Steel Vengeance to open in 2018 at Cedar Point

59 minutes ago, silver2005 said:

Upon further review on a real POV, it doesn't appear the brakes before the station are long enough to accommodate a train, or at least something where the train behind it would be super close to it if they stacked all 3.  

If there was two trains stacked the 3rd would be stopped on the mcbr.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Tera Ryzing said:

Is it just me or does RMC need to evaluate who they subcontract work out to.  You have the launch on lightning rod, this, parterning with vekoma.....

Keep in mind KD RMC has mostly only been running one train operation as well...although they are trying two today...not a good start for RMC with CF...

10 hours ago, flightoffear1996 said:

Is the train issue a programming problem or something mechanically wrong?  I don't understand with all the safety systems and how something as simple brakes on a roller coaster just fail.

I haven't seen it in motion before the incident to know if SV used them or not, but a lot of parks in the past decade did not like the idea of rolling blocks. I can't say whether or not SV has it, but on rides like Maverick there is more than just a simple 1 or 0 for the block being occupied and a mechanical brake.

• 3 weeks later...

Given that it is 12:33 right now the park has not been open for 4 hours yet he must referring to the posted wait time.  CP has been overestimating the wait all season so it is unlikely really that long.  (Unless there is a shutdown).  But as the July crowds pick up I wouldn’t be surprised if the wait starts topping the 1.5 - 2 hour standby line wait most have reported. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, BoddaH1994 said:

So they latest reports out of CP are that SV is running three trains but it is dead stopping at the MCBR and crawling for the second half of the ride.  Hopefully that's a temporary thing.

I'd be interested to see where the reports are coming from. Everything I've seen is that they are using 2 trains, but rotating which two run at any given time. 

I did see that Cedar Point announced they are not opening SV during ERT during the week, but during Friday, Saturday and possibly Sunday it'll be open during ERT. This is while they make adjustments to the ride.

13 hours ago, BoddaH1994 said:

So they latest reports out of CP are that SV is running three trains but it is dead stopping at the MCBR and crawling for the second half of the ride.  Hopefully that's a temporary thing.

I've only been seeing them run two trains recently every time I've driven past it.

On a lighter note, at least the Blackjack train is in operation.

They have been running both digger and blackjack trains while I have been there since Monday until Wednesday. And Wednesday the wait never got over 30 minutes I managed to get 4 rides in on Wednesday alone. Which brings my total count up to 26 this season so far. I was also there for the ride night and managed to get one of the shirts they was giving out.

• Like 2

As usual they sure are tight lipped about what the issues are.   Considering they still wait until train A is on the break run to dispatch train B it sure isn’t promising.   For all we know there could be some fundamental flaw in the design beyond the choice of braking system that needs extended downtime to correct.  I don’t understand why they can’t at least dispatch after train A clears the MCBR.  

• Like 1

^Its not like they haven't built one with a MCBR either.  Their first conversion was New Texas Giant.  

RMC is honestly starting to feel like Intamin now; getting tried and true concepts and messing them up (no being able to get a launch coaster right with Lightning Rod, having trouble with a MCBR and running 3 trains with SV, setting multiple projects on fire).  

• Haha 2

On ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 12:21 PM, Oldiesmann said:

@Thrill_Biscuit reported on Facebook that the wait was nearly 4 hours when the park opened this morning. I'm still hoping to be able to ride it next month but I don't want to spend 4 hours waiting in line.

It turned out being 2h 50 mins for us that day. The FL line was out onto the midway. A lot... I mean a lot... of give-ups walked out of the line ahead of us (probably 1-day guests not wanting so much of their precious park time standing in lines), shortening the wait a little bit.  Boy did they miss out.  That coaster is the greatest roller coaster I've EVER ridden. Ever.

• Like 5

@Thrill_Biscuit, gotta agree. Steel Vengeance isn't just the best coaster at Cedar Point either. Could take the #1 overall spot. 

For now, it seems to be hit or miss with down time. I know I was surprised that they were holding a train in the station until the other hit the final brake run. Seems to me (as also stated by others here) that it could be released when one hits the MCBR. The amount of riders per hour has to be abysmal. 

• Like 1

So, after my fantastic back seat (3rd to last row) ride last night, I think Steel Vengeance is my favorite coaster at Cedar Point (followed by Valravn, Wicked Twister and Maverick, of course...)

EDIT: Also, they were running two trains last night: Chess and (I think) Blackjack. Digger was chillin' on the transfer track.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, silver2005 said:

Do SV lines adhere to any sort of pattern where it may get slightly shorter lines during certain parts of the day or is it always long with it being the new coaster?

I've ridden it four times without a Fast Lane in the longest I ever had to wait was an hour and 30 minutes. The only time I rid it with a Fast Lane the line ended up being around 30 minutes long. 

I recommend going either during an early ride time or towards the early evening when people who showed up to the park early are starting to leave.

• Like 1