Can we talk about Vortex?

patrickbateman

I haven't posted here in a long time.  I didn't see any threads about this topic.  I didn't go all the way back but just a few pages.

Just want to get everyone's opinion on something.  How long do you think Vortex will stay around?  Usually Arrow mega loopers will get removed at some point.  Viper at MM is going away this year.  Personally, I don't think they will remove this year or next year.  However, I can see a removal around 2019 and possibly a Giga in 2020 to make up for the removal.  It is an icon of the park.  I love the ride, just like how I love every Arrow I've been on.  Just can't see it lasting much longer.  According to the Arrow doc, the older Arrow tracks will be removed at some point due to all the stress.  

• Like 2

Welcome back!

The subject of Vortex and its possible removal is a controversial topic around here. Some love it and some hate it. If you go over to the Polls section, there is a five-page thread debating Vortex with a wide range of opinions. Here's a direct link: https://KICentral.com/forums/index.php?/topic/32691-the-Vortex-poll/ Check it out and add your thoughts to it! :)

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, jcgoble3 said:

Welcome back!

The subject of Vortex and its possible removal is a controversial topic around here. Some love it and some hate it. If you go over to the Polls section, there is a five-page thread debating Vortex with a wide range of opinions. Here's a direct link: https://KICentral.com/forums/index.php?/topic/32691-the-Vortex-poll/ Check it out and add your thoughts to it! :)

Thanks!  I just didn't know what the policy was for digging up older threads :D

• Like 1

I think Vortex is the best Arrow mega looper ever built.  Those that were built after it were all too tall and too intense.  I think it will be around for at least another 25 years.  

Talking about which ride will be removed next is always a popular thing to do.  I think The Bat and Backlot Stunt Coaster will both be gone long before Vortex.

Vortex has always been one of my favorite rides and Kings Island, not to mention one of my favorite Arrow coasters in general. If I had to guess when it would be removed, I'd guess somewhere around 2020 or 2022. 

I've personally always held a grudge against BLSC.  That ride RUINED the most beautiful part of the park and cost KI one of it's most beloved and original rides.  They took out waterfalls, evergreens, and beautiful foliage for.... shipping containers, a sewer pipe, chain link fence and gravel.

Horrid

• Like 4

1 minute ago, KIBeast said:

Hypothetically speaking, where would anyone suggest placing an antiques car type of ride? Sans removing BL:SC as I don't believe that would happen. 

I could see it in the awkward area between Backlot Stunt Coaster and Diamondback.