Kings Island policy on epi-piens?

Emiwuffie

I have been looking everywhere for information on this, can't find an answer. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have to have my epi- pen on me at all times in case I get stang by a wasp/bee/hornet. I just don't if I can bring it in to the park since it could be classified as a weapon due to the needle. Anyone know the answer? 

Thanks. 

59 minutes ago, Emiwuffie said:

I have been looking everywhere for information on this, can't find an answer. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have to have my epi- pen on me at all times in case I get stang by a wasp/bee/hornet. I just don't if I can bring it in to the park since it could be classified as a weapon due to the needle. Anyone know the answer? 

Thanks. 

KI's guest services probably knows the answer and probably knows what procedures you need to follow while carrying it in the park with you (I assume its allowable, but perhaps with some sort of restrictions).  I'd also venture a guess that you can probably find their number on KI's website www.visitkingsisland.com.

For something like this, I wouldn't fully trust any posters information as policies and restrictions can change, even mid season, so one person's experience may not reflect your own.  Aside from that, its pretty easy to find where you can get direct answers from the park.

• Like 1

I carry an insulin pen with me and have never bothered to ask. Security does not say anything. A couple of years ago, the gear in my pen broke, so I went to first aid where they gave me a syringe to draw out my dose and a syringe for the road.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I take an epi-pen inside the park any time I go with my daughter (peanut and tree nut allergy).  I've never been stopped at security or even asked about it.  I take it out at security and put it with my phone each time.  We go many times a year.  I've done the same at Cedar Point with no issues.  She would not be able to be in the park without the epi-pen.  We've never needed it there, but you never know.

• Like 2

I bring my epi-pen with me and have never been questioned about it. If you do bring it in a bag, stop by guest services and they can issue a paper that issue your bag as a medical bag which allows it thru Mystic Timbers, Firehawk and Banshee without an issue.

• Like 3