Origins: a Cirque Experience 2017

Magenta Lizard

It's a new slack line/tight rope performer, and he often does more difficult tricks than last year's did. However, he has scaled back a little since the beginning.

When people mention that the things the performers do aren't as spectacular as something they've seen on some YouTube video, I like to point out that these performers can do much more difficult things than are in the show. But, these are the things they can do consistently and safely (usually) 19 shows a week with only one day off (and I'm certain there are rehearsals in the mix on top of that).

I think maybe the load of those 19 shows have caused him to scale back but he is still very impressive. One show he missed what he was trying to do, flipped around the line at his waistline and managed to land on his feet in front. It was a truly spectacular save, because it looked for a moment he was headed face first for the mat. 

• Like 4

Aside from my favorite act, I enjoy watching the guy on the slackline. Even if he doesn't nail every trick perfectly every time, I've seen some great recoveries from him. Also, Liz, thanks for explaining about the skill/ability of the performers within the scope of the schedule demands. I would love to see some of the more difficult tricks you speak of, but I understand it may not be feasible as they do 3-4 shows a day. I'm going to try to make it to the 7 oclock show Friday and I can't wait! :D

6 hours ago, chuck norris said:

The cyr wheel dou is a neat act, but I feel like it moves a lot slower than the single cyr wheel act last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess that's where we differ. I feel like this is more of a dance. It has been fun to watch - despite having a lot of cyr wheel acts over the past 4 years. I feel like the original Nico was terribly boring with the two replacements through the course of the season being absolutely superb. Also, this made it so there weren't two contortion acts back to back, which greatly helped with the flow of the show.  

Over all I like this year's show better than any other year of Cirque shows so far.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, BoddaH1994 said:

I guess that's where we differ. I feel like this is more of a dance. It has been fun to watch - despite having a lot of cyr wheel acts over the past 4 years. I feel like the original Nico was terribly boring with the two replacements through the course of the season being absolutely superb. Also, this made it so there weren't two contortion acts back to back, which greatly helped with the flow of the show.  

Over all I like this year's show better than any other year of Cirque shows so far.

I agree it seems almost like more of a dance and while I enjoyed it and was a little different I preferred the single from Imagine as well. I feel like they did more with it as a solo person. Did some vertical spins and also rotating it down lower and back up. The double was a decent visual dance but they didn't really do too much with the wheel besides twirl around a few times.

overall I did feel like it was an ok replacement since we did have two years of single cyr with Imagine.

Saw my first origins show today and loved 2 of the new acts. I really miss the girl that spun all those hoola hoops last year, she was my favorite, but the balancing act on that cylinder/board is awesome. I also miss the guy that painted the upside down portraits :/ I think the hunchback creeper guys routine is rather boring. 

On 6/27/2017 at 9:32 PM, Zdiddy said:

Saw my first origins show today and loved 2 of the new acts. I really miss the girl that spun all those hoola hoops last year, she was my favorite, but the balancing act on that cylinder/board is awesome. I also miss the guy that painted the upside down portraits :/ I think the hunchback creeper guys routine is rather boring. 

That was Ariel our daughter loves her as well. The painter was Jorge (I hope I spelled that right).

• Like 1

On 6/27/2017 at 9:32 PM, Zdiddy said:

The hunchback's routine is definitely more artistic than strictly athletic, so I can definitely see where you're coming from. Personally, I actually kinda prefer him to the painting act since he seems to carry everyone's attention a little better (the painting act seemed to rely on improv with the audience volunteer to keep things interesting.) But, that's me!

I also just find him unsettling and think that's super cool, so maybe that says something about me more than anything else, haha.

4 hours ago, TombRaiderFTW said:

The hunchback's routine is definitely more artistic than strictly athletic...

He is my favorite part/character of the show. I feel you really get to know the character through his actions/reactions throughout the show. I also really like

his dance moves during the balancing act as it breaks up the tension a bit.

In fact, I'll be heading to the 7 PM show after work and I'm so excited! :D

I thought it was cool, including the preshow act the two purple-costumed fellows did about ten minutes before showtime. I would say that my favorite act (so far) in Origins is the first act of the show (on that bending pole thing).
My favorite act in Imagine was the aerialist act, so I was slightly bummed that Origins doesn't have one. But all of Origins' acts are great, and I would watch it again when I have the chance (and time)!145f6295df5300692464ae445fcb8f58.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, anne1981 said:

Who is the guy that does the balancing act? Anyone know who the one is that wears the ogre mask? 

Balancing act is Abresh Ethio Rola Rola (Instagram is abresh_he_adi  )

The mask guy is Naël Jammal (Instagram is Naopus )

26 minutes ago, Btinnel said:

Today is my twins 9th birthday.  They are obsessed with this show. We are here for the weekend. I want to try to catch a meet and greet. What shows are they after ?

The first and second ones. I absolutely love seeing them up close and talking to them. Usually most of them do come out and do it. I'm not sure on the four show days.

For Saturdays (the day of the week that has 4 Cirque shows), meet and greets are after the 1st and 3rd shows.

Thanks. They told them Happy Birthday. This was by far the highlight of their day!
35e31aaedb15c908d16338e796fd7c03.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

• Like 6