Steel Vengeance to open in 2018 at Cedar Point

• 2 weeks later...

Media Day is next Wednesday the 25th.  I plan on attending as part of a media outlet not associated with KIC.   If anyone has specific questions they would like answered from the RMC/CP representatives or photos of particular areas of the ride or surrounding area let me know and I will try my best.   

• Like 2

1 hour ago, King Ding Dong said:

Media Day is next Wednesday the 25th.  I plan on attending as part of a media outlet not associated with KIC.   If anyone has specific questions they would like answered from the RMC/CP representatives or photos of particular areas of the ride or surrounding area let me know and I will try my best.   

We would love for you to share what you get! Thanks @King Ding Dong

"Similar to rides like Maverick, Top Thrill Dragster and Valravn, Steel Vengeance offers a dynamic layout with unprecedented maneuvers, steep drops, airtime and it’s an entirely new category of roller coaster. It’s also a ride that lasts over two minutes"

does that mean hopefully it's more intense than they thought it would be?

• Like 1

There were reports on reddit and other places that last week Twisted Timbers was removing kids that met the 48” height requirement but the restraint was not contacting their pelvis, apparently lots were kicked off.   Saw another post that claimed an email response from the park said the ops got a little over zealous.  Raising the height requirement may be a way of compensating for this.  Just posts on-line so don’t know all the true facts.  

I was getting a bit concerned about Ryan because although he is 5’3” now he is super skinny and small boned.  But if the ride isn’t safe, so be it.  

I don’t know what the lines are for TT, but a “walk of shame” for being to skinny after a long wait is not a good situation.  So I hope this change adequately addresses the situation.  

• Like 2

I'm going with a bit more detail than that.  Element by element, this doesn't have anything that RMC hasn't done before.  Even the transitions aren't atypical for RMC.  And its not like they haven't built anything this scale in terms of height and speed before either (see Goliath which isn't too far off in those particular stats).  I'm leaning to something new with the trains.  

• Like 1

It Is from 5A-1P we plan on getting there about 10A ish.  The early morning session is primarily for TV.  I need to put the iPad down and turn on Netflix and get my mind off of it.

I would expect the first full POVs to start showing up by 7AM.  If I thought the kids could get themselves up and to the bus on their own and the weather was clear I would have stayed at Castaway tonight at CP as daybreak at CP would be awesome.  

• Like 1

I will say I think it is amazing and it is my favorite RMC.

I really like the new trains.  The restraints are very comfortable and I think make a huge difference over the older RMC trains.  I find the airtime to not be painful which is a welcome change over rides like Lightning rod.

• Like 2

Wow. Got to ride it back to back my first two times due to a scheduled airtime for a news station. It doesn't lose it's speed. You absolutely fly back into the station. 

The queue goes right next to the final hills, as seen in the first photo. I'm really glad they kept the lighting for the structure. Second photo is a shot of the Steel Vengeance sign plus the looming hill in the background.

20180425_054808.jpg

20180425_062958.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1