What could 2018 bring KI

Maverick44

Hoping for a new dark ride to go into the eyesore Crypt building, and or Boo Blasters although if I had my way, I'd put a Peanuts dark ride in Boo Blasters and a Phantom Theater type ride with similar story in Crypt. I think that even though I am a big fan of Boo Blasters mainly because of my love of Scooby, it has run its course however Boo looks very good this year with most props working all 4 times I have been on it this year. I hope it's used for Winterfest as it would be a great addition to the Winterfest lineup although Boo isn't that Christmas related. I hope for an announcement soon and if Boo has to be closed for Winterfest for future improvements, I'm fine with that too. I miss Phantom Theater as well and liked riding it as a kid so seeing a new version in Crypt would work well and be awesome! That's my guess, although I predict 1 dark ride most likely triotech but you never know! I doubt the other two will happen but a new Triotech could be cool as well. MaestroJr

• Like 7

I love to see KI get a Wild Mouse and put it in the Crypt building. Theme it out like Exterminator at Kennywood so we would also get the dark ride experience as well. That would be amazing!!! Honestly though I think we will get a couple flats, which I think would be great. Another thing I think that is sorely needed is another Splash Landing in Soak City. It very sub-par compared to a lot of other parks. Holiday has 2 that are amazing. Cedar Fair has a perfectly good one sitting at Geauga Lakes Wildwater Kingdom. That would be a cheap but effective investment for Soak City. I'm wondering if Cedar Fair is just gonna scrap? I hope not.

IMG_1109.PNG

• Like 5

The park should start leveling out and expanding into the Dinosaurs Alive area if they are done with X-Base. Or possibly an extension of it. But that's a long term plan that would likely see lots of budget changes unless they are willing to drop some serious money to pull it off. But with how crowded the park has been getting, it might be time to spread the park out some more.

Other than that we definitely need some more flat rides, but some that get good capacity and are unique. Delirium was a great example of this. 

• Like 2

Honestly, I feel like some minor improvements here and there will be in place (HOPEFULLY THEY FOCUS ON THE FOOD SERVICE AND QUALITY OF THE FOOD cause let's be honest, it's going downhill pretty fast).

If they end up adding something I feel like they will add some flats hopefully in Coney, or remove the ladder game and put a throwback flat or something in it's place

Then again i could just see them saving capital and now getting anything and saving for the giga (trust me it is coming)

• Like 3

New flats in Coney Mall and or Oktoberfest would be my personal guess, I can also see a dark ride going in the old TR:TR building within the next few years, also as Drummermattk said, I really think they need to step up food service, I think we will see a new restaurant open somewhere throughout the park. 

• Like 3

One thing, I think, that KI is lacking are rides that the entire family can ride together.  While visiting the past Friday night, I realized that the only rides that could be ridden together as a family were Boo Blasters, White Water Canyon, and the train (if you count the train as a "ride").  However, if you're not in the mood to get soaked, then that immediately eliminates White Water Canyon.  All the coasters are out because there might be someone too old or too young to ride, or they just don't like coasters at all.  I know my mom won't get on any coaster, not even the smallest one in the park.  Most the flat rides spin, so anyone in the family who gets motion sick (including people like me) would not be able to ride any of those.  So what is left? Boo Blasters.  Wow, what a "high-quality" family ride...yippee!  What I'd like to see are more rides that could be ridden altogether as a family.  This would, of course, include more dark rides - or at least one more.  Not sure what other types of rides this would include, but if you think about it, most the rides at KI would require family members of different ages and interests to split up.  I'd like to see some new rides installed to fix this problem.

• Like 8

I don't think that Kings Island will add anything to the park that will cost them to much money after getting mystic timbers, as much as I want a triotech dark ride in the old Tomb Raider building, I do however think that the park will add a new restaurant like rhyano said. That or a Mass Effect ride or a Plants vs. Zombies ride in the old action theater location.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, King Ding Dong said:

Taking a year off from adding rides and focusing on food service would be my choice.  

I honestly haven't had a problem with food service but if they just focused on food section in terms of quality (Like the quality at the smokehouse) they would make a lot of people happy. Then maybe focus on the service as people mention.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, SonofBaconator said:

Rather than a Wild Mouse, I would prefer a Mystery Mine type ride that goes in and out of the Crypt building.

Great idea for an indoor coaster, just expand the building (though that's expensive I'm sure) though it would be cool to see an indoor Euro Fighter with a higher capacity.

• Like 4

I'd agree they do need more family rides, however there are a lot more than just 3.

48"

Adventure Express
Backlot Stunt Coaster
Dodgem
Zephyr

46" 

Congo Falls
White Water Canyon

42" Shake, Rattle & Roll

40" Viking Fury

36" Scrambler

No Height Requirements

Boo Blaster (no minimum height requirement)
Eiffel Tower (no minimum height requirement)
K.I. & Miami Valley Railroad (no minimum height requirement)
Monster (no minimum height requirement)

This is without going into Planet Snoopy.

Unfortunately most rides that will be higher in capacity and marketable are going to be a higher height limit. It's just the way things are these days with safety standards.

• Like 3

^I said 3 that were non-coaster, non-spinning flat.  I've got family members that won't go on any type of coaster no matter how small or anything with a drop.  This would include Adventure Express and even Congo Falls.  Also, I tend to get motion sickness on anything that spins, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.  That would rule out flats such as Scrambler, Monster, and similar others.  That being said, I did forget about a couple.  So basically the attractions that are non-coaster and non-spinning that could potentially accommodate the whole family would be Boo Blasters, White Water Canyon, K.I. & Miami Valley Railroad, Eiffel Tower, and maybe the Carousel.  Dodgems would be fine too I suppose.  That still doesn't leave a whole lot of attractions that would accommodate lots of different family members.

• Like 5