Haunt 2017

Bradenwhite

2 hours ago, SonofBaconator said:

I kinda miss the days when simple path ways were converted into Haunt paths like the construction site and the original Backwards Bayou. I also wish they brought back the train as a haunt attraction where there could be a show along the tracks

They don't have that anymore? That was such an improvement when they started it back in like 05.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

Then why start clearing it out now? Why not wait until the off-season?

This off season will be extremely short due to winterfest. Since someone already said it in the 2018 thread, I will say it is a version of Island Smokehouse being built in the space. Right now they are working on cleaning out the massive warehouse, which when I worked there was completely filled with all sorts of junk. Not to mention, Night vending has an office/space in there, so there is a lot of relocating they need to do. Right now I'd assume they are using the summer associates to help clean out the space.

• Like 4

On 8/11/2017 at 10:36 PM, SpectralBeacon said:

Edit: Also as a secondary kind of question, do they always assign specific houses? my friends who worked at haunt before were more in the Carnevil and freak street area which had more of my attention

Yes, they always assign specific houses.  Your friends that worked there before in the Carnevil/Freak Street area would have been assigned to either Carnevil or Freak Street.  It definitely helps to have the same actors in the same attractions not only so that they know the house, the storyline, what type of scares work there, but also for safety factors such as location of the nearest fire extinguisher, emergency exits and procedures, etc.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, nhimes90 said:

This off season will be extremely short due to winterfest. Since someone already said it in the 2018 thread, I will say it is a version of Island Smokehouse being built in the space. Right now they are working on cleaning out the massive warehouse, which when I worked there was completely filled with all sorts of junk. Not to mention, Night vending has an office/space in there, so there is a lot of relocating they need to do. Right now I'd assume they are using the summer associates to help clean out the space.

Yeah, I can also confirm the restaurant, (though he didn't know the details), one of the employees in Attitudes said there was a restaurant coming next season.  The other employee was stocking the shelves with some really old, beat up sirens that looked 15-20 years old, (I wish I were joking).

• Like 1

On 8/14/2017 at 1:09 PM, D-Back Fan said:

Yeah, I can also confirm the restaurant, (though he didn't know the details), one of the employees in Attitudes said there was a restaurant coming next season.  The other employee was stocking the shelves with some really old, beat up sirens that looked 15-20 years old, (I wish I were joking).

Yeah, I'm sure they're trying to get rid of a bunch of stuff they found from years ago. That's also the warehouse we threw a bunch of the leftover paramount stuff that didn't sell, so we might see some of that older stuff re-appear. 

• Like 2

I'd say there's a chance, since Mystic Timbers has completed construction. However, it sounds like they were already marking out for Winterfest stuff along the route, so they may not run it so they have more time to prep for that. 

While I wasn't satisfied with how Tombstone Terror-tory was implemented when I went through, I think there is a lot of potential for using the trains during Haunt. 

And welcome to KIC!

• Like 1

Two things make me think that the train will not be running during Haunt - 1) There is a boiler permit issued by the state for the steam engines to operate X number of hours per year. The train did not run for 2005 Haunt so it could run during Winterfest that year. There is a small chance with the over one year notice of the Christmas event, the boiler permit could have included the extra hours needed to run for both Haunt and Winterfest. 2) The 12 days of Christmas are already being staged over the train route so I doubt the train will run much past Labor Day. (as posted in a previous post, the survey markers along the train route are already tagged with what wire frame display will go where)

• Like 1

I posted this question in about place before I saw this topic but it may be better suited here. The question is, I've never been to haunt before and not that into haunted houses in general, what is the layout and operation of haunt? Just looking for some general info as to what kind of things will be operating and what there will be to do. 

• Like 1