Haunt 2017

Bradenwhite

4 minutes ago, DubVLegend said:

So after reading this whole thread and checking he Haunt site it seems that The Viewing won't be returning..... or anything similar. That's kinda sad I enjoyed the new edition and would like to see it return or something similar. Also they don't seem to indicate which haunts have a skeleton key room this year... anyone know anything about that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Per https://www.visitkingsisland.com/blog/2017/september/halloween-haunt-returns-to-kings-island-for-6-weekends?page=1 the following will have Skeleton Key rooms: Backwoods Bayou, KillMart, Madame Fatale’s Cavern of Terror, Slaughter House and Urgent Scare. There’s also a standalone Skeleton Key room, The Viewing, which has evening services each night at Halloween Haunt.

• Like 2

Per https://www.visitkingsisland.com/blog/2017/september/halloween-haunt-returns-to-kings-island-for-6-weekends?page=1 the following will have Skeleton Key rooms: Backwoods Bayou, KillMart, Madame Fatale’s Cavern of Terror, Slaughter House and Urgent Scare. There’s also a standalone Skeleton Key room, The Viewing, which has evening services each night at Halloween Haunt.

Good find! Thank you sir. They should really mark The Viewing on the Haunt map though.

• Like 1

Wow!!! So after chugh34 pointing out how I missed some materials on the website that proved to be super handy I stumbled across the #HauntedWedding!! What a super cool idea! My fiancé and I had our first date at Kings Island and go there whenever we get the chance. And as some of you may already know we also got engaged in front of the royal fountain on June 30th.
ee176ce1ed53e05bd7952a2e9112a05a.jpg
It also just so happens that our favorite event at #KingsIsland is the Haunt. To beat it all the wedding takes place on 10/13/2017 the date of the KICentral meetup and we already planned to be there for my birthday which is on the 16th. It seems fate may be at work so I just filled out an entry. I didn't think it would be possibly to "one up" the surprise proposal in front of the royal fountain... but what if it was followed by a surprise haunted wedding in the same place we got engaged??!?!! Everyone cross your fingers for me please!

• Like 7

I would assume that is how they'll fix it. Just an oversight.

It does make me wonder about last year. I know that until a few weeks into this season, dining plans could be used even if the owner hadn't entered the turnstiles. So that is why this "kicking out" was first noticed Friday night. However, I wonder if the plan was used after midnight last year, if the meal counted off the new day? I'm fairly sure I used my plan after midnight Friday on some occasions, but I never go on Saturdays so I wouldn't have noticed if it counted against Saturday instead of Friday. 

Funny, I'm kind of crossing my fingers for Dub and his fiancé at this point :)

I would absolutely love to win, but Jim is less enthusiastic about it. And there's something about that that certainly doesn't feel right. We've waited almost 20 years so far to get married, I can wait longer for something we both are excited about!

(but I better be invited up to the reception if it's in the International Restaurant ;) )

• Like 5

Thanks for the update and enjoy the show! :D

For those who don't know, even though Haunt technically starts at 7 PM on Saturday nights, indoor mazes open at 6 PM. I say this as Saturday nights are usually super busy and my tip is that if there's an indoor maze you really want to do, get there early and do it first. I got to "Beast Path" at 5:15 and was part of the first group for Slaughter House when it opened around 6 PM. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, malem said:

Yesterday, the wait behind a full tent at Field of Screams was about 20-25 minutes after the maze opened at 8:00. Since it's hard to know how full the queue is after it opens, getting in line beforehand is a great idea.

I was outside by Kill Mart in line before 8 and it took 45 minutes to get to the front. 

Yah last year we waited over 2 hours for it not realizing how far back the line went into the woods. So Friday night from 6-7:20 we did Blackout / Wolf Pack / Bored To Death / Kill Mart and Urgent Scare. The girl by the Field of Screams entrance said at 7:30 we can start lining up. We thought about trying to go and do one more haunt but decided to just wait. We were 2nd in line and good thing we didn't leave and come back because they opened the tent and by 8 the line was probably at least an hour long

We went for our first time to haunt this past Friday, real last minute plan as we live 2 hours away. I had not read this thread as I didn't want to know anything in advance. KI is my home park now that I moved to Kentucky but I have always had Cedar Point in my heart as my home park growing up in Detroit. 

Last year we went to Halloweekends and I'm not knocking it, I loved all the decorating and themes they had and the houses were decent but I was disappointed in the mazes. 

Hands down KI has a much better haunt, which I really did not expect. We got there after the gates had already opened which was probably a good thing as I have a hard time standing. I always get a ride pass as I truly need it. Last year I had no clue it could be used on the haunted attractions but it did, they just took us through the fright lane. 

KI for the most part was the same thing, except fields of scream, that girl had attitude and told us come back at 1230, no thanks I planned on leaving by then. A sort of cool thing happened after that though, we went to urgent scare, they were as nice as could be and took us in the fright lane. We waited a little longer than usual, the reason being they were waiting for the skeleton key room, I didn't know what to do so just went along w it. That was the best part! We are going back to CP the last weekend in Oct and I know on Sun their skeleton key is cheap, in going to get them as I will use my ride pass for the outdoor mazes on Fri and Sat. 

We by no means got to do everything but were really happy. We got our first ride on beast at night and wow now I really know what all the talk is about! I also loved Diamondback and Mystic Timbers at night too. We did slaughterhouse which was ok, cavern of terror we liked, urgent scare and kill mart which just didn't have enough actors in it. 

The one thing we also tried to get the most out of our meal plan and ate at 730, about midnight right before leaving we went to get our 2nd meal, what we ran into was the stands being out of stuff, we went to fest haus, I had been thinking about panda express all evening, of course the girl in front on me got the last orange chicken, no low mein, beef and broccoli so I went across thinking I would just get a salad to take home, nope sold out. Made our way to the front and that larosas was also out of salads so I just got some pizza and called it a day. 

I think this was the best visit we have had to KI ever. Last year I also did Busch Gardens Hollowsreams which is why I thought I was disappointed at CP, nope KI is just as good as Busch Gardens was. 

I would like to go every Fri buy we will see about the weather. I know Fri the 13th we really want to go. What is this big group every one is talking about that's going?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Magenta Lizard said:

Yeah, I saw you too, but you looked like you were with somebody and I didn't want you to have to explain why a weird old woman was shouting your name across the tent :)

I didn't even see the other two until later in the evening. 

Ha! I was about to wave but there was so many people in there I didn't want to make a scene.

Can't imagine the amount of people there was waiting on Saturday.

1 hour ago, JubJester said:

Ha! I was about to wave but there was so many people in there I didn't want to make a scene.

Can't imagine the amount of people there was waiting on Saturday.

Saturday was INSANE.  The afternoon was nice.  From about 1-4 was like a normal summer weekday.  MT and Diamondback were about 25 minuet waits.  Haunt was completely different.  We hit the indoor haunts from 6-7 no problem.  Got to Field of Screams early, Bayou wasn’t bad either. After 9, we didn’t do hardly anything else.  Beast was over 90 minutes, Banshee was over 45.  Wolfpack was lined through every switchback, even the ground level ones.  Ended up riding The Bat on a station wait and left at 10:30.  Crowds aside, had a great night!!!

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, chad_1138 said:

Saturday was INSANE.  The afternoon was nice.  From about 1-4 was like snorkel summer weekday.  MT and Diamondback were about 25 minuet waits.  Haunt was completely different.  We hit the indoor haunts from 6-7 no problem.  Got to Field of Screams early, Bayou wasn’t bad either. After 9, we didn’t do hardly anything else.  Beast was over 90 minutes, Banshee was over 45.  Wolfpack was lined through every switchback, even the ground level ones.  Ended up riding The Bat on a station wait and left at 10:30.  Crowds aside, had a great night!!!

I went for two hours, as soon as I walked in I saw The Beast line was over 60. We only rode Banshee and went through Wolf Pack.

• Like 2

I had Fast Lane Plus and Fright Lane for Saturday. Had a really good day on Saturday, up to the very last ride for us on The Beast right around closing, they were a Guest smoking while on the ride. They lit up going up the first lift. So then they flicked it after we went down the first drop and it came pretty close to hitting me, it did not thank goodness, but needless to say I was pretty mad. I'd would have thought of they were paying attention to the camera they should have been able to see this and then take care of the problem.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

On 9/28/2017 at 4:49 PM, Magenta Lizard said:

I'm fairly certain International Street Skyline and LaRosas are open until 1, and I know Chick-Fil-A was last Friday. 

I wonder... Is Chick-Fil-A open until the end of Haunt Saturday nights?  If so, that means they're technically open on Sunday since the park closes at 1:00 am Sunday morning, which is goes against their company policy of not being open on Sundays.

Sorry, random thoughts going through my head...

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

This past Saturday I visited my first horror maze of the season. As some of my buddies often know me for my "bravery" on coasters they wanted to see how I would react on the spot, to horror actors and jumps scares. We visited Scareatorium, "Columbus' priemer haunted house". However I was let down with a quite bland, expensive ($22 for general admission), And not so frightening experience. The scare actors were decent however, didn't try to conceal their ways. To put this into perspective, voices of scare actors talking amongst others could be heard while I was walking through the maze. I have gathered some photos via Scareatorium's site and wanted to share. To note, I only have TRULY visited Cedar Points haunt, in comparison of price, quality and fear factor I was quite let down with Scareatorium.

IMG_1962.PNG

3F710358-6AB8-44FA-AD86-8D9F301C523A-298-000000194F8AF581.png

22EBF0AF-7E90-4D14-84A3-04A4EA4B13E9-298-000000195A05B63E.gif

15 hours ago, Hmrapp said:

This past Saturday I visited my first horror maze of the season. As some of my buddies often know me for my "bravery" on coasters they wanted to see how I would react on the spot, to horror actors and jumps scares. We visited Scareatorium, "Columbus' priemer haunted house". However I was let down with a quite bland, expensive ($22 for general admission), And not so frightening experience. The scare actors were decent however, didn't try to conceal their ways. To put this into perspective, voices of scare actors talking amongst others could be heard while I was walking through the maze. I have gathered some photos via Scareatorium's site and wanted to share. To note, I only have TRULY visited Cedar Points haunt, in comparison of price, quality and fear factor I was quite let down with Scareatorium.

IMG_1962.PNG

3F710358-6AB8-44FA-AD86-8D9F301C523A-298-000000194F8AF581.png

22EBF0AF-7E90-4D14-84A3-04A4EA4B13E9-298-000000195A05B63E.gif

Mazed houses have a really big flaw in not being able to predict or control the flow of people. It would be really difficult to do very well. You need to be able to set the room each time, get back into position, know generally when people will be there, what direction they will basically be facing.

Not to mention if the lul in people takes to long, actors will get bored.

• Like 1