What could 2018 bring KI

Maverick44

14 minutes ago, Mystic.Timber1 said:

I think 2018 might see a touch up on Coney mall, new games, flats, themeing etc. 

I've always felt coney mall lacked..something, a whole redo would do it some justice

Only thing with this is they already re did the whole area when WindSeeker was installed. I mean I am all for it but I think a new addition of a flat and other things in the x-base area would be cool. There needs to be other things down that way other then those 2 coaster. It would be cool to have that area expand all the way around Dino world and meeting up with a new midway by the old action theater. This also expands areas for the future.

** Would be neat to see a HUSS Topple Tower. I've never seen those anywhere! That and KI needs a good ol' Farris Wheel**

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Imperial79 said:

Those are some nice ideas,  but wouldn't they have to move some of the storage buildings (if that's what they are by Dino's Alive)?  That would look like a big expansion from the Google Maps view.

Yeah I see that now. I would honestly shrink Dino alive by half the size. That's a huge attraction that really doesn't need that much space. no other park has a Dino alive that bit. If they do that then connect a midway back to the back side of WindSeeker. Add a ferris wheel or a topple tower and some restaurants and shops. They can really have a whole new section of the park. Plus how cool would it be to have a coaster swing all the way out to the Miami River and rung along the banks. I'd die of that happens someday! 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, BoddaH1994 said:

In recent years they had the characters covered in burlap near the Madam Fatale's maze.

Ahh that sucks! I really wish they could convert the old crypt building into a new Phantom ride! They could do so much with that place. I rode Haunted Mansion at Disney. That was awesome.

• Like 2

Yeah, That's also a really pretty green space. I wanna see them build up behind x-base. Shrink Dino alive and go back around that way with a new midway and meet up with WindSeeker area. That bring action theater back into play. Or from x-base to the left with a midway meeting Action Zone near old SOB station. So much room to play with at KI. I know it won't happen but I'd love to have a coaster running down near the little Miami river. through the woods. Heck maybe go over the water!

• Like 2

To be honest, we would all like to see X-Base X-panded but in all reality, its just not in the cards right now. There isn't as much space as there is in other parts of the park. Maybe I'll be proven wrong but I don't see them really leveling a lot of buildings in X-Base or Dinosaurs Alive when there's already a lot of free space.

• Like 2

Yeah, I just have no idea why Dino alive is so big. It has to be the biggest one of all the chains. I wish they could shrink it. They could always leave the buildings and just go around. Idk. KI has a lot of space but I hope the use it wisely and don't waste it.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Maverick44 said:

Ahh that sucks! I really wish they could convert the old crypt building into a new Phantom ride! They could do so much with that place. I rode Haunted Mansion at Disney. That was awesome.

They no longer using the characters at all for Haunt, not even in burlap as they are in quite unpresentable condition. However in The Beast queue there is a barrel from Phantom and in both Slaughterhouse and Cavern of Terror (old Crypt building) several Phantom Theater props are used. I've taken a few photos of them the past few years during Haunt but besides that, the rest are either destroyed or in storage. I'm hoping for a Phantom Theater 2 in old Crypt building as well as I've ridden Haunted Mansion at WDW as well as Phantom Theater as a kid and hope to see a return and are both excellent, spooky dark rides. MaestroJr

• Like 5

17 hours ago, SonofBaconator said:

Winterfest, a flat, or something else? I've noticed it before on here and at the park but this is the first time I've seen the plants. 

IMG_20170725_182246.jpg

I'm guessing maybe where a Christmas Tree will go? It looks too small for a flat.

Also, does anyone remember when Cedar Fair went picking old rides in Europe for Carowinds and WOF, and they said in the article the people would soon be embarking on a trip to Asia to do the same thing. Anyone know if that's still happening? I'd love for them to find some vintage rides to give to Kings Island.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Maverick44 said:

Ohhh I wonder if we can get a Tilt Tower. How fun!

If you're talking about a tumble tower, I think HUSS is pretty much done atm as far as a company goes. I think they did get bought out but are still restructuring. There whole large capacity flat rides have all been riddled with problems and I don't think you've even been able to buy them now for a few years.

• Like 2

Anyone remember the Tourbillon from ABC Rides? If we get a new flat I'd love to see that, something unique and very fun looking... The best thing to me would be to get that kind of ride and then a couple of old time family flats to give Coney Mall a more vintage look. Some ideas:    Thoughts?

Antique Cars (Don't think it would fit though)

Tilt-O-Whirl

Musik Express

Teacups

Ferris Wheel

Enterprise (Not family oriented, but still great rides) 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheRickster said:

If you're talking about a tumble tower, I think HUSS is pretty much done atm as far as a company goes. I think they did get bought out but are still restructuring. There whole large capacity flat rides have all been riddled with problems and I don't think you've even been able to buy them now for a few years.

Topple Tower. Huss still has an active website.

• Like 1

I would think that if there was going to be something major, you'd at least see flags or areas being soil tested. Also the past few years an announcement has come in mid-august so if something is going to happen I'd look to mid-august at a minimum. There is no guarantee.... just a hunch.

• Like 2

I'm guessing maybe where a Christmas Tree will go? It looks too small for a flat.
Also, does anyone remember when Cedar Fair went picking old rides in Europe for Carowinds and WOF, and they said in the article the people would soon be embarking on a trip to Asia to do the same thing. Anyone know if that's still happening? I'd love for them to find some vintage rides to give to Kings Island.

It was announced at Coasterstock that this will be a large Christmas Tree. There will be another one where the old tram turn around was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1