Question about drinks and/or all inclusive

goredbirds

Hi all -

First time visitor planning a trip next month with my wife and daughter. Debating on whether or not it makes sense for us to all buy the all inclusive passes to get all the food and beverages being covered. We all will only drink water, so are the souvenir cups necessary? In other words, is water free or does it cost? Could we get just one souvenir cup and all share?

I guess a related food question - is the $30 for the all day dining really worth it if we're just going to eat probably two meals (lunch and dinner)?

Unrelated - if I pre-purchase tickets/parking, etc....where will I get my actual tickets or wristbands for Fast Lane or whatever? At the gate? Will I need to print something off?

Welcome to KIC!

There are non soda options at 95% if not more of the beverage locations and dining locations. Water is available at most locations as well. Water is free, though smaller cups if you don't have a souvenir cup or the drink plan. You can get one souvenir cup and share. 

I always promote the dining plans based on cost....the all day dining pass which is roughly $30 will work and be cheaper for you as some meals are $15+....I believe the all day dining plan also allows you to eat ever 90 minutes or so, so if you get hungry definitely take part of it. You've already paid for it at that point :)

I'm a big supporter of printing all of the documents you receive after purchasing items online...that way there is no confusion if something doesn't work right. You will need something to show that you've purchased parking or you'll pay at the tolls and have to get a refund. If you get the Fast Lane, once you enter the turnstiles, you'll turn left and go to the station for Fast Lane...there you'll redeem your ticket for them (another good reason to have everything printed).

Hope this helps!

• Like 1

You'll be able to print off a page that looks like this. It will have a QR code at the top that will work for everything. Scan to get into the parking lot, scan to get in the gates, scan at any food place to get the all day dining wristband and drink cup and probably scan at the fastlane booth or any other FL purchase point in the park.

3a43bfc15924dfee23bccf24f87c4349.png

• Like 1

To figure out whether the all-inclusive ticket makes sense for you, it might be helpful to compare the cost of the tickets with the cost of everything you would buy separately.

Currently, parking at the gate is $20 for a standard vehicle, Fast Lane Plus costs $68-90 per person depending on the date of your visit, a single-day FunPix card (for digital photos from rides and park photographers) costs ~$30, and souvenir bottle costs vary based on how many are purchased. Individual meals in the park are ~$12-15 depending on the location and what you get, or (as Chris mentioned) the All Day Dining Plan wristband is $30 on its own.

With the souvenir bottles, be aware that there is no place to leave them while riding Banshee, Firehawk or Mystic Timbers. They would need to be placed in a locker or remain with a non-rider. Small cups (7oz or 5oz) of water are free and available at most food locations (but not drink refill stations).

I hope you enjoy your visit next month!

• Like 1

Thanks, all. Very much appreciated, @chugh43, @malem, and @harveyhaddixfan.

Sounds like my best bet is to maybe buy 1 all inclusive pass to get the souvenir cup and photo pass, and then do regular tickets, Fast Lane plus, and dining plans for the other two people. It works out to be slightly cheaper that way. Paying for 3 all inclusive when we only need one parking pass seems unnecessary. 

Does Fast Lane plus ever sell out? I am a little nervous to drop $500+ a few weeks out, knowing that we're traveling and could be impacted by weather. Is it safe to wait to buy all of this stuff until a couple days before? Or - does the price go up closer to the date?

18 minutes ago, goredbirds said:

Thanks, all. Very much appreciated, @chugh43, @malem, and @harveyhaddixfan.

Sounds like my best bet is to maybe buy 1 all inclusive pass to get the souvenir cup and photo pass, and then do regular tickets, Fast Lane plus, and dining plans for the other two people. It works out to be slightly cheaper that way. Paying for 3 all inclusive when we only need one parking pass seems unnecessary. 

Does Fast Lane plus ever sell out? I am a little nervous to drop $500+ a few weeks out, knowing that we're traveling and could be impacted by weather. Is it safe to wait to buy all of this stuff until a couple days before? Or - does the price go up closer to the date?

I have seen one day this year that I thought it would, but it never did that I know of.

As for the prices, the only one that changes is the cost of Fast Lane (regular and plus).  On the prime time (weekends usually), it is the max of 75 and 90 dollars respectively.

• Like 2