Ultimate Stunt Show Coming to Kings Island

BoddaH1994

July 31 - Aug 20

The Ultimate Stunt Show is coming to Kings Island for the first time this summer. The Royal Fountain and International Street - just beyond the park entrance - will be transformed into the setting for the show. With edge-of-your-seat thrills including a Motorcycle High Wire over the fountain, the Globe of Fear, Wheel of Destiny and a Human Cannon Ball, the show will thrill and amaze guests of all ages.

The show will perform three times daily from July 31 through August 20. Show times are 1:00 p.m., 3:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. 

http://bit.ly/2vayJjp

• Like 8

I can not wait for this show! My only question is: will I be happy seeing only one showing each day I visit the park or am I going to need to exchange my 5:00 Origins shows for USS?

Considering I still get anxious during Origins' Rola Bola act even though I have seen it over 40 times, I may find one show of USS a day is all my nerves can take!

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, The Bat at night said:

Great news!

I hope this replaces the dog show!

Kings Island needs to think about building a bigger venue for the Cirque show. In my opinion, this is the greatest thing Kings Island has to offer!

It will not replace "Amazing Dobermans."  This show will have a temporary run and will be on International Street.

9 hours ago, The Bat at night said:

Sorry to hear that!

That dog show is a joke!

I'm not a fan of the dog show either, but you get to have both the dog show and the stunt show none the less. The sum of the two does not need to equal zero.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, flightoffear1996 said:

I am excited for the stunt show.  I really liked the dog show last year but the Amazing Doberman's is bad.  What could be cool is maybe a "Guest have talent show".  The park could pick staff members that are in the stands.  

I like this idea.  They actually sued to do Karaoke on the Bandstand about 10 years ago.  They used to have an audition process for the American Idol show at Hollywood Studios too, which is similar in concept.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BoddaH1994 said:

I like this idea.  They actually sued to do Karaoke on the Bandstand about 10 years ago.  They used to have an audition process for the American Idol show at Hollywood Studios too, which is similar in concept.

It wasn't so much of an audition as it was signing up, much like the Jedi stuff they do in front of Star Tours. Typically, the park would open up about 25-30 singing slots for the day.  There was a short audition inside the theater once the slots were filled, but trust me when I say you only had to be a halfway decent singer to pass.  The 'top' 10 would then perform inside the theater live in the late afternoon/evening, with the winner getting some sort of swag (T shirts, etc.).  The park did have Robbie Kneivel some years back jump over a lot of Coke trucks parked in the parking lot, in an homage to his dad, who jumped over a lot of school buses in the park in the 70s.  Also, the park has hosted Nick Wallenda to do a tightrope walk over I street from the IR to the ET.  All were fun to watch and happened about this time in the summer, so it's nice to see the park mix it up.  From what I saw of the dog show last week when I was there, I would have gonged it after about 10 seconds!

• 2 weeks later...

Fountains will likely be off during the shows themselves for the rest of its run.  

I liked the show.  I liked the energy it brought to I-Street.  I think the "wheel of destiny" (or wheel of death/wheels of steel as it is known everywhere else on Earth) is my favorite part.  I recommend it!

1 hour ago, CoasterKyle1121 said:

I saw the USS today. It was absolutely amazing! We were disappointed because we couldn't see the Amazing Dobermans, they don't show on Thursday's we discovered, but it looked neat. A lot of people here don't seem to care for it though. Any reason?

Trust me, the stunt show is much better than the dog show!

^^ I personally only watched the Dobermans show once, and have avoided watching it again.

It wasn't that I felt the animals were abused or anything, but they really didn't seem like they were actually enjoying themselves at /any/ point (unlike last year's show, where it was clear the dogs were having fun showing off).

When one of the dogs (a gorgeous grey Doberman) balked at doing a certain trick, his trainer spent really a fairly ridiculous amount of time trying to get him to do it. It definitely felt like it was much more important to her that he submit and do what he was told, than respect that he wasn't feeling it, or even to put on an entertaining show (because by the time she finally let it go, I feel like the whole audience was either bored or uncomfortable).

I was also uncomfortable with a trick she had a tiny chihuahua do. She made a big deal about him being the only dog in the world who can do a handstand on one paw. And yes, he can, she posed him and held him up. But it didn't look to me to be either comfortable or safe to do repeatedly. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Magenta Lizard said:

^^ I personally only watched the Dobermans show once, and have avoided watching it again.

It wasn't that I felt the animals were abused or anything, but they really didn't seem like they were actually enjoying themselves at /any/ point (unlike last year's show, where it was clear the dogs were having fun showing off).

When one of the dogs (a gorgeous grey Doberman) balked at doing a certain trick, his trainer spent really a fairly ridiculous amount of time trying to get him to do it. It definitely felt like it was much more important to her that he submit and do what he was told, than respect that he wasn't feeling it, or even to put on an entertaining show (because by the time she finally let it go, I feel like the whole audience was either bored or uncomfortable).

I was also uncomfortable with a trick she had a tiny chihuahua do. She made a big deal about him being the only dog in the world who can do a handstand on one paw. And yes, he can, she posed him and held him up. But it didn't look to me to be either comfortable or safe to do repeatedly. 

Yep, I highly doubt that I was at the same show as you, but the Doberman did the same thing. We kept waiting and waiting until the dog finally did it.

Look, I'm not one of those animal rights activist that are against dog shows, I just find the show slow and boring.

• 2 weeks later...