Kentucky Kingdom mini-vacation

Oldiesmann

The past two days (Tuesday and Wednesday), my sister and I took advantage of Kentucky Kingdom's coaster club discount deal (admission and free drinks for two consecutive days for $19.95) and made two day trips to KK. Although we didn't get to the park as early as we had liked either day, we still had fun and got rides on the three good coasters (one ride on T3 last year was enough for both of us, and Roller Skater is fun but nothing special).

Yesterday we got to the park a little after 2:30 and spent the better part of an hour hitting rides in King Louie's Playland with my niece (we rode a few things together, and the rest of the time we traded off with her). We then took turns watching her while the other rode Lightning Run and I rode Enterprise while my sister rode something with my niece. My sister got a ride on Tin Lizzies while I rode a ride with my niece (we were all going to ride together, but you have to be 42" to ride it even if you're with an adult). We also saw the sea lion show since we missed that when we stopped by the park on the way back from Holiwood Nights a few weeks ago.

Today we got to the park around 2 and headed for lunch at the taco place in Hurricane Bay, stopping for a couple rides on Bella Musica on the way (though for some reason the band organ wasn't going today). The tacos were good as usual, but service was incredibly slow, so it was almost 4 by the time we got changed after lunch. My sister hung out in one of the kids areas with my niece while I rode Deluge (fun but Mammoth is far better). My sister initially planned to ride Deluge while I hung out with my niece but due to time constraints we decided to head for the kiddie slides instead (the area next to the wave pool). Several rounds and bouts of laughter later, we headed back to hit Thunder Run and Storm Chaser. By the time we finished with those it was nearly 7, so my sister and niece got a ride on the kiddie whip on the way out.

Overall it was a fun couple of days, but we really needed another day to get everything done that we wanted to do (or at least a few more hours both days).

Also, if you like creamy whip places, be sure to check out Dairy Kastle. Good food and great prices, though make sure you allow plenty of time as it's quite popular with the locals.

• Like 4