Fast Lane Wait Times- Busy Saturday?

MagnumJoe

Hey KI Fans!

Wondering what types of waits you have seen in Fast Lane lines for busier days, this year and historical? Headed down to the park Saturday, and know it will be packed with the concert and good weather. My first rule of thumb is never go to a park on Saturday, but only time we can really go and have been itching to get back to KI. (Last time I visited there was a "P" in front of KI <_<)

I have seen some crazy  waits at CP with Fast Lane, but those are generally in the fall period with the "free" Fast Lane that comes with pass renewal. I am hoping it will only be 20 minutes tops for the big attractions at KI for a June Saturday. If not oh well, at least it won't be as insane as the regular line...

Unrelated question.... I have a platinum pass from CP, anyone know if they will Scan in the Gold/ KI pass lanes?

Thanks! 

16 minutes ago, MagnumJoe said:

I am hoping it will only be 20 minutes tops for the big attractions at KI for a June Saturday. If not oh well, at least it won't be as insane as the regular line...

The park is still running the Fast Lane program in this way? As in, it's just a shorter line, but still a line? Are they still using the wristbands? 

Six Flags of all companies, STILL has a better system for this type of perk than Cedar Fair?

Sad. 

• Like 2

A Cedar Fair platinum pass gets you admission, free parking and all the gold/platinum benefits at every Cedar Fair park (morning ERT, food discounts, etc.). Also if you buy the platinum season dining plan that will work at every park as well.

Yes, Fast Lane is just another lane. Neither Plus or regular Fast Lane include ERT

AT KI, you need Fast Lane Plus for these rides:

Firehawk    
Flight of Fear    
Mystic Timbers    
Rendezvous Run    
The Beast    
Thunder Falls    
Tropical Plunge    
Zoom Flume

Yup, getting the plus option. See almost no value in the standard. 

Usually I wait and see when I get to a park to buy "fast express Q's", but I already purchased since this seems like a no brainer... Curious do they ever sell out?

Hoping the overall fastlane purchase amount will be low... Thinking concert crowd will at least shy away from buying them since they will be in the concert part of the day. 

Regular Fast Lane exists to help sell Fast Lane Plus; the cheaper option makes the premium version seem less expensive by offering a point of comparison.

11 minutes ago, MagnumJoe said:

Usually I wait and see when I get to a park to buy "fast express Q's", but I already purchased since this seems like a no brainer... Curious do they ever sell out

They have sold out, but it doesn't happen often.

If the park is packed and you'll want Fast Lane, my advice would be to buy it in the morning. Even if it doesn't sell out, you're getting less for your money the later in the day it gets.

Bar far the best $83 I ever spent. Parking lot had to have been 95% full (only a few spots in the southwest corner were open ). Mystic Timbers had a full queue most of the day. Other major coasters queues were at least 3/4 full (except for Banshee, might have been half full, but it was up and down a bit). Being unfamiliar with KI I don't know how I don't know how that correlates to wait times, but ride op on Fire-hawk said we passed at least an hour line, and saw one of the park TV's that flashed a 130 Min wait for The Beast.  The Eiffel Tower had a full queue that was spilling out. We waited in Bat's line and that was at least 30 minutes (uggh).

With the Fast Lane plus we did not wait more than 5-10 minutes. 99% of the times it was a walk up, Mystic Timbers never had a more than a few people in the FL line. Biggest "line"  was for Beast down to the end of the the Fast Lane stairs, and we were still on quick. I also appreciated they had crowd control on most stations so only a 1 train wait for most coasters. 

So I feel the Answer to the question is.... even on the busiest days you will have minimal to no wait with Fast Lane. Might have gotten lucky with the "type of crowd it was (convert goers, company picnic), but would not hesitate to go again on a Saturday and purchase fl+ if that was my only option for a visit.  

There's always a possibility. 

I'd wait until you get there to gauge the crowds (you don't want to buy it and there be no wait anyway), weather, etc. 

I guess what I meant to say was, how long would the Fast Lane lines be if the Fast Lane passes sold out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Going to KI for the first time Labor Day weekend. I'm looking at getting a Fast Pass for either that Saturday or Sunday. Worth it? If so, should I splurge for the Fast Pass Plus? I don't want to get it for both days, so what is recommended between Saturday and Sunday? Went to Cedar Point Labor Day weekend last year and Sunday was busier of the two days. 

Thanks for any info! :)

Kristy

Saturdays tend to be busier.  Labor Day usually features the addition of dollar days at KI, with lots of food and drink items costing $1 (usually hot dogs, Banshee ice cream, soda).  That usually translates into big crowds all weekend and insanely long lines at food locations offering the deal.  If you're going to buy a Fast Lane pass (FastPass is registered Disney trademark for use in their parks), I'd upgrade to Plus, since it gives you Mystic, The Beast and other slides in Soak City.   Given the crowds, waits of 60 min + aren't unheard of.  Weather, as always, plays a part as well.  If rain is in the forecast, that tends to depress crowd levels.   Welcome to KIC!