Steel Vengeance to open in 2018 at Cedar Point

Some great RMC Mean Streak photos uploaded from a constitution tour.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/srail/sets/72157683772997033

Edit: Found an article about the tour.

SANDUSKY, Ohio - Cedar Point's newest roller coaster will debut in spring 2018, a remake of the wooden giant Mean Streak, which is getting a new steel track, a higher first hill and at least three inversions.

http://www.cleveland.com/travel/index.ssf/2017/07/cedar_points_former_mean_strea.html

• Like 7

From my knowledge, RMC hasn't done an 87° drop before, but I guess it is very possible when you think how Goliath at SFGA has a max descent of 85° at 165 and how this coaster is Speculated to be over 200 ft, So good Prediction Indyguy.°°°°°°

• Like 1

On 7/23/2017 at 0:50 AM, Magenta Lizard said:

^1000 is 125 over 875 :)

I find it interesting that the guy on the left wanted poster appears to be wearing a (probably steam-punky) mech suit. I'm looking forward to seeing these characters in non-silhouette form. 

How did I miss that one? Geez. LOL. Well I guess we see if thes is a 125 in there instead of 25...

• Like 1

Wonder if the full poster for Chess will appear this week. 

Anyone else here enter the contest to be at the pre-announcement? I'm keeping my fingers crossed but with CP as popular as it is, there are probably hundreds of entries and I don't think I'm even 50th best out of that many. It will be the first time I go to CP in about ten years if I do win tho. 

On 7/31/2017 at 8:02 AM, Magenta Lizard said:

Wonder if the full poster for Chess will appear this week. 

Anyone else here enter the contest to be at the pre-announcement? I'm keeping my fingers crossed but with CP as popular as it is, there are probably hundreds of entries and I don't think I'm even 50th best out of that many. It will be the first time I go to CP in about ten years if I do win tho. 

I wanted to enter, but I work for Cedar Fair.

Pros and cons, lol.

I hope you win, though!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

So, I saw a Facebook post on amusement park forum of someone who had attended the pre-announcement. Said the drop looks near vertical and there will be four inversions with lots of crazy airtime hills. Also, no questions allowed. Take it with a grain of salt.

Oh. my. gosh. This looks amazing! I freaked when I saw that it would be a hyper! Also, thank you Cedar Point (and Cedar Fair) for calling it a hybrid and not a wooden coaster. Finally, this thing is long! Cannot wait to board in 2018! :D

EDIT: POV for your viewing pleasure:

• Like 3

Well, it's time to get up to The Point again next summer...that is one amazing transformation of a coaster that sorely needed it. RMC is just blowing it out of the water with this one! After riding Outlaw Run and Stormchaser, I cannot wait to ride this monster!

• Like 1