Kings Island June 6, 2017

jeffywest

Hey folks, 

My wife, our fourteen year old daughter and I took a trip to Kings Island Tuesday.   After purchasing our tickets on KI website along with parking & fast pass+ wristbands we were set to celebrate our daughter's birthday.  We have been going as a family for most of our son's and daughter's childhood, skipping a few years here and there to visit other parks like Dollywood, Cedar Point and Holiday World or head to the beach.  But Kings Island has been the mainstay in our family excursions for fun.  This year our son who is 19 had his summer drill in Army National Guard so he was not able to go with us.

We arrived at the park at opening.  After walking through security, the new procedures did not hamper our progress into the park  we proceeded to the turnstiles and into the park picking up our wristbands on our way to "Action Zone".   We rode Invertigo, Bat, Delirium and my first ride on Banshee!  Man that is one smooth machine, very nice elements that blend well my favorite being the inline twist.

We made our way to Coney Island.  Exploring the park clockwise we rode some classic flat rides on our way to Flight of Fear.  FOF was very rough experience for me and I really didn't enjoy it as well as I remember during previous visits.   Zephyr at Coney is always a chill and calming ride for us so we rode that after the jarring we experienced on FOF. We skipped Firehawk, we're just not a fans of the ride. Unfortunately Vortex was almost as jarring as FOF.  The Beast was next.  A little bumpy and loathe the trim brakes on the first hill but really I am just glad we still have this classic, long may it run.  Truly, nostalgia keeps me coming back for more rides on some of the rougher coasters.  We thought that the park was clean and the staff very friendly, the ride ops were efficient. 

Heading into Rivertown we caught a glimpse at a large group of people waiting on those riding Mystic Timbers.  We were very lucky to have to Fast Passes.  Even for a relative slow Tuesday, Mystic Timbers  was an hour to an hour an half wait.  I really liked Mystic Timbers.  It reminds me of the white water rafting trips on the Upper Gauley!  I love the way it hugs the ground and interacts with white water canyon.  Bravo Great Coasters International !!   I  prefer choosing my seat on the trains but I understand the need for staff at Mystic Timbers due to the large crowd waiting to expedite the matter.  

We next rode my favorite ride in the park, Diamondback.  I just love the air time and I can't get enough of it.  Those rides alone took us approximately an 2 to ride with our wristbands!  Lunch is always LaRosa's by the fountain on International Street, it is just a tradition with us that dates back to the times when the wife and I travelled alone to the park.

I noticed that on the day we visited which was tuesday, there was longer food lines due to only having one or two stations open in a restaurant or stand; meaning on half occupancy if you get my drift.  We had a great fun time Tuesday.  We had great weather, smallish crowds and rode until we could ride no more.  Beast 2x, Banshee 4x, Mystic Timbers 3x, Diamondback 4x along with a lot of flat rides.  Until next time!

IMG_20170606_180913.jpg

IMG_20170606_191034.jpg

IMG_20170606_172405.jpg

00010IMG_00010_BURST20170606153848.jpg

Burst_Cover_GIF_Action_20170606151836.gif

• Like 5