What could 2018 bring KI

Maverick44

That Screamscape rumor seems to be an attempt to explain what is going on with Tower Gardens. Interesting if true, but I'd still lean toward it being either general maintenance, Haunt, or most likely Winterfest related

That's what I was thinking too. Was at the park Wednesday and notice ground conduits being installed in Tower Gardens.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, THE_BEASTmaster said:

According to this Screamscape rumor, it looks like the Antique Cars might return next year. I guess we'll find out later this summer.

http://www.screamscape.com/html/kings_island.htm

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

This is just me thinking, but I don't see why they couldn't remove one of the car rides from Cedar Point and relocate to Kings Island. It would free up space for CP to utilize and would give KI another ride that the whole family can do and has been sorely missed since BL:SC came along.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, kirbias1 said:

They'll probably relocate the antique cars from CP to KI to free up more space for CP to build another coaster. LOL

I wouldn't be mad at that haha. Ki gets the cars back and CP gets a coaster. Only thing is I don't think there is enough room for a coaster in either spot the cars are located in at CP. There could be a flat or some sort but CP has almost all the good ones that I know of. I'd like to see a Topple Tower at CP but someone said HUSS is in bad shape.

• Like 1

I like the idea of bringing the cars back to KI. What kinda park needs 2 of them haha. CP can surely part with 1. I would like to see it where it use to be or close to it. Where could they put a track layout closer to Intl street? Maybe remove that show's pavilion near diamond back?

• Like 3

I can't see us getting anything major next year.

Would LOVE a new flat ride though.  Like maybe a larger Screamin' Swing than Skyhawk.  We really need a new flat ride. 

Need better food options.  Currently, our food options suck at the park.  Skyline and La Rosas are the only good restaurants I've had at the park.  Besides those two, KI has the worst amusement park food I've ever had. 

Bring back signs for Action Zone and Coney Mall.  

More merchandise.  We have some great merch for Banshee, MT, DB, and Beast.   Those aren't the only great rides at the park though.  It would be cool if KI brought some vintage Vortex shirts and maybe even shirts for FoF.

Can't see it happening but new Vekoma restraints on Invertigo.  

Take out cubby holes on all rides.  Unless you're carrying around a bag, buy a go belt.  They are not noticeable like fanny packs.  I hide mine under my shirt so it doesn't look stupid.  I put my phone in there.

Better haunts.  I went for the first time last year to Haunt.  Pretty awful.  

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

I would love to see them bring back the antique cars.  I was at the park last night and it doesn't look like they have removed anything from Tower Gardens yet but that space could be better utilized than it is now.  The good thing about that location for the antiques is that it would a good family attraction plus close to some of the other family attractions like the carrousel and Dodgems.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, patrickbateman said:

I can't see us getting anything major next year.

Would LOVE a new flat ride though.  Like maybe a larger Screamin' Swing than Skyhawk.  We really need a new flat ride. 

Need better food options.  Currently, our food options suck at the park.  Skyline and La Rosas are the only good restaurants I've had at the park.  Besides those two, KI has the worst amusement park food I've ever had. 

Bring back signs for Action Zone and Coney Mall.  

More merchandise.  We have some great merch for Banshee, MT, DB, and Beast.   Those aren't the only great rides at the park though.  It would be cool if KI brought some vintage Vortex shirts and maybe even shirts for FoF.

Can't see it happening but new Vekoma restraints on Invertigo.  

Take out cubby holes on all rides.  Unless you're carrying around a bag, buy a go belt.  They are not noticeable like fanny packs.  I hide mine under my shirt so it doesn't look stupid.  I put my phone in there.

Better haunts.  I went for the first time last year to Haunt.  Pretty awful.  

Most of what you're asking for will only benefit a select group of people. Those cubby holes are great for people who don't want to buy a locker or have someone hold their stuff. My mom wears a fanny pack when she comes to the park and I don't think she looks stupid, nor do the hundreds of other guests who wear them on a day to day basis.

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, kirbias1 said:

I think KI needs a thrilling flat ride. I'd rather see that than the return of the antique cars. 

Maybe we can a package like what Canada's Wonderland got in 2016 with Skyhawk (Skyroller) and then the Flying Scooters as a nice family compliment. We could get a Skyroller ride or a Soaring Timbers ride to go with the Antique Cars (If we're lucky). I know how Canada's Wonderland has all the unique rides but I just feel like Cedar Fair's going to figure out which one they prefer out of those two rides and make more of them while keeping the other unique to CW. I'd actually prefer the Soaring Timbers to the Skyroller, but they'd both be great additions to our lacking flat ride lineup. It could go in Flight Commander's spot while the Antique Cars take Tower Gardens. That'd be an awesome Expansion!

• Like 3

I'd also love for the antique cars to return but I hope that wouldn't be the only addition. I can't imagine it would cost that much to install especially considering MT only cost around $10M from the estimates we heard.

I miss the old Nickelodeon slime zone or whatever it was called and would love to see something similar added. I used to love playing there as a kid and now that I'm grown up it would be something fun for the kids to do on a hot summer day while the adults sit and relax for a bit. 

Other attractions I would like to see added are:

A new indoor restaurant with a lot of seating- outside of the festhaus and Montgomery inn there really isn't anywhere to eat and cool off for a bit and these places become extremely crowded.

Tilt-A-Whirl- probably my favorite carnival ride of all time, love the lateral g's and the feeling when ur car goes crazy for a few seconds.

New show in the kiddie land ampitheater- instead of Parkys Farm I'd love for there to be an interactive show for the kids. After going to Dollywood a few weeks ago I realize how few shows we have and they can be just as fun as rides. Origins is awesome but the karaoke and dog shows are tired imo.

Reinvention of the carnival games- 

Most of these games have been around forever and are quite stale. With so much new technology I'm sure they can come up with some better stuff than swinging a hammer, picking a duck out of a pond and throwing darts at balloons. Give me some candy crush, guess-who or trivia games.

Finally, my pipe dream would be that we add an intense roller coaster. I know this isn't happening next year due to MT being new but I really hope our next roller coaster is one that is intimidating. After riding Lightning Rod, Valravn and TTD this summer I came to a realization that Kings Island doesn't have that one ride that scares me no matter how many times I ride it. The Beast would be the only thing close but it's so old and has been extremely rough (for me) in recent years. I've wanted a giga for as long as anyone but I'd put it off to have a ride like Lightning Rod 20 minutes from home. Hopefully Kings Island will knock both of these wishes off my list with their next coaster installment :)

• Like 6

I could see antique cars making a return and tower gardens makes sense.  Except the area on its own is too small.  It would have to expand into adjacent areas.  It would not be difficult to wrap around the Carousel.  Having a ramp up to a covered bridge over one of the paths to prevent the Carousel from becoming a dead end.  The station would likely not be in the gardens and instead over by the dining patio.  It would not surprise me to see the dining patio closed or used by the attraction.  There are currently 3 paths leading to the Carousel, I would build the covered bridge over the path next to the store, and close the path leading towards the floral clock.  Gives the ride plenty of room to work with and all we would lose is a little used path and the dining patio.

This could be done in time for Winterfest and would be able to run during Winterfest.

I doubt we will see any cars moved from Cedar Point.  The cars are pretty reasonable in cost and would not free up much space at the park.

This actually sounds very reasonable and likely.

• Like 5

I'd be happy if the parking lot was paved.... it is starting to feel like a terrible flee market parking lot.... the lines are faded, spots are ill marked... people drive like morons.... the whole thing needs to be reworked and relined and repaved

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 9

It's not like the park would not want to pave the parking lot.  The parking lot is massive and it would cost around 7 or 8 million dollars to repave the entire lot.  Considering Mystic Timbers was likely around $10 million, I think the park is better off putting in a coaster instead.

• Like 3