What could 2018 bring KI

Maverick44

I'm curious to see if this tweet is still relevant.

DK1ktmuXoAEXF6w.jpg

https://twitter.com/ScottFaisFun/status/913497037563457536

If it isn't then why tag KI in it? Discovery Kingdom was tagged in the post and we know they're getting one.

As I mentioned in another thread, there is some space near the old DA entrance for a ride so a Skywarp isn't completely out of the question

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Let's say we are just getting the new restaurant and just some general park improvements.  If that was announced in the fall or during Winterfest how would the GP take that? Even some around here might be disappointed.  Then people with unreasonable expectations of the park will be complaining on social media all off season about not getting a coaster. I am guessing in this instance, no announcement until closer to opening is better for the park. 

Although, I would have assumed they would have something on the website by early February.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SonofBaconator said:

I'm curious to see if this tweet is still relevant.

DK1ktmuXoAEXF6w.jpg

https://twitter.com/ScottFaisFun/status/913497037563457536

If it isn't then why tag KI in it? Discovery Kingdom was tagged in the post and we know they're getting one.

As I mentioned in another thread, there is some space near the old DA entrance for a ride so a Skywarp isn't completely out of the question

Jeff Pike designed both the Skywarp and Mystic Timbers.  The program talked about his previous work and specifically his work at Kings Island on Mystic Timbers.

• Like 1

I wouldn't mind it, everyone is bashing it but have u rode one? Didn't think so. The near miss elements would be cool and it would be better than no new ride. I still think it's unlikely to get a skywarp though. It would however look great down by WS or where we "think" the new food spot will be.

• Like 1

I guess I'm not understanding why they need to announce anything, especially a restaurant. 

Yes, CP announced it to 800 guests at a private event and then announced it to the rest of the world, but KI is not CP. 

I despise the "it'll help with season pass sales and attendance. It'll help create buzz" ideas...pretty sure Kings Island has no issues with either of those things without an announcement. If it's such a big deal, that someone hasn't heard exactly what is happening at this point, maybe it's time to step aside from the computer/device and go out side for a little bit. 

• Like 5

I know I've said it before somewhere, but I'll say it again:

How about some new or updated POV's of rides? Adventure Express, Backlot Stunt Coaster, Firehawk, Flight of Fear, Invertigo, Bat, and Racer all don't have official POV's on Kings Island's website! And Vortex is still using the old, grainy POV. 

I know KI has some POV's on their youtube channel, but again it's the old ones. Why not get some fresh, new, clear ones for the website?

Sure, it's not actually a change/addition the park, but I'd still like to see it happen this year.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, VortexBFForever said:

How about 360 POVs for the other rides? Banshee and Beast already have POV videos in that format and I love watching them. The more rides the better!!

-BFF, who would absolutely love 360 POVs of Vortex and WindSeeker!

So a 129600 degree squared pov? Jk. That would be rather cool.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Announcing that for 2018 the park is doing "general park improvements" and building a restaurant that is essentially a copy of another restaurant already at the park will not sell passes or create buzz.

Well, not good buzz.

They are better off not announcing anything at all. 

• Like 4