Haunt 2017

Bradenwhite

13 minutes ago, harmony29 said:

I know I shouldn't care what anyone thinks, heck that's one of the first things I learned in Alanon, but I think it's my pride because I would give anything to be able to stand in line again, I'm young looking so I know people don't realize there's something wrong.

My advise is to not make eye contact with those at the gate as it serves no purpose and if they do say something unkind you are less likely to notice it.   Brushing it off, while noble, takes energy you likely don't have to spare.  

• Like 4

21 hours ago, harmony29 said:

I booked our room today for Friday.  Red Roof Inn has a flash sale and I got the room for $54.99. If anyone needs to code, it's good til tomorrow I think.  We had a lot of fun meeting up with people a couple weeks ago, would love to do it again!  I'm also hoping the weather forecast will deter people.

is it the red roof in Mason? If so, I'd be very wary of staying there.  I did a couple of years ago and found the place to be rundown, dirty, full of stains all over the carpet, the smell of smoke everywhere and a general lack of upkeep. They also apparently had a liberal pet policy so I heard big dogs barking all night.  That plus the 'manager' had a lot of his sketchy looking friends over to party that night.  Maybe its improved, but if you're looking for something a bit better, there are other, better choices.

• Like 2

I'm coming down at park open, meeting up with my cousins, and wearing LOTS of layers.  :)  I'll be with them for tonight, but tomorrow I'm coming after the 5k I'm doing and that would be the most opportune time to rendezvous with some of you. :)  

Game plan for tonight is to ride steel coasters in case it's too cold for them to start up tomorrow.

• Like 2

I'm coming down at park open, meeting up with my cousins, and wearing LOTS of layers.    I'll be with them for tonight, but tomorrow I'm coming after the 5k I'm doing and that would be the most opportune time to rendezvous with some of you.   
Game plan for tonight is to ride steel coasters in case it's too cold for them to start up tomorrow.
I'll be there tonight with my GP friend who is stoked! I'll be there tomorrow and Sunday too.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

• Like 4

After going thru Wolf Pack last night, I actually saw a few of them getting ready to head out (I recognized the skull-faced guy as he's usually the greeter every time I've gone thru Backwoods). I really love that the roamers went to the mazes last night as it was nice to see some (other) familiar faces in Bored to Death, Slaughter House and Madame's. 

EDIT: It was rumored that Evil Santa was there (specifically, in Urgent Scare), but alas, I did not see him (and Undertaker told me he wasn't there). Still had a blast, though! :D

• Like 2

I really like Blood Drums a lot. Not sure why they do not have their own thread because they are really talented. I don’t understand why the sound seems like you can’t hear the drums as well as you would think. Well I would think. I also wish they’d have a live DJ. that would be incredible. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ellie said:

Someone told me they were down a drummer tonight. From where we were standing I couldn’t see over the tall people in front. 

Yes, Bruce was not feeling well. He did the 7:30 show but not the 8:30. We did not catch any more as we were rising and winding up the day. Crystal stepped in for Destroy Them with Drums and the guys adapted it well. Hope he is feeling better tomorrow for the last shows of the season

• Like 3

Hey, I was wondering, is there like a way to listen to Kings Island's Haunt background Music? It's not a particular song that I'm talking about, sorry it's a bit hard to explain, its the main background tune that's playing throughout the course of the entire Haunt from 6pm to 1am, like it seems like it goes through an hour of music, and then after an hour or so has passed the tune replays itself, it's like the main background music for Haunt, there's no words at all if anyone knows what I'm talking about. Like at some point of the tune, it plays something with a loud high-pitched sound that the whole area can hear, and then after that it repeats itself one more time and the duration is a little longer. it goes like ting ting ting ting---- ting ting ting ting, and then there's a few second pause and that loud noise repeats, it happens every hour as part of the background music of Haunt, is there a way to listen to the Haunt's background music that's always playing over the PA during Haunt hours? Thanks so much

• Like 2

@pianolover2 I highly suspect you are talking about "The Cat From Hell Suite" (by Chaz Jankle) from Tales from the Darkside: The Movie.

I have no idea how I missed out on this movie when it came out, because I had loved the anthology series on TV when I was a girl, but I was able to watch it soon after I learned of its existence a couple years ago. In the middle of watching The Cat from Hell, I nearly choked and shouted "that's it!" 

I had always wondered where that particular music from Haunt came from, too, because I recognize which movies provide most of the other themes they play. It was really weird to have run into it suddenly and randomly.

There is a recording on YouTube of the entire soundtrack, but I'll try to find one that features just the Cat track, or at least give you a time when it comes in, so you can see if that's it. If it's not I'll be very surprised tho. 

Edit: ok, it's from about 19 minutes in, through the 30 minute mark, of this video:

• Like 2