What could 2018 bring KI

Maverick44

With Attitudes and Coney Potato Works closed , looks like a capital improvement will happen in Coney Mall area next year. Some are guessing a Smokehouse like Soak City , others are saying antique car ride. Dino Alive not returning for 2018 is also a good spot for some area to clear and build a coaster or some flat rides or antique car ride also in an area extension off Coney Mall just like X base has done for the past 10 years. Planet Snoopy might follow the lead of some of
the other parks and called Camp Snoopy for 2018. Lots of great things to discuss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Attitudes was open last night with some additional merchandise that they probably cleaned out of the warehouse.  I also saw the VP of Food and Beverage along with another person who was holding a notepad in front of the Attitudes building.  I didn't get close enough to overhear what they were talking about although I did think about going up and asking them where the Antiques were going to be next year. :D

Another thought came to mind today when looking at the KI Instagram and seeing them talk about the old Skyride.  Cedar Point's Skyride adds a lot to that area of the park and I feel like a similar length Skyride would add a lot to the Coney Mall area as well as providing great views of the park.  If they put something in like the Skyride and brought back the Antiques somewhere along with another smaller flat (maybe something like the Winnie Witch Cauldrons) and maybe something like CW's Shockwave it would really improve the overall feel of Coney.

• Like 2

First, Dinosaurs Alive is gone after this year. Go onto Kings Island's official website and click on the 2018 Gold and Platinum pass benefits, you will notice no Dinosaurs Alive hmm. I have heard from sources that next year the land will be prepped for 2019 which will bring a monster Giga. I'm excited about the future!

• Like 3

Just a reminder friends, if you are going to say someone told you something, you need to share who told you as not saying who it came from is against the Terms of Service here on KIC.

Posting information that is not public record and could be damaging to the reputation, business and/or day to day operation of Kings Island or its affiliates is a violation of the terms of service. Any information posted claiming to be from an inside source or claiming to be confirmed, when not being released from Kings Island or Cedar Fair, must be posted along with the name of the source. Failure to do so is a violation of an individual user's terms of service.

• Like 6

Just remember Kings Island was the first to receive Dinosaurs Alive.  Even if it closes and is removed it could very well just be the first in the chain to have it removed and we could see the rest removed over the next two or three years.  I would not link the closure or removal of Dinosaur's Alive to possible projects until we see more than just it being removed.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, silver2005 said:

How much infrastructure work is there with Dinosaurs Alive! in place?  Is it just the electrical stuff needed for the animatronics and lighting?

Also, please answer in a way for us non-engineers to understand. ;)

Electrical and pathways, and footers for the animatronics. Possibly some data cables. Decent chance of some drainage lines. Maybe a water line, but doubtful. 

None of which costs much in the grand scheme of things. If they have other plans, they will remove the dinos and bulldoze the rest. 

• Like 2

On ‎8‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 3:09 PM, chugh43 said:

Just a reminder friends, if you are going to say someone told you something, you need to share who told you as not saying who it came from is against the Terms of Service here on KIC.

I'm just curious and cross threading from the music thread, but how is your post in that thread "Unfortunately it looks as if the music is gone for now.  I know the team who put together the music for the update. It was a decision that came from above the gm." any different from the post you were reminding about not saying who information came from being against said TOS.  Who on the team did you talk to and who above the gm made the decision- you didn't mention names?"  One could argue that is insider information and implying the gm doesn't have control over something like music could be damaging.  Why would his employees take his direction seriously?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, fryoj said:

Electrical and pathways, and footers for the animatronics. Possibly some data cables. Decent chance of some drainage lines. Maybe a water line, but doubtful. 

None of which costs much in the grand scheme of things. If they have other plans, they will remove the dinos and bulldoze the rest. 

I have heard the thing will be bulldozed and the land around it will will be as well then prepped.

1 hour ago, Hmrapp said:

Very very true. Hamilton county even has a fair which I find odd considering Kings Island is 20 minutes at most from any given spot in the county.

Ugh, I wish any given spot in Hamilton County was only 20 minutes from KI. My commute from my home in Hamilton County to KI is 40-45 minutes each way. And you can still get farther away without leaving Hamilton County.

• Like 4

Ugh, I wish any given spot in Hamilton County was only 20 minutes from KI. My commute from my home in Hamilton County to KI is 40-45 minutes each way. And you can still get farther away without leaving Hamilton County.
You at least avoid 71 till past Pfeiffer by picking me up. :)
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, disco2000 said:

I'm just curious and cross threading from the music thread, but how is your post in that thread "Unfortunately it looks as if the music is gone for now.  I know the team who put together the music for the update. It was a decision that came from above the gm." any different from the post you were reminding about not saying who information came from being against said TOS.  Who on the team did you talk to and who above the gm made the decision- you didn't mention names?"  One could argue that is insider information and implying the gm doesn't have control over something like music could be damaging.  Why would his employees take his direction seriously?

You can ask @malem @IndyGuy4KI @CoastersRZ @BoddaH1994 that as he knows the situation alongside with myself. And since you brought it up, I assisted a few others on putting the playlist together for the instrumental music on International Street. 

In conversations with Mike Koontz, he loved the music on International Street and was all for the change, but the decision came from above him. 

That's all I can say about it. 

• Like 5

^That works for me - just wanted to make sure we maintained consistency regarding unnamed sources being provided!

Question is, was it Greg who gave the decision from above?  He was GM of KI and is now above and one could assume he had a role previously in the pop music selection last year as GM...

• Like 1

I cannot comment publicly as to who or why the decision was made. Just that the decision was made and it has been encouraged for those who liked it to contact the park to request it back, which can be done through the contact us form on the website, calling the call center and using #bringbackIStreetInstrumental on Twitter when mentioning @kingsislandpr

• Like 2

Weird how we just got a new coaster this year and were already starting to get hyped up a tad for potentially a Giga coaster later down the road. It's always fun speculating about coasters, and predicting what parks will get new coasters in the future.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

^That works for me - just wanted to make sure we maintained consistency regarding unnamed sources being provided!

Question is, was it Greg who gave the decision from above?  He was GM of KI and is now above and one could assume he had a role previously in the pop music selection last year as GM...

I don't think it matters who made the decision.  It was made.  What matters is what happens in the future, and maybe if the people who enjoyed the change to area appropriate music can make their opinions known, the music can return to IS.

• Like 3

On 8/28/2017 at 4:40 PM, Hmrapp said:

Very very true. Hamilton county even has a fair which I find odd considering Kings Island is 20 minutes at most from any given spot in the county.

The county fair in Mecklenburg might even make things odder!

I'm comfortable with whatever Kings Island brings for next year and the year after that. Mystic Timbers, in my opinion changed Kings Island forever. Now when I go to Kings Island, It's a tough call of which ride I want to do next when it comes to The Beast or Mystic Timbers.  Granted The Beast is still my favorite wooden roller coaster all time, but now I have more options with Mystic Timbers. So what I'm saying is, Kings Island could add nothing the next two seasons and I'd still be cool with it.

• Like 3