silver2005's June 8th visit

silver2005

I got a goooood ride session in today.

This is the kind of damage I can do when left to my own devices for a day with only the usual suspects over a 15 minute wait-

Rides ridden once- Invertigo, Timbers, X-Base, SRR, Zephyr, Viking, Delirium, Eiffel Tower, KIMVRR, Congo Falls, WWC, Backlot

Banshee- 4 including night ride

Bat- 2, once for front seat

Drop Tower- 2

WindSeeker- 2 (including a spectacular sunset ride)

Adventure Express- 2 including night ride

Vortex- 4 (including a front seat zen ride just after opening, prior to said zen ride, I introduced myself to VortexBFForever)

Diamondback- 5 (twice in a row during morning ERT)

Beast- 4 including night ride, twice in the front including said night ride

Racer- 6, 2 front seat rides, 3 per side

I did manage the ultimate night ride trio by getting in Beast right before they closed for the fireworks, power walked a la malem to AE, then barely made it in line for Banshee, but was the train before the fireworks ride.  BTW, they are closing Beast closer to 9:35-9:40 for the fireworks now.  The line separaters were a bit over zealous today, in that they were so intent on getting exact amounts that they were not paying attention to the station and often sent half empty trains, mainly on Flight of Fear, Beast during about mid-day, and Diamondback.  Food service is improving little by little though.  Diamondback, for most of my visits, had its crew on their A game.  They were dispatching trains, at times, when the train ahead was just hopping off the MCBR.  And they didn't have to rush anyone, includes letting people use the bins, but still being efficient about it.  Vortex's crew also had a great showing, especially later in the evening.  Beast's crew is a bit sluggish and Banshee's is still on Red Bull and caffeine pills (aka, just mowing through lines with ease).  Oddly enough, Adventure Express had the longest wait outside the usual longer wait rides for a good part of the day.  It didn't die down until the late afternoon.  

I ate at the Smokehouse in SC for the first time, and they blew me away.  Had the wings, which, while a bit tough, was still easily the best thing I've eaten in the park...ever.  Now can we get that kind of quality and service in the main park?  I ate on I-Street for dinner at LaRosa's with a helping of a full rendition of Rhapsody in Blue which really puts the cherry on top for I-Street.  Off the Charts still does a great show, probably my favorite show in the park with Imagine disappointing me.  I'm also glad its back at the band stand.  

Overall, a perfect day at the park including incredible weather.  Glad I took the day off!

• Like 6

I am glad I had the privilege of checking your restraint on Vortex for your "zen ride!" I always love when I see friends (or in this case, fellow KICers!) while I am at work. A few friends from my high school actually visited on Wednesday night and they got to see me working Dual. :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I also wore my BUCKeye State shirt to the park (where UC and State are highlighted in white, its an official UC made OSU troll shirt), and I got a lot of props from people including a Delirium attendant who thought I went to OSU (the C in buckeye is a C-paw). :lol:

Another reason I let myself have this kind of visit is to prepare myself for CP.  

• Like 2