Haunt 2017

Bradenwhite

Short description of The Viewing behind spoiler

I haven't done it this year, but last year it was a VERY short Escape the Room type thing. It is only in the hallway just inside the doors, not the theater itself. A whiteboard held the story of the man whose body we were viewing, in a coffin on one end of the room. Blank spaces within the story were to be filled, using information garnered from items around the room. I think we were given a timer of about a minute and a half to do this to "win", but it took nearly that long just to read out the story so people knew what spaces needed filled. I think my team got about a third of the way through before we were rushed back out. It took about as much time to explain what we needed to do as we were given to try to do it, and I was fairly disappointed by the experience.  I had been really looking forward to it beforehand. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, chugh43 said:

Did anyone else happen to see Kings Island's Snap Chat today with the removed rides graveyard? 

Wondering if anyone here has pictures of the rides featured. 

My screenshots aren't great (still figuring out the swipe thing). You can still access the snap after viewing if you scroll down to the bottom. I'll try to send the good ones to you tmw.

Edited to add...or did you mean of the rides themselves, not the tombstones? I blame the two days of kindergartners and early start times! 

Just now, electricsun said:

My screenshots aren't great (still figuring out the swipe thing). You can still access the snap after viewing if you scroll down to the bottom. I'll try to send the good ones to you tmw.

Let me rephrase....I have the screenshots of the snaps.....I'm wondering if anyone has pictures of the actual rides :)

@timfsu2k: Probably because they want to discourage people from going out to their cars, having certain beverages, and then coming back in? Someone else could maybe better answer this question better (@malem or @IndyGuy4KI?).

Also, I have a question: I went thru Bored to Death twice last night as I was impressed by the maze's detail/theming with all the games. However, I was wondering: what game is in the third room (before Battleship?)? I know it has a troll thing and looks to have ladders, but Chutes and Ladders is right around the corner, so it can't be that). Finally, I had a great time last night, saw Hot Blooded for the first time (so much talent!) and was brave and did Blackout first thing (thank you again @Magenta Lizard for coming with me!). Also got to hang out with Sam and his crazy family (they even had me do the Hokey Pokey! :D) as well as having Madame's mostly all to myself, which threw an interesting element of being alone and trying to escape into the mix!. Urgent Scare and Field of Screams were also good, and I highly recommend staying with the group- the folks in the corn maze do not like you exploring their corn field- trust me! Finally, I did all the mazes in one night, which was cool. 

• Like 2

Anyone know why they will not let you re-enter the park after 7:00?

From what I've heard, it's because they don't want people going out to their cars doing dumb things ( drinking, drugs, partying, etc). So it's mainly just a safety issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Gannersdaddy said:

No. There are some explosing from the show's and Blood Drums has the pyrotechnics (as does the fountain )

Hmm, my daughter wanted fireworks. Maybe if she isn't terrified right from the start I'll check blood drums out

15 minutes ago, Stoan said:

Hmm, my daughter wanted fireworks. Maybe if she isn't terrified right from the start I'll check blood drums out

I would get there early to get up front. We went by at 7 for the 7:30 show and folks were already lined up. I am hoping it calms down so we can catch a later show and the rain holds off (they stop the show for rain)

9 minutes ago, Skyrider said:

Is Kings Island crowded now?  I wasn't sure if the expected rain kept some away and also I hear some high schools have Homecoming tonight.

Yes, it is crowded.  Diamondback is a solid hour wait and Mystic Timbers is an hour and a half. Been hoping for rain but it keeps moving back

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gannersdaddy said:

Yes, it is crowded.  Diamondback is a solid hour wait and Mystic Timbers is an hour and a half. Been hoping for rain but it keeps moving back

Thanks for the update.  I went last night and it wasn't too bad of a crowd especially later in the evening.  Was considering to come tonight since I live close by.

It cleared out after the rain hit.  It was like everyone was acting like the Wicked Witch of the West.

Was with some family members tonight, and we decided to hit Slaughterhouse on our way back to the front after the rain started, and that was the BEST decision ever. They had close to ten actors that usually roam the park in there. There was such an amazing energy/vibe in there and it was packed in there. Amazing amount of actors and they got everyone at least once. An amazing experience. (They also had some in KillMart, one included the Yeti who was freaking a kid out in front of me.)

If it rains when you happen to go, do the mazes. Just a great moment.

• Like 4

Good to know that the roamers were invading the other mazes during the rain storm (and also, that Slaughter House was rolling on all cylinders!). For the few times there was inclement weather during Haunt, I saw some roaming Festhaus (but this may have been a few years ago). Also, while driving home from work (during the end of said rain storm, mind you...), I passed KI and thought about the fate of the roamers (as well as those in Backwoods) during this weather.

• Like 1

Well, I got my rain. It was just a couple hours later than I wanted. Diamondback went down followed by the rest. We roamed the park and ended up at Urgent Scare. It was fun, I guess. Everyone was nice. What was the coolest was that we had never been back in that section of the park. Getting a.new view of WindSeeker and Racer was pretty cool.

Made it back around to Diamondback after seeing a closed down Blood Drums stage only to find that no ride were going to reopen. Maybe just as good, as the rain was coming down harder.

All in all, a pretty.good.day/ night 

• Like 3

Made a trip on Saturday and I just want to give a great big shout out to costuming. There were some absolutely beautiful characters that I just wish I could have spent more time with. There was an amazing bird woman around MT that had so much detail. 

• Like 3

Another Haunt question, I missed going last week had too many weekend errands pop up. And I'm sadly going to miss the Friday meet up since I work till 5 and I just know after this week I'llbe tired from work. But the main reason is I am going Saturday so I can spend all day at the park, that way I can get certain rides done during the day and focus on mazes etc at night. Plus I like the idea of making an endurance run of being there for 14 hours. What time in the morning does the gate open for the parking lot. Is it an hour prior to park opening like during the regular season? Do Gold Pass memebers get Early Ride Times during Haunt?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DMann1979 said:

What time in the morning does the gate open for the parking lot. Is it an hour prior to park opening like during the regular season?

Yes, I believe it is one hour before the advertised park opening. I see no reason to believe it would be different during Haunt, as it hasn't differed in the past.

1 hour ago, DMann1979 said:

Do Gold Pass memebers get Early Ride Times during Haunt?

Saturdays and Sundays only. There is no ERT on Fridays during Haunt.

• Like 1