Classic Fun in the Sun

CoastersRZ

https://www.facebook.com/events/1675750099107422/?acontext={"action_history"%3A"[{\"surface\"%3A\"page\"%2C\"mechanism\"%3A\"page_upcoming_events_card\"%2C\"extra_data\"%3A[]}]"%2C"has_source"%3Atrue}&__mref=mb

The Southern Ohio Region of ACE is hosting an event at Cincinnati`s Coney Island. Classic Fun in the Sun, on Saturday July 15th.  I know it is short notice.  

The ticket price includes parking, unlimited soft drinks all day, a meal, a historical tour of the park, unlimited classic rides, and 1 hour of ERT on Python, Rock O Planes and Topspin from 9pm to 10pm.  The ticket price does not include access to Sunlite Water Adventure).

KICentral members are welcome to attend this event (even if you do not have an ACE membership, and you can register at the ACE member price.  You must have been a registered KIC member by June 30th to attend).

To purchase tickets, please visit this page: https://ace-soar.ticketleap.com/classic-fun/  Please enter your KIC username in the spot for the ACE member number.  Tickets are $35 a person.

Thanks,

Robbie

CoastersRZ

• Like 4

I'm very interested in this! I've actually never been to Coney Island before.

Is there a deadline to purchase tickets, or can I wait and make a last-minute decision? I'd like to know how much time I have to make a decision.

• Like 2

This is very tempting. I have only been to Coney for the International fireworks competition several years ago and things were so packed with people I didn't even really see they /had/ any rides. And it's the day after my birthday, so 'treat myself' right?

I'd also like to know what the deadline is. 

• Like 1

I will likely be working part of the day.  But I will definitely be there for the ERT, likely running one of the rides... :)

The sooner you can buy the tickets the better.  I am not sure what the deadline is for purchasing tickets.  Looking into it now.

• Like 1

On 7/5/2017 at 1:10 PM, CoastersRZ said:

The ticket price includes parking, unlimited soft drinks all day, a meal, a historical tour of the park, unlimited classic rides, and 1 hour of ERT on Python, Rock O Planes and Topspin from 9pm to 10pm.  The ticket price does not include access to Sunlite Water Adventure).

Just for clarification, since I've never been to the park before: what are included (or excluded) as "classic rides"? Are we only going to be able to ride the ones on ERT during the ERT?

Classic rides includes all the rides, with the exception of Eurobungy.  Your group wristband for the event will also include free rounds of mini golf at Famours Fairways.  The only rides that will be available at ERT are Python, Rock O Planes, and TopSpin.

The admission price does not include admission into Sunlite Adventure, although that can be purchased as an add on the day of at the ticket booth.

• Like 2

As final preparations for the event are being made, I can tell you that this will be a ton of fun!  There are a couple of surprises that I was allowed to borrow to show everyone as a part of the historical tour that I think you will greatly enjoy seeing!  All registered attendees will receive an e-mail from me later this week with everything that you need to know upon arrival.  (Basically you can't go wrong as long as you come in through gate 1!)

On a more personal note, I would like to sincerely thank all registered attendees from KIC for helping us get enough numbers to run the event.  I have been planning it for quite a while, and it has been my big project since becoming a rep for this region. 

Can't wait to see you on Saturday for Classic Fun in the Sun 2017!

Nick

Asst Regional Rep, ACE Southern Ohio

• Like 3

I thought the event was well organized.  They understood the fact that you can ride just about everything in an hour or two and filled the schedule with a tour, games, etc.  The park has a decent collection of flat rides and short lines.  The ERT was interesting because they had a couple of employees who are trained to run everything in the park.  So while ERT was listed as being three rides you really could have ridden almost anything.

I really want the park to get another coaster.  I think it would help bring new customers and increase overall attendance.  I think it is the prefect park for a Raptor coaster from RMC.  But a gravity group coaster feels more likely.

• Like 2

I did not take a lot of pics, but here are a few I had taken. Python is an interesting Coaster. It rides a lot like a Galaxi coaster if you have ever been on one of those.

20170715_114450[1].jpg

20170715_115611.jpg

20170715_115615.jpg

Goble was not cooperating with pictures!

20170715_123253.jpg

Lunch was really good.

20170715_133352.jpg

The slide took a rip out of my pants.. 

20170715_141546.jpg

You can drive these bumper cars backwards if you want. I know there are some pics of me doing so. A lot of fun!

20170715_164245.jpg

Robbie (CoastersRZ) finally off work at Coney and able to join the fun.

20170715_203325.jpg

electricsun and and I on our first every visit to Coney.

• Like 7