4 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

I still wonder if they'll RMC Hurler in the coming years or just leave it.

Personal opinion, I think Carowinds Hurler has always been in better shape than KD's.....and it's been getting quite a good amount of track work. I think it'll stay Hurler for quite some time.....eventually turning into an RMC? Sure! 

• Like 2

Hurler is the absolute worst wooden roller coaster I have ridden.  I never got to experience Hurler at KD, though.  But yeah, after I got off of Hurler, I told myself I wish they would tear this thing down.  Now, Thunder Run at Kentucky Kingdom, the third "Hurler" is awesome.  Kind of ironic that a former Six Flags coaster, that had sat abandonned for years and got a minor retracking before being reopened, rode great than another ride very simiiiar at Carowinds, which was never abandonned.

9 hours ago, jtro223 said:

Hurler is the absolute worst wooden roller coaster I have ridden.  I never got to experience Hurler at KD, though.  But yeah, after I got off of Hurler, I told myself I wish they would tear this thing down.  Now, Thunder Run at Kentucky Kingdom, the third "Hurler" is awesome.  Kind of ironic that a former Six Flags coaster, that had sat abandonned for years and got a minor retracking before being reopened, rode great than another ride very simiiiar at Carowinds, which was never abandonned.

I would not say Hurler was the worst I have ridden but it is certainly a LOT less forceful that Thunder Run. When I rode a couple years ago it was at least much smoother than the KD one. 

1 hour ago, SonofBaconator said:

On another note, I'm surprised Vortex hasn't been converted to a floorless yet; maybe that'll be an off year project when they don't have anything else immediately planned 

My body would thank them for this!  

I feel like the actual track is so short....I don't know if a conversion would be worth it or a brand new coaster in it's location....hmmm? 

On 2/14/2019 at 8:29 PM, chugh43 said:

My body would thank them for this!  

I feel like the actual track is so short....I don't know if a conversion would be worth it or a brand new coaster in it's location....hmmm? 

Patriot at CGA is shorter than Vortex and that has floorless trains. If B&M made second gen stand-up trains to test I would be all for it but I don't see that happening anytime soon. 

The map was posted on Carowinds Facebook page as well.  With that said it leaves Carowinds with 0 dry park water rides when they once had 4 and maybe something I'm forgetting.  Sorry for not using actual names in some cases but I recall their log flume, the super flume, super saturator,  now the rapids.  All while keeping it's location in the south?

carowinds2019.jpg

• Like 1

This whole addition by subtraction theme in parks the past year or two has been bittersweet.  I know some things must leave for certain reasons just seems really prevalent of recent. Kings Island with Firehawk, Kennywood with Log Jammer, Carowinds with RRR & whatever the name was of their Congo Falls equivalent,  IOA with the Dragons,  and Dollywood with thankfully just rumored at this point Slidewinder but have lost a lot recently while adding,  and nearly forgot SDC with their rapids ride.   As much is gained so much is lost.

I had to wait to bring up Volacano :'(

• Sad 1

Just now, Maverick44 said:

Also with CP and KI their log flumes. KKBC was amazing. So what White Water Landing.  I wish those would make comebacks. With WWL at CP we got Maverick so that forgivable. With KI an empty box sits on the ruins of KKBC.  

Does anyone really make log flumes anymore? Maybe they could get some sort of Intamin water ride with a chain lift and a terrible anti-rollback system? :huh:

It appears that Whitewater still sells flumes and some other cool water rides.  Mack has some nice water rides though too and Cedar Fair at least has showed some interest in working with them.

https://www.whitewaterwest.com/product-category/water-rides/

oh and Sansei (sadly the closest we get to Arrow anymore) has some traditional flumes

https://www.sansei-technologies.com/eng/product/play/rapid_ride.php

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ben43065 said:

Does anyone really make log flumes anymore? Maybe they could get some sort of Intamin water ride with a chain lift and a terrible anti-rollback system? :huh:

Was this supposed to be a joke? There are still other companies that could make a good flume. Look at the link above.

1 minute ago, Maverick44 said:

not really sure if people getting hurt is really something to joke about but hey.....who am I to say. Intamin should stick to coasters, towers and rapids.

In hindsight the joke is poor taste, I was joking more or less about how terrible of an attraction the ride.