Beast first 2 cars empty Sat July 8

Jeorby Nanpa

I took advantage of the late close on Sat, but to my disappointment, the line for Beast was exceptionally slow.  Then I noticed that the first one or two cars of *every* train were empty.  Of course nobody knows, it's a mystery :) but maybe someone here has some information.

I can't imagine why the first few cars of every train would left empty.  I ended up leaving... didn't want to spend the last 70 minutes waiting for a line that should have been 30.

Any info on the closure?  Are they still loading the trains like this?  Why can't Beast stay operational past 10PM?  It broke twice on 7/4 as well.

I'm going to assume the ride operators can't' spoil any information, but if I had to guess, maintenance closed off the rows or something, 12 riders per train is going to be slow but if it's for your own personal safety or maintenance closed the rows for some other reason I wouldn't complain.

That's actually a really odd scenario. My guess is that they were having an issue with the circuit that locks and unlocks those lap bars. (There are different circuits for every so many cars to trigger up and down bars) Since it was every train it would have to be something related to that.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rhyano said:

if it's for your own personal safety or maintenance closed the rows for some other reason I wouldn't complain.

Actually the opposite.  I've had the misfortune of standing in line through three breakdowns in the last two visits. I wouldn't ride in a car that reliable, but also my mechanic would diagnose and share the issue.  Thanks!  I'll keep listening...

4 hours ago, Jeorby Nanpa said:

Why can't Beast stay operational past 10PM?

Part of Beast's track is very close to the fireworks launch site. For safety reasons, The Beast has to suspend operations in time to unload all trains before the fireworks start, and then must wait on a track inspection after the fireworks to check for track damage from falling embers before resuming operation. The shutdown typically lasts about 25 to 30 minutes (9:45pm to about 5 minutes after the end of the fireworks), though if there is a concern requiring a closer look at the track, that can be delayed further. On nights with a 10pm close, anyone in line by that time will get to ride. For midnight closes, Beast will reopen following the shutdown and operate through closing time.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jeorby Nanpa said:

Actually the opposite.  I've had the misfortune of standing in line through three breakdowns in the last two visits. I wouldn't ride in a car that reliable, but also my mechanic would diagnose and share the issue.  Thanks!  I'll keep listening...

Ride mechanics are not allowed to say why a ride is down, same with operators.

• Like 2

My guess would be that it was some sort of mechanical issue with the lap bars.  Unless there are reports that the front car is closed off on other days, I would imagine that would confirm that theory.  Closing off the front car of any coaster is going to be very unpopular, so I'm sure they would avoid it otherwise.  

And I've been of the opinion for years that they need to move the fireworks launch spot.  Having them in a place which closes the most popular night ride in the park is just silly.  Move it over near Firehawk or Banshee.

A different issue arises if they move the launch zone to either of those locations.  Both would effectively strip guests the opportunity to take a picture with the Royal Fountains, Eiffel Tower, and Fireworks in the background capping off the end to their "Best Day Ever" with the current location, it is nothing more than a temporary delay.

• Like 1

I think it is regarding the balance issue and the maintenance issue. Becuase if I am the owner of the rides I will not let the rides be occupied all the time because it has a higher possibility that it will break often.  I will choose the people to wait for more than 1 hour than to have my rides broken all the time.