Haunt 2017

Bradenwhite

On 10/14/2017 at 11:02 PM, Gannersdaddy said:

Trying to decide what is scariest tonight: the haunts, the roaming scare actors, or the ride and food / drink lines. LOL

That's what I heard. It wasn't any better up north at Cedar Point. Valravn had a 2 hour and 30 minute wait (probably even more). With a FastLane line of 60 minutes. Some of the mazes had 2 and a half our waits too.

• Like 1

I believe Sam actually said that puberty sucks but there was a girl behind me kind of freaking out a bit. 

I get flight or fight responses. That just happens. That’s not what I witnessed. Guessing teen boys to early 20’s with buddies thinking it’s funny to smack, touch or shove the actors. Common decency should tell them to keep their hands to themselves. It appeared security took it seriously which made me a little happier, but I still felt bad for the scare actor. 

• Like 3

It's been a few years since I was at the Friday night of CP's closing weekend, but I don't remember the crowds being exceptionally bad. They're likely heavier than Halloweekends opening weekend, but nothing stands out as being exceptionally bad. Saturday will likely be INSANE, with the causeway likely being modified via cones to have all but one lane being for traffic heading into Cedar Point. When I go to Halloweekends, I usually stick around for early entry and leave, if I even stay that long.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TombRaiderFTW said:

It's been a few years since I was at the Friday night of CP's closing weekend, but I don't remember the crowds being exceptionally bad. They're likely heavier than Halloweekends opening weekend, but nothing stands out as being exceptionally bad. Saturday will likely be INSANE, with the causeway likely being modified via cones to have all but one lane being for traffic heading into Cedar Point. When I go to Halloweekends, I usually stick around for early entry and leave, if I even stay that long.

i mean Kings Island crowds not Cedar Point lol. I said i am coming FROM Cleveland.

Last night was really fun! For the first few mazes, it seems like the scares were just a bit more plentiful (to quote myself, I said that you're never too brave to get scared) ! Bored to Death was super dark (lighting-wise), Madame Fatale's was on their A-game, and even someone from Slaughter House got me good! Also, roaming the park after midnight was quite fun; after dinner, I caught some Pokemon and then sauntered into Killmart (the greeter was just telling people to go on in!). I also enjoyed interacting with the scareactors as well as catching up with people I know. Honestly, though, the scariest thing for me was when @Magenta Lizard and I were roaming Freak Street and there was this guest who looked like Santa and had a hat that said "Yes, it's me"; it was just too real for me... :unsure:. Evil Santa and KI Santa are cool, but "real" Santa... nope!

EDIT: Also had a really nice dusk Beast ride with some guy.

• Like 3

So who's going this weekend? We are shooting for Fri, stay the night and do what we can on Saturday but not stay too late. If its anything like last Saturday, holy hell it sure was busy, my husband waited 40 min for a soda. We only ate at Reds, did Diamondback in the very back and yes my sleeve on my hoodie got soaked good.  We got on Banshee and went to Drop Tower but it was down, we wanted to get toward international street for start of haunt and we crossed thru festhouse and omg I swear the line for panda express was like a mile long. Saw the opening of haunt and went straight to Carnevil, 45 min wait, then we headed toward beast to get a nite ride, 2 hour wait, so while waiting for that we had dinner at the 50s diner, they really didn't seem to know what they were doing, out of all condiments and fries were soggy and gross, we were going to go back to reds but thought try something different. By that time and walking around it was time for our ride on Beast. I've never been a fan of this coaster, I like the smooth steel, but after doing night right there's nothing else like it. Only downfall and its happened twice that when they load us in the people who were supposed to be in the seats get mad and sphew ugly remarks, never knowing what type of physical challenge this person has and at least in my. case you can't always see it as its inside, but you if you

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, harmony29 said:

So who's going this weekend? We are shooting for Fri, stay the night and do what we can on Saturday but not stay too late. If its anything like last Saturday, holy hell it sure was busy, my husband waited 40 min for a soda. We only ate at Reds, did Diamondback in the very back and yes my sleeve on my hoodie got soaked good.  We got on Banshee and went to Drop Tower but it was down, we wanted to get toward international street for start of haunt and we crossed thru festhouse and omg I swear the line for panda express was like a mile long. Saw the opening of haunt and went straight to Carnevil, 45 min wait, then we headed toward beast to get a nite ride, 2 hour wait, so while waiting for that we had dinner at the 50s diner, they really didn't seem to know what they were doing, out of all condiments and fries were soggy and gross, we were going to go back to reds but thought try something different. By that time and walking around it was time for our ride on Beast. I've never been a fan of this coaster, I like the smooth steel, but after doing night right there's nothing else like it. Only downfall and its happened twice that when they load us in the people who were supposed to be in the seats get mad and sphew ugly remarks, never knowing what type of physical challenge this person has and at least in my. case you can't always see it as its inside, but you if you

We are planning to be in Mason all weekend.  Ganners and I have not missed a night of Haunt to date this year.  Not sure how Saturday will pan out as far as the weather, but I am thinking that the crowds will be lighter.

As for the unkind people, forget them.  We get looks sometimes, but no one knows what everyone else goes through.  If we get asked to wait a train for someone to ride that cant wait in line, I count my blessings that we can wait.  The older I get, the more I believe in Karma.

Are you guys going to make it Sunday as well?

• Like 3

14 hours ago, harmony29 said:

13 hours ago, Gannersdaddy said:

We are planning to be in Mason all weekend.  Ganners and I have not missed a night of Haunt to date this year.  Not sure how Saturday will pan out as far as the weather, but I am thinking that the crowds will be lighter.

As for the unkind people, forget them.  We get looks sometimes, but no one knows what everyone else goes through.  If we get asked to wait a train for someone to ride that cant wait in line, I count my blessings that we can wait.  The older I get, the more I believe in Karma.

I'm planning to come down Friday after work.  I may or may not have my cousin(s) with me, which will mean no mazes. :(  I'm supposed to do a 5k in Cinci on Saturday morning, and then was planning to head to the park.  I'm definitely down to meet up with some KICers.  I'm hoping to meet up with @Magenta Lizard and @jtro223 at some point. :)

• Like 1

I'm definitely down to meet up with some KICers.  I'm hoping to meet up with [mention=9282]Magenta Lizard[/mention] and [mention=9652]jtro223[/mention] at some point.

I'll be there too. Just booked my hotel last night. It'll be fun! @magentalizard@whengodsaysgo and @anyothers. (Not sure if I doing this tagging thing correctly!)

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I thought Skeleton Key started in 2013? Or was 2014 the first year for Kings Island, specifically?

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

It started in 2014. It may have been at Knott's in 2013 then rolled out chain wide in 14.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Gannersdaddy said:

I know I shouldn't care what anyone thinks, heck that's one of the first things I learned in Alanon, but I think it's my pride because I would give anything to be able to stand in line again, I'm young looking so I know people don't realize there's something wrong.

• Like 3

I booked our room today for Friday.  Red Roof Inn has a flash sale and I got the room for $54.99. If anyone needs to code, it's good til tomorrow I think.  We had a lot of fun meeting up with people a couple weeks ago, would love to do it again!  I'm also hoping the weather forecast will deter people.

• Like 3