Blocked Off Section Of Parking Lot?

BB1

For the past season and last season there has been a block of the parking lot, next to the KI sign, separated off with barriers and barrels. I personally do not know what it could be, (probably that rumored parking lot Giga people have been talking about :lol:) but I know there are others who don't know and would like to know. Anyone have any ideas or has the purpose been stated elsewhere?

• Like 3

I suspect it has to do with traffic flow.  Blocking off that section and the way they direct traffic with the cones seems to have the effect of encouraging people to park in the north half of the lot.  

• Like 1

I have been wondering the same thing myself all season.  I doubt there is a sink hole.  It is curious that the area they have blocked off leads to the passenger drop off area though...  I too would like to know the reason for it.  

Leaving one night at closing, I noticed the lot was filled with cars who were idling and had lights on. I was curious. It turned out those cars were picking up kids that were dropped off earlier. My guess is that it is extra parking for pick up at night as to not block the road in front of Kings Island.

However, that is prime parking and you would think that the park would also want that for their paying guests who fork over a good chunk of change to park. Not sure what the solution is, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

I don't like that they have blocked off my favorite parking rows. :P 

If it is a pickup area, it would be nice to make it look a little better than that temporary fencing. I remember the old Gold pass parking in that area. It had the white posts to block it off.

• Like 3

That whole area is a flood plain. I remember that the joke for years that the "exclusive Gold Pass parking" was the first to get several inches of water. They may close it when they're expecting rain.

Also I think they use that as expanded preferred parking during busy days - like Haunt. 

• Like 3

On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 1:14 AM, BoddaH1994 said:

That whole area is a flood plain. I remember that the joke for years that the "exclusive Gold Pass parking" was the first to get several inches of water. They may close it when they're expecting rain.

Also I think they use that as expanded preferred parking during busy days - like Haunt. 

Um, the area marked off is some of the highest in elevation in the parking lot.  The flooded area was in the depression/low spot area about 7 rows south in the vicinity of the storm drain that couldn't handle all the flow.  It used to be marked with white stripes that was supposed to indicate do not park here but nobody cared about that and they have since worn off.