July 21st (Had to get Taken off of Vortex Mid Ride)

Xdog42

To say the least, it was an Interesting trip to Kings Island on Friday, My day started out with me going on Diamondback, for some reason the B&M Rattle on it was more noticeable than it has ever been to me, Usually in my experience its glossy smooth but I guess it was just having a bad day. I also think this very Noticeable Rattle lead to lots of people puking on it, I remember seeing puke on the break run 4 times and also I think they momentarily shut down the green train because someone puked on the seat. I understand people will puke on coasters but I have never seen it at a mass rate like this! After that, I head to Mystic Timbers which probably the best ride of the day for me, the ejector airtime and aggressive banked turns is always fun, It feels like the more I ride it the more I like it. After that ride, I headed to The Beast and I KNOW people are going to say I'm crazy for even making this statement but on Friday it and The Racer (Blue side) really did feel smoother than Diamondback, (I'm not trying to hate on Diamondback as it is my favorite ride in the park I'm just being honest),

After this, I headed to Vortex (which is the main highlight of this trip) where I met @VortexBFForever (sorry if I appeared weird I'm just not the most talkative person when I first meet someone) for the first time! She and her crew are super nice people and from my experience the best ones I have Interacted with! But then Vortex had some Issues so operations on the ride suspended for like 15-20 mins, From what I saw the back of a seat headrest came undone. After some mechanic came and checked it out, I think they blocked off the seats that weren't safe and continued operations on the ride, So there were about 14 other people who waited it out and we got the ride.(I decide to go 5-1) We made it up the chain lift and we went down the wonderful Drop, The first Half wasn't bad I did experience some head banging but it was very tolerable. Then we hit the MCBR and we stop immediately, For like 7 seconds everyone on the train stayed quite there was Literally NO sound. Then someone on the train finally said " Is everything ok" and then people started having their own personal conversations, I was riding by myself and I assumed since the ride just started back up there might be a slight delay and the ride will continue in a minute or so, but to say the least it didn't happen that way. After maybe 3-5 minutes 2 crew member came up and Told us there was a small error and the ride should be continuing in a few minutes, So we stayed up there for maybe another 5 Mins and then they came back up and still said the problem hasn't been fixed yet. They started asking if everyone was ok and they did a Great Job at keeping people calm, and they had simple conversations with people and kept us updated After this more person came up and maybe 30 minutes have passed (and I think the heat was starting to get to people). And then from the back, I could hear one of the Supervisors say to another Supervisor they will likely have to let them down the stairs. So then they made the announcement that they were going to be taken off so they helped us all of the train 1 by 1 and in maybe 5 mins we were all down safely. Once we made it back to the station they gave us all Water, there were a few parents waiting for their kids. They took information from us and asked if we need first-aid, from my knowledge everyone was ok and then they let us go. So I guess My Vortex Count for this season is 1.5, and I also have a cool story to tell people. Although the ride experience wasn't the greatest the overall experience of Being stuck on Vortex was the most fun thing that happened to me that day. The crew really did contribute to that a lot so I have to say thank you to them for making the experience good.

After this, I checked in with My parents and once I told them the story they were a little shocked but not the much, They just expected me to be done with riding coaster but I guess they got shocked when I told them I was gonna ride Banshee and The Bat real quick. Anyways the Banshee was the same as usual, But this was going to be my first time riding The Bat this season and It was Great, But Like Many people have stated I wished it was longer. But it was overall a good ride. After this, I met up with my Family again and we left. But to Say the Least, I will NEVER forget that experience on Vortex, and I do consider it a good one. Hopefully, I'll be able to get to the park again before school so I can get the full experience on 5-1, and my count on Vortex will Always be .5 of something unless I get stuck on the MCBR again but I think the chances of that happening again to me are pretty low...

Edited by Xdog42
Spelling Issues
  • Like 6

Glad everyone is okay, @Xdog42. Vortex hates high heat, especially if it's as hot as yesterday. I was told the heat index was 108 degrees Fahrenheit at the time of your half-ride. :o 

Glad you had a good experience, and I hope you can give Vortex another go soon! It was nice to meet you and I am very glad my crew treated you well! :D 

• Like 4