July 11th

Xdog42

So I decided to take the risk of going to KI on the 11th (the forecast was practically t-storms for most of the day) and it was Literally my best day at Kings Island. It started Raining heavy at 4:00 pm and practically all the rides closed (I think FoF was still open tho, which we did get 2 rides on with a 15 min wait before the heavy rain) but  at 4:50 pm the rain started calming down and D-back open up again (by this time most people have left) and practically every ride at the park was a station wait. So me and my bud decided to go front row on Diamondback and the experience was crazy, It was still raining lightly when we got on and this lead to this crazy feeling of like small needles hitting are face's which were the raindrops that were colliding into us at 80 mph. I don't why but this feeling changes the ride experience so much, It made it 10x more fun than it usually is. It's almost like another element was added to the coaster! After riding it, more people realized that the rides were opening back up, but all the rides were still practically a station wait. By this time the rain stopped and we decide to go on Diamondback again and ride back row. After this, All the ride's were practically back up again so we decide to go back row on Mystic Timbers, which was pretty fun as usual. After that we attempted to go front row but by then they started to assign seats again so we got in the middle. After that we decide to go to Banshee and we picked the front seat (which I think is my favorite place sit on it now). In all, I think I can say we got 5 rides in  25-30 mins. While it was likely my shortest visit to the park (we got there at like 1:00 pm and left at about 5:30) It was the best visit I have had to date and I will definitely not forget that ride on Diamondback. 

• Like 3

On 7/13/2017 at 8:24 AM, VortexBFForever said:

Just a day prior, on July 10, I got to test ride Shake, Rattle & Roll in a small thunderstorm. I got so wet but it was so much fun!!

Thats how I feel! No matter the weather at Kings Island it never seems to bother me.