What could 2018 bring KI

Maverick44

4 hours ago, Firehawk44 said:

Another thing I would like to see KI do is work a little more on their decor, or make more use of what is there.  Maybe add animatronics to the train.

As much as I've wanted this for years I'm gonna have to say nay on the animatronics. They're hard to keep up, especially in the elements. Unfortunately I don't know if the park would be able to keep up with maintenance on outside animatronics as well as ones that are covered. However, that doesn't mean that additional theming can't be added to the train; fake animals, rocks, logs, trees, something else to look at besides holes in fences. Dick's Sporting Goods sells decoys for $99.99;)

train theming.gif

• Like 7

7 hours ago, SonofBaconator said:

As much as I've wanted this for years I'm gonna have to say nay on the animatronics. They're hard to keep up, especially in the elements. Unfortunately I don't know if the park would be able to keep up with maintenance on outside animatronics as well as ones that are covered. However, that doesn't mean that additional theming can't be added to the train; fake animals, rocks, logs, trees, something else to look at besides holes in fences. Dick's Sporting Goods sells decoys for $99.99;)

train theming.gif

Hey now. Don't dis a fence that came "straight from the Vatican" and is very "holy". :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

Yeah I will say the train ride is sort of boring. CP's is much better. Imo.

I do enjoy CP's a lot. There is just something special about KI's train that puts it over the top for me. It might just be as simple as the bright colors of the trains. I really don't have an answer.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

I do enjoy CP's a lot. There is just something special about KI's train that puts it over the top for me. It might just be as simple as the bright colors of the trains. I really don't have an answer.

KI's trains are much, much bigger and make a lot more noise. The bell's louder as well as the whistle. Crown did a great job making those trains and I wish there was more of them out there.

IMG_20170605_205902.jpg

I have however wanted to get an upclose lool at Cedar Point's Porter collection. Luckily I'll be interning at Cedar Point this summer so you bet your lucky stars I'll be riding that train constantly.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Firehawk44 said:

This may have already been discussed(didn't read every thing), but will there be any updates in shows?  Specifically will there be a new cirque show?  I personally would love if they update a lot of the other shows instead of simply showing the same shows every five or so years.

Another thing I would like to see KI do is work a little more on their decor, or make more use of what is there.  Maybe add animatronics to the train.

As far as shows, nothing has been released as of yet.

3 hours ago, Maverick44 said:

Yeah I will say the train ride is sort of boring. CP's is much better. Imo.

I agree @Maverick44, I love Boneville. Probably no surprise, but I love that there is very minimal spieling on CP's train. KI's route is great, it needs less spieling and more viewing opportunities.

• Like 2

Both train rides at each park are fantastic. I love the views of the Sandusky Bay, Millennium, and Maverick on the way up to FrontierTown. Then I also enjoy the animatronics, and the views of Rougarou and Cedar Creek Mine Ride on the way down.

I like the ideas of putting rocks and adding scenery to KI's train. Some new tree stomps that don't have blue paint on them may help as well:D .More scenic items would be nice.

• Like 2

I was kind of hoping to see some Mystic Timbers theming added to the train. I thought we'd be treated to signs advertising the Miami Valley Lumber Company, maybe some vines on the buildings, logs laying beside the track, scattered hard hats, warning signs or something. The closest thing we got in terms of theming was the same audio that MT riders hear before going into the shed.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

I was kind of hoping to see some Mystic Timbers theming added to the train. I thought we'd be treated to signs advertising the Miami Valley Lumber Company, maybe some vines on the buildings, logs laying beside the track, scattered hard hats, warning signs or something. The closest thing we got in terms of theming was the same audio that MT riders hear before going into the shed.

I think the audio is kind of cool, it's a remix of what's heard in line, the shed, and the lift hill.

• Like 2

On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 1:00 AM, SonofBaconator said:

train theming.gif

what are the concrete pillars from???

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

Yeah with CP its a major season as well you could say with SV.  The release is on their website now and there is a ton of changes coming to CP. Makes me wonder if the thing in CM is more then just a restaurant.

They could blow our minds and add in something under our noses. I still think the antique cars would make the most sense but no further hints of speculations has backed up this claim as of late. 

• Like 2

Why did CP announce and KI hasn't? Because CP has been having a big event this time of year for the past several years where information is released. It's not like they said, stay tuned for our 2018 additions.....find out on Feb. 27th at __ am. They literally just posted information they already gave away and that those in attendance for WCO had already been talking about.

• Like 3