traveling to Kings Island for the first time.

I'll be visiting the park from California and will be there on Tuesday, but I won't be there till park closing because I have to drive to Cedar Point after.

So my question is, how late are you allowed to enter the park? It closes at 10:00 tonight (Monday) and I wanted to try and get a night ride in on The Beast because I know I can't on Tuesday. The earliest I'd be able to get there after checking into my hotel is 8:00 pm, possibly as late as 9:00. Will I still be allowed into the park an hour before closing?

Thanks for the speedy responses guys! Also, how crowded do you expect the park to be tomorrow (Tuesday)? What's the average wait time of rides? I just checked and saw I can get in 30 mins early with my platinum pass so I plan on knocking Mystic Timbers out of the way then.

5 hours ago, TheRickster said:

It should be on the website but I'm pretty sure you're allowed in until like 9:30. Just double check visitkingsisland.com or give them a call tomorrow.

Good to know; I've often wondered this myself! ^_^

4 hours ago, Alfomar said:

Thanks for the speedy responses guys! Also, how crowded do you expect the park to be tomorrow (Tuesday)? What's the average wait time of rides? I just checked and saw I can get in 30 mins early with my platinum pass so I plan on knocking Mystic Timbers out of the way then.

That is hard to gauge. The last week even on weekdays has been surprisingly busy. On average though I would say expect maybe 15-30 minutes per ride if it keeps up. Even with early ride time Mystic Timbers might still be around a half hour before open to the public. We have a current wait times thread you may want to check out to gauge.

Flight of Fear and Firehawk tend to have some of the longest lines after MT, so if those are on your plans you may want to try to get to those after you have had your fill with MT.  Unfortunately they are on the other side of the park.  

Others have more experience than I with getting there early but I would suggest getting to the parking lot toll booths no later than 9 so you have time to get through security/turnstiles and be ready for rope drop at 9:30.  

Hopefully with most schools out things will improve this week but food service has had some of the longest/slowest lines so far so plan accordingly.  

Getting in at 9 should not be a problem. If all you want is a Beast night ride, head straight there. As long as you are in line at closing, you can ride. As it draws close to the end, they will call out that they are only running so many more trains, so a front ride may not happen. Also, they shut Beast down for fireworks but it should not be a problem.

After that, if you have time, see if you can hit Mystic Timbers on the way out.

In any case,  enjoy!

I know from experience that one can be admitted to the park even minutes before closing. On Closing Day last year, I was able to enter the park just five minutes before closing and snag the last train of the season on Vortex. Then the Renewed Passholder ERT came after that so my three night rides on Diamondback were a bonus. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3