What could 2018 bring KI

Maverick44

On 2017-07-29 at 4:06 PM, abrunerboy said:

Maybe we can a package like what Canada's Wonderland got in 2016 with Skyhawk (Skyroller) and then the Flying Scooters as a nice family compliment. We could get a Skyroller ride or a Soaring Timbers ride to go with the Antique Cars (If we're lucky). I know how Canada's Wonderland has all the unique rides but I just feel like Cedar Fair's going to figure out which one they prefer out of those two rides and make more of them while keeping the other unique to CW. I'd actually prefer the Soaring Timbers to the Skyroller, but they'd both be great additions to our lacking flat ride lineup. It could go in Flight Commander's spot while the Antique Cars take Tower Gardens. That'd be an awesome Expansion!

Skyhawk (CW), while well liked by yours truly, seems to be a bit of a let down for many riders... This seems to stem from the ride being tamer than expected due to the riders being unable execute a flip because they're moving the wings way to fast... So what most people get is basically WindSeeker at 1/3 the height, with a bit of back and forth rocking of the seat...

And Soaring Timbers is running a neck-and-neck race for which is worse: The ride cycle or the restraints... The ride cycle is boring and bears no resemblance to the videos of similar rides you can see online... And being a former touring model, and needing to be able to fit on a flat bead and get trucked around, the seats are crammed so close together that you can feel the pulse through the shoulder of the person next to you... You can't even do up your belt because you can't reach it as your arms are jammed into the elbows of your fellow riders and vice-versa, so you get to have one of the operators climb over the people on the outer edges to get to the people in the middle, adding to the lengthy dispatch times...

KI deserves better... (So does CWonderland but that's a different hill of beans)...

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

How would they theme those in x-base? I feel like x-base is an "extreme" area of the park. What about back where flight commander was? In Coney Mall? 

Does it really need to be that themed?

Trees, a small pond with a fountain, maybe a bridge over the water?

• Like 3

^^ That sounds nice. Just not sure it goes with the overall area over there IMO. I'd love to have them back in Coney Mall. I feel the old time look goes well with the area. Also if needed they can shrink the size of Dino Alive. I am not sure why but KI's is the biggest I have seen. I have no idea if the attraction is popular anymore.

• Like 2

On 7/31/2017 at 11:23 AM, Kenban said:

I could see antique cars making a return and tower gardens makes sense.  Except the area on its own is too small.  It would have to expand into adjacent areas.  It would not be difficult to wrap around the Carousel.  Having a ramp up to a covered bridge over one of the paths to prevent the Carousel from becoming a dead end.  The station would likely not be in the gardens and instead over by the dining patio.  It would not surprise me to see the dining patio closed or used by the attraction.  There are currently 3 paths leading to the Carousel, I would build the covered bridge over the path next to the store, and close the path leading towards the floral clock.  Gives the ride plenty of room to work with and all we would lose is a little used path and the dining patio.

This could be done in time for Winterfest and would be able to run during Winterfest.

I doubt we will see any cars moved from Cedar Point.  The cars are pretty reasonable in cost and would not free up much space at the park.

This actually sounds very reasonable and likely.

If you look at a map of what they did up at Valley Fair w/ their car addition, I think you could fit that into the Tower Garden areas.  The car ride at Valley Fair sits on a rectangular plot of land, while Tower Garden's is more of a rectangular space, its shorter in width, but longer in height if that makes sense, in total square footage, it appears to be roughly equal, which would just require an altered layout, but I think they could make it work.  The 'Tique ride at Valley fair takes a decent amount of time to get thru, not terribly long, but not short either, if they had to trim a little bit of length off it to make it fit, I still think it would be a good add.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Honorarius said:

Skyhawk (CW), while well liked by yours truly, seems to be a bit of a let down for many riders... This seems to stem from the ride being tamer than expected due to the riders being unable execute a flip because they're moving the wings way to fast... So what most people get is basically WindSeeker at 1/3 the height, with a bit of back and forth rocking of the seat...

And Soaring Timbers is running a neck-and-neck race for which is worse: The ride cycle or the restraints... The ride cycle is boring and bears no resemblance to the videos of similar rides you can see online... And being a former touring model, and needing to be able to fit on a flat bead and get trucked around, the seats are crammed so close together that you can feel the pulse through the shoulder of the person next to you... You can't even do up your belt because you can't reach it as your arms are jammed into the elbows of your fellow riders and vice-versa, so you get to have one of the operators climb over the people on the outer edges to get to the people in the middle, adding to the lengthy dispatch times...

KI deserves better... (So does CWonderland but that's a different hill of beans)...

Sucks to hear that... But based off of that I'd rather have Skyhawk out of those two but if you placed it in Flight Commander's spot near WindSeeker that wouldn't be good. Hopefully CF will just give us a brand new Top Scan instead like Knotts. Never ridden one but I hear how awesome those rides are!

• Like 2

I don't care if nothing is added but I want to see the theming of the current attractions to be fixed. I feel like there's a lot of lazy fixes but nothing really to make guests fall in love with the attractions again.

Sent from my LG-M150 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KatieF said:

I don't care if nothing is added but I want to see the theming of the current attractions to be fixed. I feel like there's a lot of lazy fixes but nothing really to make guests fall in love with the attractions again.

Sent from my LG-M150 using Tapatalk

Are there any specific attractions you had in mind?

• Like 1

I'd also like to see within the next couple years them retrack some of the coasters... I know it's very unlikely but I'd love to see them retrack FOF and get rid of the MCBR. (They don't need it right? Don't they only run 2 trains?). I also would love for The Beast's 40th anniversary in 2019 if they let GCI do a full retrack of the entire ride and get rid of all those trims. 

• Like 2

I'd rather see Racer get some love before The Beast. Rebel Yell at KD got tons of new track work last of season and I rode it July, it's running way better than Racer. Racer needs some love bad.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 7

I rode The Racer this season and noticed the blue side was a tad rougher than the red side, which is different than last season. I would love to see The Racer receive the Ghostrider treatment from GCI, but I don't know if the park would do that, considering we just got Mystic Timbers. But a retrack and a repaint are definitely due. Anything to keep our beautiful Philadelphia Toboggan woodie from falling the way of Hurler and Mean Streak.

As for the Antique Cars returning rumor, that would be a cool thing to see since  that was my favorite ride when I was little. But the beauty of the original Ohio Overland Auto Livery and Les Taxis was that they interacted with one another on their paths. I'm sure that they wouldn't add two because of capacity. If the park is planning a return of the ride then that is a good move for people who don't ride big rides. Plus, if they put it in the International Street section, they could revive the 'Les Taxis' name, as it would tie in with the Eiffel Tower and the European theming of International Street. We just got a new and improved playlist, so this could be the beginning of the re-internationalization of International Street. 

• Like 9

8 hours ago, Maverick44 said:

Ahhh, Did they fix it or remove it?

Edit - I see that they did before 2012. Dang!

Paramount/CF pretty much sued HUSS into oblivion over TR:TR, I also believe some other issues with Delirium but not as severe. Then HUSS merged with another company/were bought out and then Dollywoods court cases on tumble tower went through. I believe they are now with the 3rd new owner/merger.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Rivertown Rider said:

I think there a couple places that the Antiques could go.  The area where the Skyline Patio sits right now would probably be the easiest though.  You could even a take a small back part of Tower Gardens to lengthen the course.  They could always add additional tables in Coney Mall somewhere.

I was actually thinking to run it through Tower Gardens, tear out the path that runs from the Carousel to Coney Mall between Scrambler and the Games building, and tearing out the Skyline Patio.  That would allow you a decent amount of space.

• Like 5