What could 2018 bring KI

Maverick44

8 hours ago, teenageninja said:

If you are cancelling appointments for a potential announcement at your local amusement park, you might have an obsession.

Remember when a certain someone tried to reschedule their KI Rides interview so that they didn't miss the IJST announcement? XD

• Like 5

I know some people are confused of how they think they could bring back the antique cars, but I just wanted to add that there was confusion last year when we we're trying to figure out how Mystic Timbers would weave through the woods and now look at the result. Tower gardens will be a little challenging, but I'm sure it can be done.

• Like 2

With Don doing the Instagram live video from Dinosaurs Alive today, Dinos not being listed as a perk on the Season Pass perks, and the store having BOGO sales, I am convinced that Dinos is going away after this year.  I would expect them to announce in the next couple weeks that the Dinos are going extinct and to see them before they are gone.  

I think you might see a big Coney Mall expansion go back in the Dinos Alive area with Antiques, an Electro Spin, and then a couple smaller flats like a Music Express, and then a family ride like what Canada's Wonderland is getting with Flying Canoes or Tea Cups.  To cap it off I think they should try to find a way to connect that area with X-Base.  I would tend to put the more extreme rides like the Electro Spin on the side closer to X-Base.  If they put a ramped bridge connecting the area similar to the bridge that goes over the tunnels leading to The Bat, then maintenance could still easily to access the maintenance buildings.  They could also put bathrooms in the area for X-Base and the Coney expansion and maybe even a quick service restaurant.  While part of the area is rather hilly towards the back part of the park, the area toward X-Base where the T-Rex and Triceratops are more level which would be a good place to put the Antiques.

• Like 5

I would love to see Dino's go and bring in a big expansion to the Coney mall area. Most of Coney mall is taken up by games on the midways, so the only area to put more flat rides would be where Dino's is. I've had a gold pass for years and have never gone to see Dino's. Hopefully they do being a Coney mall expansion.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

With Don doing the Instagram live video from Dinosaurs Alive today, Dinos not being listed as a perk on the Season Pass perks, and the store having BOGO sales, I am convinced that Dinos is going away after this year.  I would expect them to announce in the next couple weeks that the Dinos are going extinct and to see them before they are gone.  
I think you might see a big Coney Mall expansion go back in the Dinos Alive area with Antiques, an Electro Spin, and then a couple smaller flats like a Music Express, and then a family ride like what Canada's Wonderland is getting with Flying Canoes or Tea Cups.  To cap it off I think they should try to find a way to connect that area with X-Base.  I would tend to put the more extreme rides like the Electro Spin on the side closer to X-Base.  If they put a ramped bridge connecting the area similar to the bridge that goes over the tunnels leading to The Bat, then maintenance could still easily to access the maintenance buildings.  They could also put bathrooms in the area for X-Base and the Coney expansion and maybe even a quick service restaurant.  While part of the area is rather hilly towards the back part of the park, the area toward X-Base where the T-Rex and Triceratops are more level which would be a good place to put the Antiques.

What was the live video that Don did on instagram?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

I went to the Dino area to kill time until the sun went down for night rides. After a full day of walking I thought it would be a nice break. I was wrong. It's a neat place. Definitely check it out if you have a gold pass. I wouldn't pay extra for it. It takes thirty to fifty minutes to walk through depending on the how fast you walk and how many times you stop to fiddle with the animatronics. Most didn't seem to work but the theming and larger dinosaurs are awesome.

The gift shop has some really cool stuff. 

This would be a great area for a car ride to go through. 

It also gives a different view of The Racer. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Rivertown Rider said:

Or it could have nothing to do with 2018 - which is almost more exciting to think about.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I personally would find great excitement even if they did nothing between 17 and 18 other than just go through and touch up the theming of the park as a whole. I'm going to be that old guy now that throws a hissy about the old days, but honestly, that's what I'm looking for. I've noticed since I had kids that when I take them places I remember getting such joy from as a child, that I want them to feel the same joy I felt as a child walking in. I often have trouble separating myself from them when it comes to this. When I walked under the international restaurant and into the expanse that is international street the other day, I felt a little bit of it, but not all of it. I miss that musical build. Quiet orchestral fanfare music as you walk up to the gates, followed by louder versions playing as you walk into the park. I miss walking through the park and physically feeling the feel of each different world. That feeling like you're passing between different places was awesome. It would be cool to feel that again, but I know Cedar Fairs isn't very big on theming, so I will not expect that. 

Then I also realize, my kids don't care or notice, they want to ride the rides. They have been asking me all week when we are going back. Disney World at the beginning of September is the next stop, but I have every intention of trying to get at least 1 or 2 more KI trips in this year, preferably better planned, since it was just my wife, the 2 kiddos, and me, and I didn't get all of my coasters in!! 

• Like 4

13 hours ago, silver2005 said:
13 hours ago, TheRickster said:

Clearly getting a Christmas themed coaster. IDK what you're talking about.

Cue Goble melt down in 3, 2, 1...

The ONLY park that could get away with that in my book would be Holiday World.

• Like 8

Overall: I honestly see them getting a new "big show" in the KI Theatre, a new dog show in the International Showplace,  updates around the park, clearing some land for expansion, final year for Dinos Alive, a new event/promo or two & maybe even a new attraction in the motion theater behind WindSeeker.

Haunt: A new maze & show?

Winterfest: Maybe more lights & shows?

• Like 3

I think the dog show this year was a huge downgrade from the one they had last year.  Our 4 year old really loves though shows even though we have to "push" him to watch them.  Once he sees them he always wants to go back.  As a person with a young family I would like to see some more rides the little ones can ride in the "big" areas of the park so If daddy wants to sneak a ride in on something its not a huge deal.  

• Like 2

On 8/15/2017 at 10:44 PM, TheRickster said:

Remember when a certain someone tried to reschedule their KI Rides interview so that they didn't miss the IJST announcement? XD

You aren't talking about me are you?  I was already working at the park when it was announced.

Clarified via private conversation.  Even funner now that I remember.

I'm hoping one day they re-use that interactive ride theater that once held Days of Thunder and James Bond license to thrill. I enjoyed that as a kid and think that one day they could add something in there. I know it's a haunt now, but put an interactive ride in there again!  I'm fine with the other building that used to be Crypt as a haunt because that one is cool.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SonofBaconator said:

In the recent interview, Don said that the park will make an announcement when it's right for them. Considering that today marked the end of daily operations for the park with no announcement for next year, it might be one of those minor announcements only given out over social media.

One year recently, they did an announcement on the Saturday of closing weekend. Of course, closing weekend is a lot later in the year now than it was then, but it's something to think about.

• Like 2

With Steel Vengeance opening at Cedar Point next year, that will be the main draw. This will be an off-year for KI, with nothing major added. I could see something like an antique car ride going in. But I wouldn't expect a coaster or major flat ride.

14 hours ago, jcgoble3 said:

One year recently, they did an announcement on the Saturday of closing weekend. Of course, closing weekend is a lot later in the year now than it was then, but it's something to think about.

I would still  consider the end of haunt closing weekend for the park.

Winterfest is special events and limited rides. I don't see it as part of the regular season. Maybe I am the only one?

• Like 2