What could 2018 bring KI

Maverick44

I went to the park today and the haunt decorations come within about 10-15 feet of the Attitudes building.  If the Smokehouse is coming in time for Winterfest I wonder if the existing Attitudes building will be used without them tearing it down and they can just gut some walls and retrofit it into a restaurant rather than re-building from scratch.  The square footage of that building is about 12,000 square feet whereas the Reds Hall of Fame and Grill is about 75 feet by 140 feet (10,500 square feet) if my calculations using Google Earth are correct.  This would give them plenty of space to put seating in there as well which I think a lot of us would prefer and this should also give them plenty of time to get it done in time for Winterfest in November.

I also went back to Dinos Alive and a lot of the dinos had costumes on so I would say it is safe to assume they will be there thru the end of the Halloween season. 

• Like 2

This is from February 18 and the Smokehouse was done by Memorial Day when Soak City opened.  That was also done from the ground up so I would think it would be quicker since the building is already built.  They would have to re-do the front of the building but the back and sides are complete save for if they decide to paint it.

• Like 2

If the park doesn't do it I wonder if we could get a group of volunteers to do the following for the park....

Line and repave the parking lot

Run a tram system for park goers

More roving entertainment

Fix the issue with the FP and reg guest loading

Excuse me that I may not be as excited as some about another restaurant (instead of improving what's there) or another ride when there are glaring (imo) issues already that should be addressed first

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

@shark6495  you have really jumped the shark this time.:lol:

Do you have any idea how much it costs to pave a parking lot that size?  A home driveway is a couple of grand.  (Besides the potholes act as cheap speed bumps for all speed demons out to kill our kids)

My volunteer hours go to a bit more worthy causes than multi billion dollar partnerships.  (Scouts, Special Olympics, conservation projects, etc.)

• Like 5

16 hours ago, King Ding Dong said:

I would be very surprised.   When you have a product considered the best available (kids area) businesses tend not to give it away for free.  But for all the people that have smaller children I hope so as well.  

That's kind of the feeling I have to. I know Kings Island wins the the Golden Ticket for best kids area, but CP has a lot more to do between Camp Snoopy, Planet Snoopy, & Kiddie Kingdom. So I'm holding out hope, lol. If they don't do it I'll buy her a KI gold pass because I've already registered her for the Pre-K pass at CP & KD. My wife, son, & I all have Platinum passes. But since the 2 parks I'll attend besides KI next year have the Pre-K pass, I'm just gonna get her a Gold Pass for KI if they don't end up doing it. Fingers crossed, lol

• Like 2

17 hours ago, BuckeyeBond said:

I wonder if KI will also add the Pre-K pass? I hope they do.

I highly doubt it - think of all the people that already purchased a pass for a kiddo that would fall in the Pre-K pass age and KI would need to refund that money if they issued the Pre-K pass now - and we know they don't want to set a precedent of refunding passes.  Plus KI is such a season pass heavy park now, they don't really need to entice any more people to buy a pass because that is essentially what the Pre-K pass is doing - enticing families at those other parks with the offer of hey mom and dad buy a pass and your kid under 5 gets in free.

• Like 2

Heard from a KI security guard that Dinosaurs Alive is definitely not coming back next year. He said "he is positive". I then asked a KI employee working Dinosaurs Alive, and she said she's heard it both ways. So, who knows if DA will be there in 2018 or not. Based on both conversations, I'm going with the security guard.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, kirbias1 said:

Heard from a KI security guard that Dinosaurs Alive is definitely not coming back next year. He said "he is positive". I then asked a KI employee working Dinosaurs Alive, and she said she's heard it both ways. So, who knows if DA will be there in 2018 or not. Based on both conversations, I'm going with the security guard.

I'm not saying that those are reliable sources but they make more sense than from the dippin dots guy.

I feel like it's got to be pretty boring to be a DA employee and hard for a security guard. The DA employee barely sees any people and the security guard has to patrol that whole wooded area. During Haunt, there were tons of teens going under the rope and into the woods.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kirbias1 said:

There is a "moose out front" joke in there somewhere just dying to get out.  :D

• 2 weeks later...

So I saw this video on YouTube and in the comments he mentions a Huss Breakdance.  While I realize that it should all be taken with a grain of salt the Huss Breakdance that Cedar Fair purchased on their European trip has still not found a park yet.  Originally it was thought that perhaps Worlds of Fun's 2018 addition Nordic Chaser was going to be it but it sounds like that ride does not spin.  I found a video of the Breakdance that Cedar Fair got from Holiday Park in Germany and it would be a great fit for KI.

This along with a couple other flats would make some nice additions next year and this should even be able to fit on the old Flight Commander pad or even go over in Oktoberfest.

• Like 4

Many enthuasist including myself want to see more then just a coaster in X-base yet, an immersive, themed and interactive area. Ironically, Toverland in Kronenberg, Netherlands announced what they would be receiving in 2018 and here are the results...

Queue Theming...

6a118b316bf8967689e776af81acd297.jpg

235c49560eb113b4715e975cbbc0bc34.jpg

ac82f2c88ddc3a1fb4f11bd19de510c0.png

The B&M Wingcoaster (Fenix)

90fbbd56bf09a82dc83bd8236ada27ff.png

d06ef1dd3072577a52b528453a40c814.jpeg

If the ride itself is half as good as the train design, then the Dutch are in for a real treat!

6fc1d4ed8a777d4565cb0dd304fbed67.jpeg

An interactive, interesting and in-depth themed section will be coming to Toverland in 2018. This park expansion will include a new B&M Wing coaster that interacts with the front gate (Hmmmm. Wonder where they got that from?) by the name of Fenix. The coaster will be over 2,667 feet long, reach a maximum height of 131 feet, top speeds close to 60 mph, and will contain 3 inversions. The icing on the cake however is a boat ride manufactured by Mack Rides. The ride will interact with Fenix and will take riders on a 12 minute, mystical journey. I would LOVE to see Kings Island create a strongly themed section of the park with many flats, coasters (A B&M giga could be flattering if done correctly) and eateries.

• Like 6

• 2 months later...
3 minutes ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

There is nothing to update as of yet. As soon as we hear something we will be posting what we know. Until then we are just speculating as we have been. 

I just didn't know if anyone has been this past week with pics or updated with work being done. Someone posted updated pics in another form. Walls partially up! 2018 Coney mall thread.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

I just didn't know if anyone has been this past week with pics or updated with work being done. Someone posted updated pics in another form. Walls partially up! 2018 Coney mall thread.

Gotcha, I thought you were asking for updates from the park. Hopefully we will hear something soon.

• Like 3