July 23rd bring a friend day.

jacobliford

Have a trip planned to the Island on July 23rd.  Been planning it for about a month with some friends.  Days requested off work a month in advance.  Driving about 4 hours.  Just realized it’s bring a friend for $15.99 gold pass day.   Hopefully it’ll still be a good trip and not insanely busy.  Any advice.

I'd say try and get there early as possible. Also if you have a ride that you want to be on more then others, I'd recommend getting on it early as you can before the people come in waves at about 1 or 2. Depending on how long y'all stay, people typically leave around 5 or 6 so you may want to wait and get a night ride in on some rides that have long lines during the day especially Mystic Timbers which should have a fairly long line to say the least. Have a great trip!

It sure does.  Luckily I have a couple others with me that can drive as well.   Going to try and get a very good nights sleep Saturday.  It’s been six years since I’ve been up there and that was for Halloween Haunt.  I remember that was so busy you couldn’t move. Just haven’t had a chance to get back up since the.    

Get there early, do the rides in Rivertown first before you do anything else as Rivertown this year has had way longer wait times for rides than other areas due to Mystic Timbers, might as well get them out of the way before the park gets really crowded. 

This weekend is GOING to be a scorcher. Make sure you keep yourself hydrated. I would reccommend either purchasing an all day or if you yourself have a gold pass an all season souvenir cup /(for gold pass) drink program. All day gets you free refills the entire day you are their and 1.00 refills for the rest of the season. 15 for 1, 13 each for 2 and 11 for 3 or more. All season gets you free refills for the entire rest of the season. After tax it is $32.01. Souvenir cup gets free refills every 5 minutes, the disposable cup drink program gets you free refills every 15 minutes from a disposable cup. 

If there is any hint of rain or thunderstorms in the forecast, that may scare people away, Kings Island patrons can be very weather fickle.

Get there early enough to buy the BAF tickets at the gate instead of online before the line gets long, this is one of those rare cases where buying the tickets at the gate are actually overall cheaper than online when you add in the processing fee. 

Remember, up to 4 BAF tickets can be purchased per gold pass. 

Get there at 9:30 and you can bring your friends into Gold Pass ERT (Exclusive Ride Time) when they present their BAF tickets at the gold pass ERT entrances. Ride Mystic Timbers first, wait for Diamondback to open(if its not too long) and then ride The Beast, and then beat out the crowds and ride the rides in Coney Mall and Action Zone. 

Have fun, and make the most out of it, if the weather is good without much rain in the forecast, be prepared for a very crowded day. Numerous Fast Lane locations are located around the park just in case you may want to purchase them.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, jacobliford said:

Thank you very much.   We purchased our tickets from Kroger already.   I just didn’t realize until tonight that they had the bring a friend day going on and didn’t really know what to expect.   Thanks for the great info. 

Youre welcome!

Expect a crowded day, but because of the hot weather many people may go to Soak City instead of the main park, might make the main park not as crowded. 

Good you bought your ticket from Kroger. Good price.

My advice above applies to anybody buying BAF tickets as well as people going into the park. 

• Like 1

Due to unforeseen circumstances my trip got pushed back till July 30th.  Though disappointed maybe it want be quite as crowded that day. 

Just FYI that is KI Fire & Safety weekend. It is a good event.

It offers one free admission ticket to First Responders and discount tickets to their families. Not a traditional busy event.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1