On 12/9/2018 at 5:22 PM, Oldiesmann said:

Looking forward to visiting Carowinds this summer (planning a Carowinds and KD trip in July, with a possible stop at BGW as well depending on time and finances)

We must like having eerily similar travel plans to each other because I'm also planning a SE trip with those parks and possibly Dollywood in addition to that.  

If you're planning a St Louis trip the next summer, I'm gonna get suspicious.  

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, silver2005 said:

We must like having eerily similar travel plans to me because I'm also planning a SE trip with those parks and possibly Dollywood in addition to that.  

If you're planning a St Louis trip the next summer, I'm gonna get suspicious.  

I actually did consider a trip out west next summer (SFStL, SDC and WoF) but decided a Carowinds/Kings Dominion trip would be more affordable, plus I've been wanting to hit those parks for a long time.

• Like 1

I plan on one day at each including BGW.  With the shorter drive between Doswell/Williamsburg and Charlotte, I may hang out in downtown Charlotte before heading to Carowinds.  

If I go ahead and add Dollywood, I plan at least 3 days in Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge including the GSMNP, downtown Gatlinburg, and at least 2 alpine coasters.   Also, a round of putt-putt.   

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We will be making our first trip to Carowinds this year.  Planning to go down for Friday, March 30 (during spring break), and then make a week trip during the summer, hitting Carowinds for 2 days and Kings Dominion for another couple of days.  Super excited for the new coaster as well as getting to ride Fury 325 for the first time ever!!!

• Like 2

Wow. Great to see that others are making the same trip I have been planning since November. June is when I am going to visit Carowinds for the first time ever and then Kings Dominion for the first time since Twisted Timbers opened. I am really looking forward to Fury 325.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, txdrummer said:

Wow. Great to see that others are making the same trip I have been planning since November. June is when I am going to visit Carowinds for the first time ever and then Kings Dominion for the first time since Twisted Timbers opened. I am really looking forward to Fury 325.

Yeah, this is our first year with Platinum.  We are planning on doing 3 days at Cedar Point early in the summer.  Then later in the summer take a week and hit KD and CW.  Super excited for all the new coasters this year will bring!!  And, of course, many many trips to Kings Island :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/17/2019 at 12:39 PM, Maverick44 said:

Carowinds is a blast!  I went 2 summers ago. Its funny how it is in 2 states at ones. You can be on 1 coaster but go back and forth between 2 states. I think Fury is the only coaster  that does this.

Actually, Fury and Carolina Goldrusher both cross state lines, I think.  It is quite possible that Nighthawk does that as well.

We will be try to be there on the opening day or opening Sunday when it is not busy at all.  Saturdays can be very busy.  

On 1/17/2019 at 4:51 PM, gforce1994 said:

Rip Roaring Rapids has disappeared from all park references and is not tagged on park map on app.

Looks like it's gone from the website too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Also, turns out I'll be making a trip down there in June as well. I'm really excited to ride Nighthawk, Fury, Drop Zone (yes, I know it's technically called Drop Tower :P), Vortex, Scream Weaver and Electro Spin. I do have a question, though- do they have the special All-Day Lockers like Cedar Point (the ones that travel with you) or just regular ones? Also, are there more than 2 locker locations? Looking at the 2018 map, the only lockers I saw were at the Front Gate and near Fury. Just wondering as I've counted at least 5 rides I'll know I'll need a locker for and 3 that I might. Thanks in advance!

As a final note, the last time I went to Carowinds was 2003 (The year Reptar- now known as Kiddy Hawk- opened). I'm ready to fly the friendly skies on Nighthawk and possibly get a taste of the future on Fury!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...