Day at Kings Island 6/8/17

MaestroJr

Hey guys, I had a good time at Kings Island about a week ago with my Brother, and would like to tell how my day went! Rode lots and stayed late, hope you enjoy reading. 

Left KY at about 9:30/10 and arrived in Mason at about Noon. Lines were mostly short so I first headed to get my gold pass processed and then to Flight of Fear as tradition would have it. A quick ride on Flight of Fear, fairly smooth and fast. Then we headed to Beast for an early ride which was pretty good, then Vortex which we rode the most of during the day which is great since last time we visited, it was unfortunately closed all day, so great to ride it again and the Vortex crew had it running very well and we got in a couple rides and Vortex has still got it and its nice to see it being treated good for its 30th birthday! We then got a quick ride on Racer which we rode blue train, my personal favorite! I think we won the race but I'm not sure. Fairly smooth and fast trip on Racer. Then we traveled to Action Zone for a walk-on ride on Adventure Express which I thought was a lot of fun, and also seemed to look really nice this year with all the animatronic bits running as intended. We then got a locker as Banshee was next on our list and we needed a place to stash our drawstring bag. A nice trip on Banshee after a quick 5 minute wait. The lines were still slow so we knew that The Bat probably wouldnt be that long so we headed to have a flight on it! A walk-on and would have been easy to ride multiple times but we took only one trip on The Bat. A fast paced ride on The Bat and we sat front seat which I think is best on The Bat.

Lunch at Festhaus with some La'Rosa's was next and then headed to Viking Fury. A fast line and I am not a huge fan of Viking Fury, but its an old-school ride and always gives you a interesting feeling in your stomach. Then we headed to Boo Blasters to hunt down some ghost! We rode Boo Blasters twice, and both times were about 25 minute waits, and all the talk I've heard on KIC about its improvements was 100% true. Its like its almost brand new. Our blasters were good, but the ride looks great and everything works fantastic including the tourist, all 4 Boocifer's including the much infamous fog screen effect which is now projected onto the old money safe from its Scooby days. And even Boocifers grave worked. We rode it twice and its great to see Boo Blasters receive so much TLC in the off season and hopefully it will stay like this all season. Then Mystic Timbers was on our list so we headed over there for an afternoon ride on it. A 45 minute wait, sat near the middle. My Brother hadn't ridden it yet but I had for its First Rider event so I tried to give him some pointers and info on it! It was a great ride on Mystic Timbers with lots of airtime and he had a lot of fun on it as well. We got The Bat for the Shed ending, and his opinion on Mystic Timbers was that it is a great, fun coaster, but that the shed was lacking something. I think I kinda agree although I dont really mind the shed. We then rode Vortex twice more, Red Racer, and Flight of Fear which was a fairly rougher ride near the back of the train but a very quick wait considering they shut it down for a while shortly before we rode.  One more ride on Banshee near the middle same as our first ride and had a fun, g-force thrilled ride on Banshee! Then as we entered The Beast queue, the time was 9:00, a quick ride at twilight and then we waited in line for a late night ride after the fireworks! A nice show and then we waited about 15 minutes to get to the front of the line. 

We then waited for the front seat however they announced they would only be running a few more trains so we stepped back a few seats and rode the final train of the night on The Beast! I had never experienced a last train ride before except Thunder Run at Kentucky Kingdom so it was very cool! Probably my favorite ride on Beast as you couldnt see anything and it was absolutely fantastic! We headed to the exit after a quick photo in front of the Eiffel Tower and then headed home after a great, fun day at the Island! 

I took a few photos and like usual they are mostly of Boo Blasters so sorry for no real great pictures! 

A Vortex afternoon! 

DSCF2004_zpsfncwihnt.jpg

Boo Blasters and Eiffel Tower

DSCF2008.JPG

A Kings Island night! 

DSCF2023.JPG

A fun day at the park and should be headed back real soon! Thanks for reading! MaestroJr :) 

Total ride count

Beast-3

Bat-1

Banshee-2 

Boo Blasters on Boo Hill-2

Mystic Timbers-1

Racer-2, Blue-1 Red-1

Adventure Express-1

Vortex-4

Viking Fury-1 

Flight of Fear-2

• Like 1