I have family that lives in North Carolina, so I'm hoping I can go down with them to Carowinds. Tried to last year, but didn't work out. This year would be perfect with Copperhead Strike. I haven't had the chance to ride Fury since the last time I was there was in 2014.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JubJester said:

I have family that lives in North Carolina, so I'm hoping I can go down with them to Carowinds. Tried to last year, but didn't work out. This year would be perfect with Copperhead Strike. I haven't had the chance to ride Fury since the last time I was there was in 2014.

Make it happen :)

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Hey guys, curious is anyone knows if Carowinds sells embroidered ride patches in their gift shops like Kings Island and Cedar Point have. My Girlfriend and i might be making a trip down during october and iv'e been collecting ride patches for a coaster jacket and cant find evidence of them online anywhere. 

• 3 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, txdrummer said:

WindSeeker seemed to be running just fine during my visit in June. On a side note, Fury was incredible.

WindSeeker seems to be down a lot.  There was a sign yesterday that the ride was closed for the day. 

Park was really empty yesterday.  We rode Fury 11 times with 9 re-rides. Carowinds allow re-rides. 

• Like 1

Just a quick survey, which is more likely for Carowinds- RMC or GCI? I think either could come at some point in the future. If GCI I'd think of something like MT or Gold Strinker in their old DA area. If it was RMC I would say the same area but a little more intense, like Goliath at SFGA. I doubt Hurler would get the RMC treatment.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Ben43065 said:

I really hope it’s a GCI, Carowinds lineup completely falls apart after their top 4, adding another high thrill coaster (Like an RMC) wouldn’t do much to balance their collection out. Their last family coaster was a meh wild mouse from 2002.

Copperhead Strike was definitely added with families in mind though. But, I get what you are saying.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, kiisgreat said:

Copperhead Strike was definitely added with families in mind though. But, I get what you are saying.

With a 52’ height requirement I personally disagree with it being a family coaster. It’s a launch rollercoaster with several inversions. In my mind a family coaster is a coaster with a 42’ height requirement or below that is thrilling enough to be enjoyed by the whole family and isn’t too intimidating. For example The Bat, Adventure Express, Racer & Backlot (Even though it is a tad bit intense)

• Like 3

3 hours ago, SonofBaconator said:

Just a quick survey, which is more likely for Carowinds- RMC or GCI? I think either could come at some point in the future. If GCI I'd think of something like MT or Gold Strinker in their old DA area. If it was RMC I would say the same area but a little more intense, like Goliath at SFGA. I doubt Hurler would get the RMC treatment.

I have heard that an new Antique Autos ride will be replacing Dinosaurs Alive per Carowinds Connection, and the users on that site made it seem like it was almost confirmed. But I really have no idea where they got this information unfortunately.

• Like 1

I have heard that an new Antique Autos ride will be replacing Dinosaurs Alive per Carowinds Connection, and the users on that site made it seem like it was almost confirmed. But I really have no idea where they got this information unfortunately.

No, they’re actually pretty skeptical. Screamscape was the one who said AA would be replacing Dinosaurs Alive