Adventure Express Trains

flightoffear1996

Adventure Express hasn't had its third train for several years now--I want to say it was last seen on the track in 2010? I believe it was kept on The Racer-side storage track regularly. I can't recall a time since 2008 (the first year I started getting passes regularly since the 90's) where I've ever seen them running all three. I can remember at least one time in the 90's where they were running all three.

As far as this year goes: if you don't see a train sitting on the storage track, they're probably running two trains, unless something changed within the last week or so. You've just lucked out and had speedy ride operators. They've sent the other train before you got to the brake run. It's happened to me a number of times before.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Maverick44 said:

Do you they still have the 3rd train? I kinda hope they never ever remove AE. Growing up I loved it.

They have the 3rd.  They rotate them out with one train being down each year.  Same with Flight of Fear, if I'm not mistaken.

The reason why the 3rd train isn't being used on AE has to do with dispatch times.  The 3rd block for the trains is on the ending lift hill.  The trains were stopping there frequently - likely as a result of the new seat belts - and continuously starting a lift hill motor with a train on the hill isn't good for it.  

• Like 6

6 hours ago, rhyano said:

Does everything last forever? Nope. Do I personally think that KI isn't touching it anytime soon? Yep.

You could make it last forever, in theory. Every piece on a roller coaster is repairable or replaceable for the right price. One could argue that once every single piece has been replaced, it is no longer the same ride, but honestly the layperson won't know or care either way. The ride seems to still be pretty popular. It regularly has a line on busy days, even if it's a short one (a short line, all day long and a long line, all day long, equate to the same number of riders, as any line at all means that more people want to ride the coaster than its hourly capacity allows). Given that it still draws a sufficient crowd and there is plenty of land available for park expansion, I'd guess that as long as popularity stays where it is and they don't find themselves in need of any repairs too crazy or too expensive, it will be around for many years to come.

• Like 3

Adventure Express won't go anywhere. It's a popular ride that eats people. The 3rd train would set up a lot on the lift hill adding extra stress and also ruining the ride experience. 

The extra FOF train I believe was basically cannibalized for parts. I don't think it even made it to getting the lap bar conversion. Not sure if they did the same with AE or not.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, homestar92 said:

You could make it last forever, in theory. Every piece on a roller coaster is repairable or replaceable for the right price. One could argue that once every single piece has been replaced, it is no longer the same ride, but honestly the layperson won't know or care either way.

See: Hulk at IoA. Then again, Universal has a drastically different budget than Cedar Fair does.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BoddaH1994 said:

Will it last forever?  No.  Will it be going anywhere soon? I'd like to think not, but do not forget that they added a very similar ride catering to a very similar demographic just this year.  Was that for a reason?  Time will tell.

AE is way to popular. MT is also way more intense.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/1/2017 at 0:22 PM, TombRaiderFTW said:

Adventure Express hasn't had its third train for several years now--I want to say it was last seen on the track in 2010? I believe it was kept on The Racer-side storage track regularly. I can't recall a time since 2008 (the first year I started getting passes regularly since the 90's) where I've ever seen them running all three. I can remember at least one time in the 90's where they were running all three.

2009 was the last year the third train sat on the transfer.

• Like 2

LOL, This brings back memories of my first post on this website, about AE getting RMC. Whenever I go back to read that post I cringe so much because my grammar on it was so awful and the total idea of AE becoming an RMC was so stupid in the first place. But in all seriousness, I don't think AE is going anywhere. I can't say much about the ride experience because I haven't got on it this year, and I really can't recall the ride experience from the last time I rode it (back in 2013 before I was even into coasters). But from what I see it looks like a pretty solid family coaster.

• Like 1