Steel Vengeance to open in 2018 at Cedar Point

• 2 weeks later...

I have no doubt the wheel hit a brake fin and bent it but I suspect that something on the wheel assembly was broken already.  The wheel was likely out of alignment which allowed it to be hit by the brake fin.

Either way the ride reopened a few hours later and from reports online is operating normally.

• 3 weeks later...

Steel Vengeance is now...running all 3 trains! I can't link it, but FYE Coasters on Facebook have a video showing Chess leaving the station. A 2nd train can be seen parked on the brake run, and then a 3rd flies past overhead on one of the overbanked turns!

I would still expect 60-90+ minute waits though. Even with the improved capacity, I imagine Steel Vengeance is still gonna be stupid popular and Maverick and Valravn can easily get wait times that big so there is no reason Steel Vengeance won't.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, King Ding Dong said:

@McSalsa how busy is the park?   We will be up there Sunday unfortunately as some friends have tickets that expire that day and asked us to come along.  Would rather go Monday but will probably just hang on the beach, maybe kayak if lake is calm enough.  

Probably pretty busy, though as I am not actually in the park I can only use stuff like que-times listed above which isn't always 100% accurate. I was at Cedar Point last weekend and it got pretty packed, though we did have Fast Lane Plus on Sunday and on Monday, the park was pretty dead (Raptor had a 5-minute wait at 2pm which is a pretty good sign the park is "dead" in terms of crowds). Though even then, Steel Vengenace (which was still at 2 trains), Maverick, and Valravn were all 45 minutes plus.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Cedar Point's last three coasters have been marketed as TALLEST, FASTEST, LONGEST .............[insert coaster type here]

There was only like 6 or 7 wing coasters in the world when GK opened (and still aren't that many).

There were just 3 B&M Dive Machines before Valravn.

----

All "first hyper-hybrid" means is that they built a steel hypercoaster, one of the dozens that have been built since 1989... but this is the first one that just happens to be supported by wood. Woop-dee-doo...

-----

When Fury 325 opened as the tallest gigacoaster, all that means is tallest coaster under 400 ft.

-----

Cedar Fair are the experts at creating "records".

• Like 1