Haunt 2017

Bradenwhite

1 hour ago, Cmhornblessed said:

I posted this question in about place before I saw this topic but it may be better suited here. The question is, I've never been to haunt before and not that into haunted houses in general, what is the layout and operation of haunt? Just looking for some general info as to what kind of things will be operating and what there will be to do. 

All the rides in the adult sections of the park will be open except Congo Falls and WWC (maybe sans a few flat rides depending on staffing on Friday nights), but Planet Snoopy will be closed.  You can still walk through it, but none of the rides will be operating.  

1 hour ago, silver2005 said:

All the rides in the adult sections of the park will be open except Congo Falls and WWC (maybe sans a few flat rides depending on staffing on Friday nights), but Planet Snoopy will be closed.  You can still walk through it, but none of the rides will be operating.  

Thanks for the info. I know there will be haunt houses which I assume will be like haunted houses set to different themes, I have also heard about mazes, what are they? Are there also open air scare zones?

To repeat what I said in the other place you asked:

"Most of the rides outside Planet Snoopy are open as usual. In addition, there are several Haunt Mazes, which are like small haunted houses you can walk through, with heavy theming and costumed and made-up performers whose job it is to scare you (lines for these will often be longer than for the rides). Also, some areas of the park are "scare zones" where performers are out working the crowds walking around. There are some special shows. The entire park is often consumed by fog machines. There is a much more dark and adult vibe to the whole thing than the regular season."

Some of the mazes are open-air, but most are enclosed. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Magenta Lizard said:

To repeat what I said in the other place you asked:

"Most of the rides outside Planet Snoopy are open as usual. In addition, there are several Haunt Mazes, which are like small haunted houses you can walk through, with heavy theming and costumed and made-up performers whose job it is to scare you (lines for these will often be longer than for the rides). Also, some areas of the park are "scare zones" where performers are out working the crowds walking around. There are some special shows. The entire park is often consumed by fog machines. There is a much more dark and adult vibe to the whole thing than the regular season."

Some of the mazes are open-air, but most are enclosed. 

Thanks so much, this helps! It sounds like a great time.

• Like 3

I took a drive to Sandusky last year for their Haunt, and was extremely disappointed. While I believe Cedar Fair's haunt season is underwhelming company wide, Kings Island has undoubtedly the best Haunt in the chain. However, if you're going to KI expecting  Universal's Halloween Horror Nights, you'll be very disappointed. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Coaster Addict said:

Kings Island has undoubtedly the best Haunt in the chain. However, if you're going to KI expecting  Universal's Halloween Horror Nights, you'll be very disappointed. 

I suspect you have not been to Knott's Scary Farm.  Out of the Halloween events at Cedar Fair parks it is easily the best I have seen.  I would also say it is better than HHN in Hollywood but not as good as Orlando.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Tombstone Terror-tory was the maze that ran along the WWC path, after taking the train to the otherwise unused station near the engine shed. I think it has been gone two years, but definitely last year, it wasn't there because of the reroute of the WWC queue and the building of Mystic Timbers. There doesn't seem to be a new maze that will utilize the train at all this year, but no idea whether they will run the train during Haunt or not. I'm suspecting they won't. 

Delta Delta Die (or Sorority House as it had been renamed) will not be returning, nor will another maze likely take its place, as it is strongly rumored that whole building is being converted to a new restaurant. 

^Yes, and there were decorations on the train route last year too. They more or less /have/ to run the train to transport people back and forth to the children's event over in Soak City in the daytime on Saturdays and Sundays. That doesn't mean they will run it during Haunt itself: they didn't last year. 

Boo! All the other attractions were lame. Not a scare anywhere. At least on the walkway from the train, you couldn't really see people all that well until they were right on you. It was cooler and the fog hung very well.

I'm looking at pictures online from Haunt 2007. It looks like they had a scare zone called Wasteland that year in Action Zone. Since it's been 10 years since Fear Fest was upgraded to Haunt, maybe they want to bring some things back perhaps?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, Melody said:

Guess theres no Fright Feast buffet in the picnic grove area this year? All I see online is a ticket with a single day meal deal. That sucks it was awesome last year and came with a front of the line maze pass we put to good use.

I was disappointed. The sign out front told what the deal was, and then what the up-charges were for passes. There were no asterisks, no fine print, no other markings at all. When we arrived and paid, we were told the souvenir cup was not included for the season pass-up-charge. Seemed pretty lame since that was the last opening day for the year. We ended up having to go back through the drink line over an over. 

16 hours ago, Melody said:

Guess theres no Fright Feast buffet in the picnic grove area this year? All I see online is a ticket with a single day meal deal. That sucks it was awesome last year and came with a front of the line maze pass we put to good use.

This was our go to Friday ritual last year.  Fright Feast then wander around a bit and utilize that front of line pass (always got the skeleton key room if we chose a haunt that featured this) and repeat the next Friday.  We even got a discount with the season meal deal so the fright feast was maybe $5 i think?  i forget, but i remember i got a nice discount on that.  Maybe it will be back but isn't advertised yet??  Fingers crossed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beerman_IPA said:

This was our go to Friday ritual last year.  Fright Feast then wander around a bit and utilize that front of line pass (always got the skeleton key room if we chose a haunt that featured this) and repeat the next Friday.  We even got a discount with the season meal deal so the fright feast was maybe $5 i think?  i forget, but i remember i got a nice discount on that.  Maybe it will be back but isn't advertised yet??  Fingers crossed.

Sorry guys but I asked on Twitter and they said they aren't doing fright feast this year. :(

https://twitter.com/KingsIslandPR/status/910200045491965952

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, BoddaH1994 said:

A Haunt wedding?

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/haunted-wedding

We are currently taking bets on how long these nuptials last.

Well, if they choose me and my husband (we haven't actually gotten legally married or had a wedding), probably a good long time, because we've already been together 19 years this fall and considered ourselves married almost ten. 

This is so perfect for us, I have been completely on edge since I discovered it a couple days ago . I probably won't get picked so I'm trying to slow my roll, but it's difficult because I want this SO BAD. I love Kings Island. I love Halloween. Even Friday the 13th has special meaning in my family (my grandfather was born on one so we always considered them lucky). If they let Jim shoot off fireworks afterward is probably about the only way it could be more perfect. We've always wanted to have a fun wedding rather than a serious one.

So wish us luck! If we win, you're all invited :)

• Like 10

1 hour ago, pkifreak23 said:

Sorry guys but I asked on Twitter and they said they aren't doing fright feast this year. :(

https://twitter.com/KingsIslandPR/status/910200045491965952

Ah bummer :(   First we are down a maze and now this!?   <shakes fist at the haunt gods> Why do you taunt me KI with no Fright Feast!!??   Still, i am super excited for Friday!!

Does anyone else remember I believe it was Haunt 3 years ago the Reds Hall of Fame Grill did an all you can eat wing buffet for a few of the Friday nights. They had fried pickles and caesar salad too it was like the best thing EVER. I really wish they would do that again!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Melody said:

Does anyone else remember I believe it was Haunt 3 years ago the Reds Hall of Fame Grill did an all you can eat wing buffet for a few of the Friday nights. They had fried pickles and caesar salad too it was like the best thing EVER. I really wish they would do that again!

Oh, I remember. It was cheap too.  It was much more than 3 years ago, though. My, time has slipped away!

• Like 1