Hello from Indiana!

ann.jms.harlan

Heading for 2 days at Kings Island, Wed & Thu this week, bringing 2 daughters and their fellas. Been a few years since I have been there, but it's been a family favorite adventure for almost 20 years. Just thought I'd say hi and thank you all for your entertaining and informative posts.

I also have a question that I haven't yet been able to discover a thread about, and I apologize for my ignorance... Son of Beast is gone, right? Kind of sad, it was a cool ride both with and without the loop. Is Mystic Timbers in any way a replacement? Is it in the same location, for Instance? Seems like a ride built for me as airtime is my favorite part.

The Voyage at Holiday World is my favorite coaster I've ever been on - smooth and flying! The Delirium is my favorite ride, though when I first saw it, I almost chickened out, it looked so fierce, and I don't generally scare.

Way looking forward to Mega Amusement!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Mystic Timbers isn't a replacement. It's in between Diamondback and The Beast, but it's still an amazing ride! However, another roller coaster which is "Banshee", is in the spot Son of Beast. And like Mystic Timbers, it's also a very fun ride. Hope you have fun!

Mystic Timbers isn't a replacement. [•••] Hope you have fun!

Thanks, Arrow! Looking forward to trying the new-to-me Banshee (does one get wet?), and definitely Mystic Timbers. I'm very glad Flight of Fear is still there as that I-can't-tell-where-the-ground-is experience is so cool. Is there a thread somewhere with the story of the end of SoB?

24 minutes ago, ann.jms.harlan said:

Thanks, Arrow! Looking forward to trying the new-to-me Banshee (does one get wet?), and definitely Mystic Timbers. I'm very glad Flight of Fear is still there as that I-can't-tell-where-the-ground-is experience is so cool. Is there a thread somewhere with the story of the end of SoB?

There's no parts in Banshee where you get wet, however the ride sign has mist surrounding it. There's also a Son of Beast memorial in the queue line!

For a thread, I couldn't really find much besides this: https://KICentral.com/forums/index.php?/topic/25938-general-son-of-beast-discussion/

Welcome to KIC; hope you enjoy your visit this week!

It definitely sounds like you'll love Mystic Timbers. It's not as tall or intense as The Voyage, but it packs plenty of punch with its 16 airtime hills.

To answer your questions about Banshee and Son of Beast:

• Unless it's raining, you won't get wet riding Banshee. On the other hand, you might feel mist from Diamondback's splashdown if you sit near the back of the train.
  • Son of Beast last operated in 2009 and was demolished in 2012; construction of Banshee on its former site began in 2013. If you'd like to take a stroll down memory lane, here are some threads to get started with:

• Like 1

^ They're showing as links that quote, yes. When you paste a forum link into the forum, it expands into a preview by default. To insert a forum link as a normal link instead, you can click "Display as link instead". Were the post preview links in my post not working for you?

I removed the extra posts from when you were trying to get the quote and edit buttons to work. Looks like you have it figured out now!

3 hours ago, ann.jms.harlan said:

Heading for 2 days at Kings Island, Wed & Thu this week, bringing 2 daughters and their fellas. Been a few years since I have been there, but it's been a family favorite adventure for almost 20 years. Just thought I'd say hi and thank you all for your entertaining and informative posts.

I also have a question that I haven't yet been able to discover a thread about, and I apologize for my ignorance... Son of Beast is gone, right? Kind of sad, it was a cool ride both with and without the loop. Is Mystic Timbers in any way a replacement? Is it in the same location, for Instance? Seems like a ride built for me as airtime is my favorite part.

The Voyage at Holiday World is my favorite coaster I've ever been on - smooth and flying! The Delirium is my favorite ride, though when I first saw it, I almost chickened out, it looked so fierce, and I don't generally scare.

Way looking forward to Mega Amusement!

Welcome to KIC! I think you'll like Mystic Timbers, and Banshee is a great replacement for Son of Beast. I had a chance to go to Haunt 2012 and see some of the demolition of Son of Beast and even got some pictures of it, at the time it was quite sad but Banshee is a personal favorite of mine, and I think you'll like it a lot. Mystic Timber has a cool theme and is great ob airtime so that should be fun too. Have a great trip! 

^ They're showing as links that quote, yes. When you paste a forum link into the forum, it expands into a preview by default. To insert a forum link as a normal link instead, you can click "Display as link instead". Were the post preview links in my post not working for you?
I removed the extra posts from when you were trying to get the quote and edit buttons to work. Looks like you have it figured out now!

Thanks for the cleanup! Yes, there was nothing visible to me where the links were. Now I know what the embed bit was for; unfortunately, it didn't work for me (in Tapatalk). Now I'm wondering if just taking out the 'embed' would have made the link appear, but I'm reluctant to make more messes. ;)

- Ever Curious

Welcome to KIC! I think you'll like Mystic Timbers, and Banshee is a great replacement for Son of Beast. I had a chance to go to Haunt 2012 and see some of the demolition of Son of Beast and even got some pictures of it, at the time it was quite sad but Banshee is a personal favorite of mine, and I think you'll like it a lot. Mystic Timber has a cool theme and is great on airtime so that should be fun too. Have a great trip! 

Thanks! I'm realizing there's excellent things new to me and all but one my old favorites. I haven't been on Diamondback, either, or I would have known that it's the one with the splashdown. Goodness, it's been a while! Looking forward to Diamondback, too, and curious about Windchaser.

WindSeeker? If you are ok with heights it is a great ride. Especially for views of the park and surrounding areas. Also, if you see it up ride it. If the wind gets up to high the ride will stop operations until it the wind has died down.

What part of Indiana are you from? Obviously I am from Indianapolis.

Welcome to KIC! 

10 hours ago, ann.jms.harlan said:

Thanks for the cleanup! Yes, there was nothing visible to me where the links were. Now I know what the embed bit was for; unfortunately, it didn't work for me (in Tapatalk). Now I'm wondering if just taking out the 'embed' would have made the link appear, but I'm reluctant to make more messes. ;)

- Ever Curious

Embedded social media posts and embedded forum posts do not show up on Tapatalk, nor does Tapatalk give any indication that it has stripped this stuff out. For that kind of stuff, you'll have to use the website (which is mobile-friendly) in a browser.

WindSeeker? If you are ok with heights it is a great ride. Especially for views of the park and surrounding areas. Also, if you see it up ride it. If the wind gets up to high the ride will stop operations until it the wind has died down.
What part of Indiana are you from? Obviously I am from Indianapolis.
Welcome to KIC! 

Putnam County Is WindSeeker basically a very high standard big swings ride (plus music, I read in another thread) or does it do more, like variable speed and angles? Do they try for more fear beyond the insane height?

• Like 1

^WindSeeker makes me feel as secure and safe as I think I could be at that height. It is really pretty gentle: the only fear factor is the height if you're scared of such things.

My only fear is getting stuck up there when I need to use the restroom, personally. But it has only very rarely ever been stopped and needed evac. 

• Like 2