Steel Vengeance to open in 2018 at Cedar Point

On 5/17/2018 at 1:45 PM, BoddaH1994 said:

I found a video on YouTube (can’t find it now) that said they were testing with 2 and 3 trains at night. Hopefully that’s a good sign.

Still 1 train.  I'm sure if it was testing at night I could hear the lift from the breakers:)

Waitin for front, maybe it can redeem itself.

Chess is running.

20180518_222809.jpg

We rode Chess Tuesday and Digger was running Wednesday. I found it pretty entertaining Wed watching people running to the back only to find a huge line and the tide didn't even open til about 1030. I found that around 5p the waits go down to about an hour. 

We were in line for Beast during ERT and it was funny listening to this group that said in 2 days they got 1 ride, we got 4 and could have gotten more but wanted to do other things.

I got to ride this monster coaster last weekend, as you may have read in my recent trip report. If you don't (I can't blame you, it is friggin' huge and will demand your time) and just want my thoughts on Steel Vengeance, I'm gonna share them again here.

HOLY COW, this thing is insane, in a good way. When they say it has more airtime than any other coaster, I believe them. And 99% of it is ejector air to boot, even on the tiny bunny hops before the lift! In addition to the incredible airtime, you also get 4 great inversions, good laterals, a huge first drop that goes straight down, and thanks to the immense wooden structure, tons of head chopper moments. The coaster also has a very loud chain lift, and it has the "tugging" effect on its lift hill similar to what Adventure Express does, adding to the intimidation factor.

I also enjoyed how they have all the backstory of the town's characters on the poster things in the que, leading up to the 3 Outlaws and detailing the backstory behind the Maverick vs. Steel Vengeance feud. And the fact they have characters walking around as the characters from this backstory is awesome (you can usually find them in Frontier Town near the ride), though I do think they should get a guy to play Maverick, and when that character encounters the SV ones, they should confront each other. The ride's sign is also amazing, then again Cedar Fair has been doing an amazing job at that for all their recent rides so that's not unexpected.

The only downside is, at the moment, it's just 1 train operation so I would suggest either getting ERT and doing the coaster in the morning (be prepared to at least jog) or wait until the sun goes down and ride it as your last coaster of the night. Night rides on Steel Vengeance are also epic, as the ride appears to glow, and there are fake lanterns that glow and look like real ones on the lift hill. When SV gets back to 3 train operation, hopefully the lines will be better, and you could get Fast Lane Plus for it again.

I loved the ride. It's my first RMC, and it's already my new favorite coaster. Not a bad first impression at all, besides the 1 train operation.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, King Ding Dong said:

@IndyGuy4KI Do they have a sign up for those in the park but offline?

They have a sign up, and Valravn has been breaking down today and yesterday. The Intamins have been running pretty well. Top Thrill has been having issues today though.

Edited by matt112986
Auto correct
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

I did not see anything during ERT, have not been back there since.

I can see Steel Vengeance from my cabin, so I'll check to see if they are running multiple trains. 

@King Ding Dong The Coca-Cola Freestyle by Steel Vengeance is open. I know you were thinking about asking that. 

@matt112986 Valravn didn't stay down for long. Skyhawk and TTD are the only ones I saw down. 

Also, these bugs are annoying as all get out. Can't leave the cabin door open for long.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TombRaiderFTW said:

Closing the ride early, to me, says they've got a fix up their sleeve and/or want to do some testing. I'll be curious to see how Steel Vengeance runs tomorrow and this weekend.

From Maverick I could see the storage shed only had Blackjack in it. I can't be completely sure but I think they had 2 trains going. It started raining as the park closed so I didn't stick around to see.

• Like 3