Tower Gardens is currently closed

BoddaH1994

I was there yesterday. All of the footers line the walkways of Tower Gardens and down by the clock, which tells me that it is something to do with a display more than a ride. It also implies that Tower Gardens will not be the location of the antique cars (which Screamscape has stated as a probable site), if that is the new attraction for next year.

6 minutes ago, teenageninja said:

Could they be the points where the will anchor the lights for the Christmas Tree on the Tower?

Don't know the locations of all of them to be able to say or not.

That would be an awesomely large tree! i'd like to see that!!

• Like 1

Technically the proper term is footings, not footers.  Footers is the slang term that is often used.

I doubt that they reuse the footings on the train that were used to house the displays from when they had Winterfest in 2005.  

I am excited to see how many lights they have for Winterfest this time around.  They seemed to be lacking in that department with Winterfest 2005.  But then again, after having visited Dollywood`s Smoky Mountain Christmas numerous times, the lights there are amazing, so comparing KI to that is like comparing apples and oranges (at least it was for Winterfest 2005). I hope this incarnation gives it a run for its money.

• Like 10

The old footers on KI & MVRR are not going to be used for Winterfest.   If you look closely as your ride the train now, you will see wooden survey sticks along the way with writing on them representing the components of the 12 days of Christmas.  (there are a few miscellaneous animals thrown in as well)   These wire frames representing the 12 days (just as seen in other city displays) are free standing with post and guide wire supports.   From what I heard, most of the pieces have arrived and are in the new storage building.

Dollywood this past weekend started to hang their lights (but their season starts Nov 4) so would expect as soon as the regular daily schedule ends Aug 20 at KI, they too will start hanging lights.

• Like 3

The old footers on KI & MVRR are not going to be used for Winterfest.   If you look closely as your ride the train now, you will see wooden survey sticks along the way with writing on them representing the components of the 12 days of Christmas.  (there are a few miscellaneous animals thrown in as well)   These wire frames representing the 12 days (just as seen in other city displays) are free standing with post and guide wire supports.

I am excited to see how many lights they have for Winterfest this time around.  They seemed to be lacking in that department with Winterfest 2005.

The train will have the 12 Days of Christmas displays. It's expected to be over a million lights total in the park. The displays and lighting people are Blue Haze Entertainment. I happened to hear/talk to a guy on the train that was here working on design plans. They're working on a way to light the train too.
  • Like 2