Airtime vs Inversions

Xdog42

Airtime Vs Inversions  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The reason why this question came to my head is because after riding Diamondback and Banshee for the first time this year (2017), I asked myself which ride I liked more so basically did I prepare the airtime on Diamondback more or the inversions on Banshee. In the past, I would have said the airtime on Diamondback but now after thinking it over I really did like the Inversions on Banshee a lot. So right now I have the rides tied at my favorite at the park, But I think if I had to pick I would say Inversions.  So What's your guy's opinion?  

I like both but if I have to pick a choice, I'd go with airtime. I love the feeling of both ejector and floater airtime whenever I ride a coaster. I love inversions but I prefer them on inverted coasters because you are essentially outside of the track and it feels like you're gliding through the air. 

• Like 2

I voted airtime. Inversions are nice, but Maverick and Storm Chaser are two fantastic examples where airtime has more of an impact on the ride experience than the inversions do. Seriously, on both of those coasters, the inversions feel like filler!

• Like 5

If you asked me Tuesday I would say inversions.   Yesterday was my first time of Banshee and Diamondback as well (I finally fit). Now I am not so sure.

I am 3 weeks into recovering from a severely sprained ankle so my legs are weak and they kind of hurt on Banshee from what felt like all the blood rushing to them.  

But that smooth air on Diamondback!  Just wow.  

It's kind of like choosing between spare ribs and filet mignon or blondes and redheads.   :)

• Like 3

On 6/15/2017 at 10:34 AM, King Ding Dong said:

If you asked me Tuesday I would say inversions.   Yesterday was my first time of Banshee and Diamondback as well (I finally fit). Now I am not so sure.

I am 3 weeks into recovering from a severely sprained ankle so my legs are weak and they kind of hurt on Banshee from what felt like all the blood rushing to them.  

But that smooth air on Diamondback!  Just wow.  

It's kind of like choosing between spare ribs and filet mignon or blondes and redheads.   :)

THIS!

I went airtime.   Based, basically, on Banshee vs. Diamondback.

• Like 2

Hands down airtime for me. I absolutely love the feeling of weightlessness and flying out of your seat, so I especially prefer ejector air. However, I do love long, drawn out inversions especially barrel rolls/inline twists/etc. That twist on Banshee is one of my favorite coaster elements ever, but I still have to give it to airtime for winning this one. I realized that only 1 coaster in my top 10 has inversions (Maverick), so I guess that's pretty obvious that I prefer coasters with speed and airtime over inversions.

• 4 weeks later...

20 minutes?  I have never taken it either and maybe it has been reformulated but 20 years ago when I read up on it before a cruise the instructions from the cruise line was to start taking it a minimum of 3 days before the trip.  

I don't get sick on coasters but occasionally get a bit uneasy on the spinning rides.   Sitting down with a cool drink for 10-15 minutes seems to work well for me.  Reading in a car also can do it after awhile (as a passenger  :P)