Six Flags Fiesta Texas 2018 Wonder Woman Golden Lasso

The first Rocky Mountain Construction "Raptor" track roller coaster has been announced for Six Flags Fiesta Texas.

"Wonder Woman will climb a 113-foot hill, drop about 100 feet straight down at 90-degrees, and hit a top speed of 52 mph. It will include overbanked turns and the free-floating sensation known as airtime. Among its three inversions will be a "180-degree stall," in which the train will roll halfway over and suspend riders for a few agonizing moments before it unrolls and returns them right-side-up."

636372912870100468-Wonder-Woman-single-r

Link to USA Today Article

• Like 9

Yes, single rider per car.  From the renderings the trains will only have 8 cars per train, so only 8 riders per train.  Not exactly a capacity machine.  But looks like a fun ride for smaller parks.  

One of these days, I will get out to both SF parks in Texas.

Mystic Timbers has the same capacity on one train compared to the combined capacity of the trains on this new coaster (if they even run 3 trains).

My analysis- I'm not hating on the park, or the chain for doing something knew and exciting but it doesn't seem like it'll work. I'm really surprised they didn't for the T-Rex track instead of the Raptor- T-Rex= twice the capacity of a Raptor coaster. I'm not too crazy about the name or the color scheme for that matter. Don't get me wrong, I'd ride it in a heartbeat if I had the chance, but I think this could have been done a little bit better. 

There are gonna be long lines

• Like 2

My original theory was this: "Depending on the crew, I'd think checking the bars (and seatbelts?) would be a bit faster than usual as there is one ride per row instead of two, but I could be wrong"... however, upon further thought, I realized that at least at KI, they assign one ride op to check each side before dispatch (which would be almost the same idea). However, checking/dispatch could still be faster than expected as there are 8 rows instead of say, 15 (specifically, I was thinking of Adventure Express). I still don't know, though...

20 hours ago, goettablitz said:

The 2 across version is called Trex track.

Thanks goettablitz!

Then I am wondering why only the one seat version for that large of a park? I can't imagine that anyone larger than MIA would want one with such low capacity. From what I understand, their ops aren't so quick. 

• Like 1

I have seen it reported that the ride will have a conveyor belt station.  While that alone will not fix capacity issues it will help.  The problem is these kind of setups are complex and frequently subject to maintenance and downtime issues.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Kenban said:

I have seen it reported that the ride will have a conveyor belt station.  While that alone will not fix capacity issues it will help.  The problem is these kind of setups are complex and frequently subject to maintenance and downtime issues.

I hated the conveyor belt station on Rocket at Universal.  My wife was more hesitant to climb in.

I am assuming that Six Flags went with Raptor track instead of Trex is likely cost.  The Raptor track would be cheaper and Six Flags has not been making big, high capacity additions to their parks lately.  SIX has been adding the 4d free fly coasters and larson loopers marketed as coasters everywhere.  Both are relatively inexpensive and low capacity.  Also the RMC remodels are cheaper than tearing the existing ride down and building a new one.  The rumor as to why The Boss has not been RMC'd yet is also cost due to its large size.

• Like 1

Between this and the S&S Free Fly's, SIX has been building a lot of new coasters with below par capacity for the crowds they see.  I'm guessing its to sell more Flash Passes.

Seriously, the last B&M they've built in the whole chain was X-Flight at SFGAm.  RMC's have decent capacity I suppose, and I get the need for variety, especially at a park like SFMM where they practically have every type of coaster, but I think their choice in new rides could be better capacity wise. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, silver2005 said:

Stuff like this is also a reason I like how CF is much more thorough and does their research into new ride technology before implementing it.  

You might want to wait until after the ride announcements on August 16th to make this statement.  RMC has officially announced that TWO parks are getting Raptor coasters next year.  Many enthusiasts believe the announcement for California's Great America will be the second Raptor coaster.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Kenban said:

^^ It is in the parks press release "A moving loading station to expedite entering and exiting the ride"

While it does not explicitly say it is a conveyor belt we have the ride layout and know the station is straight.

Thank you! I haven't seen the press release anywhere until now (I didn't actively look for it either).