My wife and I are talking about making a Carowinds trip in the fall.  Just wondering everyone's thoughts if its worth it or not.  BEing that Kings Island is huge now I have a hard time going to parks that are not Disney out side of Kings Island.  We were thinking about getting the All Inclusive Ticket for $135 which includes a Fast Lane Plus, parking, all day food, drinks, and the FunPix

• Like 1

My wife and I went to Carowinds last summer and had a great time.

Honestly it is worth the trip just for Fury 325.  Intimidator is very similar to Diamondback, but a good ride on it's own.  Flight Deck is solid.

We went on a Saturday in July and the lines weren't too bad until the afternoon, but the waterpark (pre-expansion) was PACKED because it was hot.

Also, Charlotte is a great town to spend a night in as well.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Carowinds is an interesting park, but a very solid park, after your top three (Fury, Intimidator, and Afterburn) don't expect much. If you want great food, Carowinds has plenty of it! Harmony Hall is great! Be sure to ride the flyers! They are amazing!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

FURY 325, Intimidator, and Afterburn are all quite enjoyable rides.  I can't speak as to the quality of the new County Fair (my one trip this year did not include time enough to experience that part of the park) but there are some lesser-known gems as well, such as the Woodstock Gliders.  The waterpark is nice, although it lacks any noticeable shade in the expansion.

Bottom line:  It's worth it.

(But would you have expected anything else from me?  :rolleyes:)

• Like 1

When I was there last summer it was terrible. Down the first hill into the loop that thing gave everyone whiplash. Walked off the coaster with a real bad headache.  That's just my opinion though haha Also "Flying Cobra's" is bad too. So used to all these nice smooth B&M's and Intamins  spoiled me!

• Like 1

Carowinds is definitely worth it (though the last time I went there was 2003)! Afterburn (well, it was Top Gun: The Jet Coaster at the time) was cool and I remember Hurler being fun. I've also heard great things about Fury and I really want to ride Nighthawk (Hoping to go sometime in the future).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I usually only get 1 trip a year. Year before last I went up to Sandusky. Last year I went to KI for Mystic Timbers. Debating this year for Canada’s Wonderland or Carowinds. I live in northwest IN and both would be longer trips. Any opinions? Also debating on Hershey Park or a multistop to Kentucky Kingdom/ Dollywood. Looking for opinions.. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I would save Canada's Wonderland for 2019 if possible as they will have a new major coaster that year. I haven't been to Hershey Park or Carowinds but both look great adn on my list to get to eventually. KK and Dollywood are both great though. KK has two amazing coasters with Lightning Run and Storm Chaser and it has a good water park, plus teh two days for $30 is a great deal. Dollywood is a fun park as well and Lightning Rod is one of the best coasters I've been on. The Pigeon Forge Gatlinburg area is great as well and can build an entire vacation around it. So oculd hit Kentucky Kingdom on the way down or back then do a few days in Gatlinburg and hit up Dollywood. 

• Like 1

Sadly I have not been to Dollywood since Lightning Rod has been operational.  I need to get down there again sometime soon.  Dollywood is actually the only park besides Kings Island that I have had a season pass to.  The park is wonderful and the live shows are amazing.  Their Smoky Mountain Christmas is amazing as well.

• Like 2

Carowinds is a fun park too.  Afterburn is a great B&M inverted coaster.  I haven`t visited since before Fury 325 was installed, but I hear that it is an amazing ride.

Canada`s Wonderland is a fun park too. Lots of flat rides.  Leviathon and Behemoth are both fun rides.  Vortex is nearly identical to The Bat at Kings Island.  Definitely worth a visit.  Depending if you select this park, you could also hit up Waldameer in Erie, PA.

Hersheypark is also a fun park to visit.  I haven`t been since before Skyrush opened.  I enjoyed the Comet, as well as Storm Runner (an Intamin hydraulic launch coaster).  There are also some GCI coasters there as well.  Overall a nice park.  If you are visiting Hershey, Dorney is not far from Hershey (only about an hour and fifteen minutes apart, depending on traffic).

I know I am not helping you narrow down your choices much, lol.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...