What could 2018 bring KI

Maverick44

Honestly, after seeing the INCREDIBLE investment made for Winterfest I would be satisfied if we didn't get anything for 2018.  Winterfest was a capital investment of monumental proportions (4 million in lights alone I was told by the Dippin' Dot's Guy).  For them to put in millions of dollars for 1 month is just incredible.  Granted they will get the return on investment now that most of the lights, decorations and signs have been bought, still I'm in awe of how much this must have cost to roll out not just at Kings Island, but other parks as well. 

That being said, 2019 should bring a coaster, and a big one :)

• Like 4

When I got to the park tonight I stopped by Guest Services to check on if there would be an announcement tonight and they said not that the knew of.  They said that as far as they knew next year would just be general improvements and not a ride.  Obviously time will tell and hopefully some of the general improvements will include more indoor restaurant seating and bathrooms back in Xbase.

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, Magenta Lizard said:

No, antique cars. 

I'm still curious if they will even announce anything, or if the new (presumed) restaurant will just be there when spring gets here. 

probably announced at the same time they announce the "order the meal plane before the price goes up?"

• Like 3

I don't think there was ever very much in the way of any type of communication stating that antique cars would happen, more that most of us just really want them to be back. It was nice of Kings Island to tease us at Winterfest having them driving the antique cars around though... :rolleyes:

• Like 6

I think I was (unintentionally) the source of the antique cars rumor. I mentioned in a thread here that the dinos alive path would be a really great spot to put antique cars. Someone else mentioned the hills are too steep in some areas for the cars to deal with. I agreed, and thought that was the end of it. 

Soon afterward, I think another site (I won't use their name) picked it up and passed it on as "insider info." I had no less than three (non-KIC) friends at the park tell it back to me as something that was "going to happen."

Then once the Attitudes building was torn down and speculation started on that, antique cars were still fresh in everyone's minds, so the "rumor" spread to being about that area. 

I think the antique car at Winterfest was either just recycling something the park already owns, or it was both that and a conscious nod to the rumor. 

• Like 6

Only tear BLSC down if they put something in that's better and worth the loss of BLSC, the ride is a solid fun ride with the coveted 48" mark (was my daughter's favorite ride at 48" when she got there a few years ago). I understand people's displeasure with it due to the fact it got rid of the antique cars, but the ride is fun, isn't uncomfortable, and one of the few rides with some halfway decent theming in it, even if that theming has diminished over time due to the loss of the Italian Job theme. I'd argue the theme of BLSC is fourth best of the roller coasters at Kings Island behind Flight of Fear (more the queue than the ride), Banshee, & Mystic Timbers (yes, better than Adventure Express).

• Like 5

1 hour ago, dtk1378 said:

Only tear BLSC down if they put something in that's better and worth the loss of BLSC, the ride is a solid fun ride with the coveted 48" mark (was my daughter's favorite ride at 48" when she got there a few years ago). I understand people's displeasure with it due to the fact it got rid of the antique cars, but the ride is fun, isn't uncomfortable, and one of the few rides with some halfway decent theming in it, even if that theming has diminished over time due to the loss of the Italian Job theme. I'd argue the theme of BLSC is fourth best of the roller coasters at Kings Island behind Flight of Fear (more the queue than the ride), Banshee, & Mystic Timbers (yes, better than Adventure Express).

Banshee's theming is better than Mystic's and Backlot's? What theming is present other than tombstones, chandeliers, and a scream?

• Like 1

Someone please correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t I see an interview with Mr. Helbig around the time of all the Cedar Fair announcements saying that there would be some type of an announcement at a later date or something along those lines??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 6

13 hours ago, LoadAndGo said:

Banshee's theming is better than Mystic's and Backlot's? What theming is present other than tombstones, chandeliers, and a scream?

I wouldn't rank Banshee as the best but it is high up there. I think the fact that *something* was added to the coaster enhances the overall theme. Tombstones, pulsing support lights, flickering station lights, the scream at the top of the hill, and even the rename of The Bat all contribute to the theming in some way.

Its the little things that people notice

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SonofBaconator said:

I wouldn't rank Banshee as the best but it is high up there. I think the fact that *something* was added to the coaster enhances the overall theme. Tombstones, pulsing support lights, flickering station lights, the scream at the top of the hill, and even the rename of The Bat all contribute to the theming in some way.

Its the little things that people notice

I agree that Banshee had theming, but I don't think it's better than Backlot's

• Like 2

He did say there would be a later announcement. He did not say when. However that tweet was about something CP in particular said in their own Snapchat, so I would take it with a grain of salt to assume that KI or other parks are going to also do something soon.

I hope I'm wrong tho, because I'm excitedly anticipating officially hearing what is coming to KI next year, too. 

• Like 5

Ok I found the interview I was thinking of and it was one of KICentral’s own interviews!!! I had seen some other things like the tweet posted above. Skip to 4 minutes in. Mr. Helbig is good at saying a lot and nothing at the same time . After rewatching it does seem pretty vague. However he does mention that right now with everything going on it’s not the right time which would make it seem as though there is an announcement coming whether big or small.

EDIT

218ec2112856876aeaa5abc0004ec26e.jpg

Could the new smokehouse be the announcement or has that already been officially let out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2