Steel Vengeance to open in 2018 at Cedar Point

From what I have heard Blackjack has been cannibalized for parts and is missing a lot of wheels so 3 trains may not be possible yet.  Then again, if they can get the parts there in time maybe they can get it running. 

@JubJester Have fun trying to get to sleep tonight if they pull an all nighter testing.  :D   I would suggest taking some Ambien but I heard on Twitter that stuff can do weird things like turn you into a Vekoma Fan or worse.  

• Haha 4

11 minutes ago, King Ding Dong said:

@JubJester Have fun trying to get to sleep tonight if they pull an all nighter testing.  :D   I would suggest taking some Ambien but I heard on Twitter that stuff can do weird things like turn you into a Vekoma Fan or worse.  

The cabin area I am in is just across the road from SV, so I can just hear it roaring (which is cool). The first big hill is basically right above our cabin. They haven't let down on testing. It seems like they are picking up the pace, because there's not a time where I can't hear the lift or the train rolling by. I may start a journal, because it may be a long night. "...at zero three hundred hours, I have yet gather one second of sleep."

Being a Vekoma fan is my worst nightmare! I'm scared that you added, "or worse".:D

• Haha 2

Enthusiasts from around the country will be on-hand for CoasterMania, with Steel Vengeance as the star attraction. CP clearly doesn't want to disappoint.

Not to mention, cedar Fair publicizes their Golden Ticket Awards, which are voted on by enthusiasts.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tera Ryzing said:

Why are they going through all this trouble to get it up and going for an enthusiast event?  They should have closed it for a few days during the 8pm closings.

Why do you go through all this trouble to create a fuss? Keep in mind June is just around the corner.

Is there a better time to do this?

1 hour ago, Tera Ryzing said:

They must be confident that the train on the track will stop before colliding with the one in the station.

Call me crazy and I know absolutely nothing about coaster cycles, but doesn't it make sense that there should be no need to worry about collisions from the train on the brake run, if they would simply dispatch the train in the station that has been recently loaded with passengers? 

iow,  can't have a collision if there is nothing to run into...am I wrong?

• Like 1